New undisclosed Paradox game on the horizon: Millennia

Tick based games are a *huge* tradeoff. They limit what you can do so much. Now some Paradox fans *despise* turn based systems, so maybe the trade off doesn't bother them.
I like "turn-based" games but I much prefer Paradox's games which are based on "ticks". I think that turn-bases limit the mechanics a lot in different ways. Even more than all, literally all 4x that i know that are about the history of humanity today are turn-based, I couldn't take another one, so I would hope that since it is related to paradox that it could be based on "ticks". In Civ each turn takes years, and then slows down to just months. This would work with "ticks" too. And yes, many players of paradox games despises turn-based games, aside from total war beacuse most of it is a RTS, I don't know how many.

1695051922293.png

Tweet: "Prepare to embark on a journey through the annals of history"

Tweet: "Prepare to embark on a journey through the annals of history"
By this phrase, its clearly a game about eras, we just dont know if its more like Civ, Empire Earth, rise of Nations, or one like Stellaris but about actual history instead of a galaxy exploitation

or one like Stellaris but about actual history instead of a galaxy exploitation

I mean, that's all their main games :p

Hopefully like Civ. The pace always felt off to me in Rise of Nations, even though I really liked it. I would usually play in the slowest progression option to have a better feel for the eras, but even that felt fast iirc.

I mean, that's all their main games :p

Hopefully like Civ. The pace always felt off to me in Rise of Nations, even though I really liked it. I would usually play in the slowest progression option to have a better feel for the eras, but even that felt fast iirc.
I really don't think that Rise of Nations and Empire Earth worked well because they wanted to go through all the eras of humanity, especially Empire Earth that starts with a village and ends with a village made of concrete and glass. In Rise of Nations I used to only play just to the Enlightenment Age most of the time as a limit.

I was expecting a Dieselpunk art :hammer2:But these soldiers and the tank are very fictional, it could mean a wide range of customization for your nation/civilization/faction a la Stellaris, or it's like the possibility of a generic nation/civilization/faction without a pure historical basis like in Command and Conquer for example.

I was expecting a Dieselpunk art :hammer2:But these soldiers and the tank are very fictional, it could mean a wide range of customization for your nation/civilization/faction a la Stellaris, or it's like the possibility of a generic nation/civilization/faction without a pure historical basis like in Command and Conquer for example.
I feel this is about the most Hearts of Iron image they could have posted.

I don't see the "wide range of customization", other than the symbol. You could be right about some of it.

I feel this is about the most Hearts of Iron image they could have posted.

I don't see the "wide range of customization", other than the symbol. You could be right about some of it.
Have you played CK3 and EU4? Ck3 can change how your culture works, create new ones, or hybridize. And Eu4 has the issue of national ideas, each nation has different ones, you could do something similar in which you choose these things over time, evolving your civilization, just like in Stellaris you can modify the DNA of your species to be better in others. things.

Have you played CK3 and EU4? Ck3 can change how your culture works, create new ones, or hybridize. And Eu4 has the issue of national ideas, each nation has different ones, you could do something similar in which you choose these things over time, evolving your civilization, just like in Stellaris you can modify the DNA of your species to be better in others. things.
You could be right, I'm just saying there's none of that in the screenshot, apart from the custom symbol.

You could argue the tank doesn't look like a German tank, but I'm not reading much into that.

Someone asked on the tweet about the historical inaccuracies, and this was the official response:

1695249864210.png

So I'm betting it's a fantastical world (which would also encompass the AoW stuff from a few days ago).

You could be right, I'm just saying there's none of that in the screenshot, apart from the custom symbol.

You could argue the tank doesn't look like a German tank, but I'm not reading much into that.
It would have to be one of H. Beam Piper's alternate 'paratimes' at least, because the tank has the hull and turret configuration of the American M4 Sherman (note that the tank turret looks like it was cast, and IRL the Germans never had the capability to make armor castings that big, only the USA and USSR in WWII) while the troops are in 'Germanic' uniforms (and British-style chevron rank insignia on their sleeves) with Schmeisser-type submachineguns.

The design on the side of the leading tank's turret means nothing: all nations' tanks historically in WWII had various personal and patriotic slogans and emblems on them, whether they were officially authorized or not.

Question is, are all the 'alternatives' hard-wired or in-game possibilities?

Will now tomorrow, I guess . . .

It would have to be one of H. Beam Piper's alternate 'paratimes' at least, because the tank has the hull and turret configuration of the American M4 Sherman (note that the tank turret looks like it was cast, and IRL the Germans never had the capability to make armor castings that big, only the USA and USSR in WWII) while the troops are in 'Germanic' uniforms (and British-style chevron rank insignia on their sleeves) with Schmeisser-type submachineguns.

The design on the side of the leading tank's turret means nothing: all nations' tanks historically in WWII had various personal and patriotic slogans and emblems on them, whether they were officially authorized or not.

Question is, are all the 'alternatives' hard-wired or in-game possibilities?

Will now tomorrow, I guess . . .
A chevron on the right sleeve denoted being a Alter Kämpfer, for members of the Party before the 1933 takeover.

Top Bottom