New to CivFanatics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by eb0, Oct 19, 2010.

1. eb0

eb0 Chieftain

Not at all new to forums though.

I love looking thru all the posts picking up ideas and "strategy" from others and just learning about future releases of DLC and/or patches / updates.

Only problem is 95% of the posts on most threads are spamming about a completely different problem not related to the posters main question/comment. So I find myself paging thru multiple pages trying to find another post with some semblance to the topic.

I understand that Civ5 did not live up to everyones expectations, hopes, dreams, etc. But given the chance I'm sure they are trying to fix it.

So maybe start an entire Forum Section for "How to fix Civ 5" or on the other spectrum just make a new Forum Section for no complaining about how Civ5 disappointed you.

I'm sure you'd draw a lot of new members if everytime a Guest looks over the posts doesn't have to go thru pages and pages of complaints.

But whether you change anything or not, I'm very happy to have found this forum!! :)

Been playing Civ since Civ2, didn't start understanding Civ until Civ 3! :sad:

2. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

Try the Civ 5 - Strategy forum, that'll probably contain more of the kind of information you're looking for.

The threads currently in General are mostly about the game's recent release, rather than about hints and tips and ideas for playing it. You'll find those in the Strategy forum.

Good luck, and welcome to CFC. :)

3. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Welcome to CFC!

Please don't colour your posts all in blue, its really difficult to read when using the BlackCFC style of the forum, thanks!

4. DiabolicX

DiabolicX Chieftain

+1 Welcome.

Go to strat forum for the good info on civ 5, right now civ 5 general is just that...general discussion on civ 5.

5. Daniel D

Daniel D Chieftain

Don't miss out on the Succession Games section while you're checking the forums out. It compliments the strategy forum nicely for seeing how players put theory to use in actual games.