New to modding, first custom civ causing to go back to the menu screen.

Geschvar

Chieftain
Hello, i'm very very new to modding. This is my first time making a mod and using Modbuddy. I really wanted to make my own Custom Civ and i'm having a lot of issues.. There are no errors found when building my mod, but when i choose a this civ, leader icon, Civ icon and leader himself aren't showing up(texts seem fine) and if i try to start a game, it doesn't even show me a loading screen, it just goes back to the menu screen. I don't know if it's because i didn't add a Unique Unit, which i will later add on with T-34 models some kind guy provided on the internet and i made empty project not others' template. I'm eager to make other civilizations and possibly unit models too if i manage to make this test mod eventually.. Can i get some help please?

Attachments

• Soviet_Union_Lenin.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • Examine the contents of the Database.log file. You have the following errors being reported:
    1. You have never actually defined the district within table <Districts>:
      Code:
      <Districts>
      	<Row TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_KHRUSHCHYOVKA" Housing="6" MilitaryDomain="NO_DOMAIN"
      		CaptureRemovesCityDefenses="false" CaptureRemovesBuildings="false" ZOC="true"
      		InternalOnly="false" NoAdjacentCity="false" Aqueduct="false" RequiresPopulation="false"
      		RequiresPlacement="true" Cost="54" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_GENERIC" PlunderType="PLUNDER_GOLD"
      		Description="LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_DESCRIPTION" Name="LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_NAME"
      		CityStrengthModifier="2" CostProgressionParam1="1000" CostProgressionModel="COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS"
      		PlunderAmount="50" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_URBANIZATION" OnePerCity="false"/>
      </Districts>
      Which results in this set of error messages in the Database.log
      Code:
      [3724022.681] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Districts.DistrictType
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Districts('TraitType', 'Housing', 'MilitaryDomain', 'CaptureRemovesCityDefenses', 'CaptureRemovesBuildings', 'ZOC', 'InternalOnly', 'NoAdjacentCity', 'Aqueduct', 'RequiresPopulation', 'RequiresPlacement', 'Cost', 'AdvisorType', 'PlunderType', 'Description', 'Name', 'CityStrengthModifier', 'CostProgressionParam1', 'CostProgressionModel', 'PlunderAmount', 'PrereqCivic', 'OnePerCity') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?);'
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Districts('TraitType', 'Housing', 'MilitaryDomain', 'CaptureRemovesCityDefenses', 'CaptureRemovesBuildings', 'ZOC', 'InternalOnly', 'NoAdjacentCity', 'Aqueduct', 'RequiresPopulation', 'RequiresPlacement', 'Cost', 'AdvisorType', 'PlunderType', 'Description', 'Name', 'CityStrengthModifier', 'CostProgressionParam1', 'CostProgressionModel', 'PlunderAmount', 'PrereqCivic', 'OnePerCity') with  values (TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_KHRUSHCHYOVKA, 6, NO_DOMAIN, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 54, ADVISOR_GENERIC, PLUNDER_GOLD, LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_DESCRIPTION, LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_NAME, 2, 1000, COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS, 50, CIVIC_URBANIZATION, 0, ).
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Districts from file USSR_District.xml.
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Districts.DistrictType
      The 1st line of the error message set defines the problem: you have never stated anyything for "DistrictType". You've merely told the game that an undefined "DistrictType" will be assigned to a trait.

You must have a valid entry for "DistrictType" for each new entry into table "Districts"
    2. You have attempted to add more than one row to table "Modifiers" with the same "ModifierId" or you have attempted to re-define one which already exists. Each row in table "Modifiers" must have a unique designation for column "ModifierId". No repeats of existing designations within the game's original code or elsewhere within your or any other mod are allowed. This violation of the uniqueness constraints results in the following set of error messages:
      Code:
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Modifiers.ModifierId
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Modifiers('ModifierId', 'ModifierType') values (?, ?);'
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Modifiers('ModifierId', 'ModifierType') with  values (TRAIT_COMBAT_BONUS_HOME_CONTINENT, MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNITS_ATTACH_MODIFIER, ).
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Modifiers from file USSR_Leader.xml.
    3. These errors are "pile-on" cascading errors stemming from the previopus two errors or because you have never actually defined these anywhere as yet.
      Code:
      [3724022.688] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on CivilizationTraits.TraitType - "TRAIT_UNIT_T34" does not exist in Traits
      [3724022.690] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on DistrictReplaces.CivUniqueDistrictType - "DISTRICT_KHRUSHCHYOVKA" does not exist in Districts
      The result of getting these two errors is what actually shoves you back to the main menu.
  • Whenever the game encounters a fatal syntax error (such as the missing needed definition of the "DistrictType") the game ceases reading anything further from within that file, so anything added below the location of the fatal error "does not exist" so far as the game is concerned.
  • Violation of a uniqueness requirement also causes the game to cease reading anything further from within the file where this occurs, and anything located further down in the file is (again) ignored by the game.
  • File Database.log on Windows computers is found at folder location ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs
  • I don't understand art importation in civ6 well enough to give any guidance on what is incorrect with your art, tex, or blp files.

