New to Steam needs help getting a MP game

F4llschirmjager

Chieftain
So I m pretty much new to steam here and have no idea where can i get a decent MP civ game, when I looked in MP -> Internet no one hosts any game. Where can I access all this public civ game ? Thx for the help

Also are there others stuff i should know about steam ? cuz its my first time.

Let me get this straight... I can't just join a civ5 game publicly like in civ4 right ? I have to add someone as a friend then invite them or what ?

well. not exactly. You can join a public game and host one. Check around the servers. You can change server in steam by going to settings and look under the download and cloud tab. But the thing is you asked for a decent MP game. and for that you don t really want to join a public game. There are two major civ steam communities. Civleague and NQ. If you join those groups you will find good games in the steamchat. baicly after joining a steamgroup you will have a tab in your friendlist that says group. if you klick the tab after joining the groups you can choose join group chat. in the group chat you can discuss and set up games with the people in the chatroom and ad them to your friendlist.

That is a way better option to get good games then to just host a public game or join one.

Top Bottom