1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New trade routes screen

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Dawn of A New Era' started by M07, Mar 26, 2014.

1. M07

M07 Chieftain

Hello,

This post is about the new trade routes system in DoaNE that will be available from the DoaNE v4.00.

Now, we are able to create a trade route between two colonies or one coastal colony and Europe.
    For one trade route, you will be able to add one or several resources with for each of them some options (See screenshots)
    After that, you will be able to affect one trade route to a group of ships or wagon trains, we also some personal options.

If you did a trade route between one of your colony and Europe, you will be able to :
    - Ask to automatically buy some resources in Europe
    - Ask to immigrants you chose in Europe to automatically embark in one of your fleets and disembark in your colony.

Believe me, I tried those two features and I can assure you will gain a lot of time :).

Attached Files:

2. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

3. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Chieftain

I'm salivating :goodjob:

Grazi!

4. DARCK-PHOENIX

DARCK-PHOENIX Chieftain

when you will release the new version ...or at least the new trade routes ?

5. Willi_Tell

Willi_Tell praefectus praetorio

Wow, looks very impressive! (the new trade route system and the screens as well) :crazyeye:

6. Dazio

Dazio Chieftain

The version will be on-line in 2 or 3 weeks and these options will be included.

7. Zholef

Zholef Chieftain

Well done!

However, we still have to make more clicks than necessary. I would like to be able to set a default destination for new colonists, so I don't have to make two extra clicks for each of them. Alternatively, the game could ask me upon hiring, where the colonist should go. Similarly, buying goods in Europe in the trade route menu requires too many clicks. Could you make it so that my ships always buy enough goods in Europe to replenish the target city's stores to a particular level? Lastly, the renewing of contracts takes too many clicks as well. When doing so, the game shouldn't ask me to select a target city again. After all, if I really have to, I can do it in the contracts menu. Also, why offer me shorter contracts? Longer is virtually always better. Why not offer me different payment methods instead?

Example:

"Your contract with the natives of Hiwase village over 60 Furs in exchange for 30 Tools has ended. The natives have offered you several new contracts to take its place."
    1. Agree to trade 60 Furs for 35 Tools with an expiration time of 20 Turns.
    2. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 50 Tools with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
    3. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 45 Trade Goods with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
    4. Agree to trade 90 Furs for 40 Horses with an expiration time of 30 Turns.
    5. Maybe later.

8. M07

M07 Chieftain

Hello Zholef,
    Thank you for your comment, it is very interesting.
    I prefer this idea because with the previous one, we can have an issue. If we forgot to assign our colonist in another city. The colonist will automatically leave Europe in a wrong direction.
    Really good idea. We have something similar for cities but we forgot it for Europe.
    We really like those ideas too.

Well done. Those changes should be in the next version of DoaNE. ;)