New Traits for BTS

AbbieRevo

Non-Voting Delegate
So there were no new traits in BTS, WTF right?

So let's think of some to mod in, and figure out which leaders should have them.

I figure we'll add two new ones, like they did with Warlords.

I'll start the ball rolling with:

Secretive:
+100% Cost for espionage missions against you.
Half Price: Security Bureau, Intelligence Agency

Could be used for:
Mao, Stalin, Churchill, FDR

How about these:

Visionary:
----------

+50% space ship production
half costs for observatory, laboratory

Diplomatic:
----------

+100 % foreign trade routes
+100 % Apostolic or UN votes

Cosmopolitan:
-------------

+10% production rate for each foreign culture in a city
half production rate for super markets, public transports

Agricultural:
-----------

Newly founded cities start at level 3
half production rate for dykes (the normal building, not that special Dutch one), stables

I would suggest that you take a look at the existing traits and then look at the ones you have suggested. An Espionage trait would work well in the game, but the "Visionary" trait is virtually useless for the entire game, and if you disable the Space Race victory condition is completely useless. On the proposed Agricultural trait, +1 food in the city center is a more "Civ"-like trait...starting cities at size 3 would be bizarre. Not to mention their is already an "agricultural"-like trait in the game, Expansive. I don't even understand how you could plan to use Cosmopolitan in the game, and its double production buildings (surely that's what you meant, not half-production as that's is a pretty severe penalty) come very late in the game. I would like a Scientific trait, but unfortunately the Financial trait overlaps it in a similar matter.

I'd say try again. The Espionage trait has promise. There are a lot of traits over in the BtS forums where we are working on traits...come join us. :)

So then leaders would have three traits, two good and one bad? Or more? No thanks, I'll keep the current two-trait system.

The World of Legends modding team may be including new traits in the unofficial BtS expansion, but we are still deciding.

Comment here.

But i think there should have been more traits in BtS.

What do you mean by unofficial expansion? Never mind, I'll just read the thread. :)

Top Bottom