• Examine the contents of the Database.log file. You have the following errors being reported:
    1. You have never actually defined the district within table <Districts>:
      Code:
      <Districts>
          <Row TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_KHRUSHCHYOVKA" Housing="6" MilitaryDomain="NO_DOMAIN"
              CaptureRemovesCityDefenses="false" CaptureRemovesBuildings="false" ZOC="true"
              InternalOnly="false" NoAdjacentCity="false" Aqueduct="false" RequiresPopulation="false"
              RequiresPlacement="true" Cost="54" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_GENERIC" PlunderType="PLUNDER_GOLD"
              Description="LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_DESCRIPTION" Name="LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_NAME"
              CityStrengthModifier="2" CostProgressionParam1="1000" CostProgressionModel="COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS"
              PlunderAmount="50" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_URBANIZATION" OnePerCity="false"/>
      </Districts>
      Which results in this set of error messages in the Database.log
      Code:
      [3724022.681] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Districts.DistrictType
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Districts('TraitType', 'Housing', 'MilitaryDomain', 'CaptureRemovesCityDefenses', 'CaptureRemovesBuildings', 'ZOC', 'InternalOnly', 'NoAdjacentCity', 'Aqueduct', 'RequiresPopulation', 'RequiresPlacement', 'Cost', 'AdvisorType', 'PlunderType', 'Description', 'Name', 'CityStrengthModifier', 'CostProgressionParam1', 'CostProgressionModel', 'PlunderAmount', 'PrereqCivic', 'OnePerCity') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?);'
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Districts('TraitType', 'Housing', 'MilitaryDomain', 'CaptureRemovesCityDefenses', 'CaptureRemovesBuildings', 'ZOC', 'InternalOnly', 'NoAdjacentCity', 'Aqueduct', 'RequiresPopulation', 'RequiresPlacement', 'Cost', 'AdvisorType', 'PlunderType', 'Description', 'Name', 'CityStrengthModifier', 'CostProgressionParam1', 'CostProgressionModel', 'PlunderAmount', 'PrereqCivic', 'OnePerCity') with  values (TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_KHRUSHCHYOVKA, 6, NO_DOMAIN, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 54, ADVISOR_GENERIC, PLUNDER_GOLD, LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_DESCRIPTION, LOC_DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD_NAME, 2, 1000, COST_PROGRESSION_GAME_PROGRESS, 50, CIVIC_URBANIZATION, 0, ).
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Districts from file USSR_District.xml.
      [3724022.682] [Gameplay] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: Districts.DistrictType
      The 1st line of the error message set defines the problem: you have never stated anyything for "DistrictType". You've merely told the game that an undefined "DistrictType" will be assigned to a trait.

You must have a valid entry for "DistrictType" for each new entry into table "Districts"
    2. You have attempted to add more than one row to table "Modifiers" with the same "ModifierId" or you have attempted to re-define one which already exists. Each row in table "Modifiers" must have a unique designation for column "ModifierId". No repeats of existing designations within the game's original code or elsewhere within your or any other mod are allowed. This violation of the uniqueness constraints results in the following set of error messages:
      Code:
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Modifiers('ModifierId', 'ModifierType') values (?, ?);'
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Modifiers('ModifierId', 'ModifierType') with  values (TRAIT_COMBAT_BONUS_HOME_CONTINENT, MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNITS_ATTACH_MODIFIER, ).
      [3724022.683] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Modifiers from file USSR_Leader.xml.
    3. These errors are "pile-on" cascading errors stemming from the previopus two errors or because you have never actually defined these anywhere as yet.
      Code:
      [3724022.688] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on CivilizationTraits.TraitType - "TRAIT_UNIT_T34" does not exist in Traits
      [3724022.690] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on DistrictReplaces.CivUniqueDistrictType - "DISTRICT_KHRUSHCHYOVKA" does not exist in Districts
      The result of getting these two errors is what actually shoves you back to the main menu.
  • Whenever the game encounters a fatal syntax error (such as the missing needed definition of the "DistrictType") the game ceases reading anything further from within that file, so anything added below the location of the fatal error "does not exist" so far as the game is concerned.
  • Violation of a uniqueness requirement also causes the game to cease reading anything further from within the file where this occurs, and anything located further down in the file is (again) ignored by the game.
  • File Database.log on Windows computers is found at folder location ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs
  • I don't understand art importation in civ6 well enough to give any guidance on what is incorrect with your art, tex, or blp files.
Thanks a lot! I added 'DistrictType' and it worked along with ablities, but couldn't find a way to fix 'Leader Art' and 'Icons' not showing up sadly :/ '? icons', Teddy and Cleopatra show up instead.

Has anyone ever seen this error before? I started a new civ in ModBuddy, it loads with the JASPER_KITTY template, I built and ran it, and it works just fine. I changed all names, expect for like 6 entries declaring the leader, and that ran fine. But right when I change the last 6 entries declaring the leader (1 in FallbackLeaders.artdef, the 2 LeaderType fields in Config.xml, the 2 LeaderType fields in Leaders.xml, and the part in Leaders.xml when you declare the KIND) it crashes to desktop and shows the following error, shown in the spoiler below, in Live Tuner. And this is the basic JASPER_KITTY template here, I did not change anything else. What is going on?

Spoiler Live Tuner Screenshot :

upload_2017-10-2_18-5-57.png

Top Bottom