New Unit: Alien Egg Plant - Nov. 18, 2017

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
Alien Egg Plants are invading!

The Alien Egg Plant can kill humans with their extremely powerful acid spit and can be Airdropped with their Spaceship that Beams them down.

This unit also comes with all image files for the "Alien Transport Station II" Improvement. It is intended to go with my Uploaded Alien unit.

Alien Egg Plant Preview gif
Note: The flc speeds differ in game from the gif previews.
Default-Run-Default-Fidget-Default-Fortify-Attack-Victory-Default-Fortify-Attack-Death

Alien Egg Plant Run gif
Here is a better example of the Run speed in game.

Alien Egg Plant Airdrop gif

Alternate Alien Egg Plant Grow "Airdrop"

Temporarily, I will post this Alternate Alien Egg Plant "Airdrop" Requested by modmyciv.
I will add this Alternate Airdrop to the Unit Download soon. This is the best I can do for this Airdrop for all files. The Game does NOT like any long animations and problems occur when we try to get more of what we want.
Game tested and Works Very Good in Game.

Alternate Airdrop Zip Below.

Included Files:
Civilopedia AlienEggPlantLarge.pcx, AlienEggPlantSmall.pcx, AlienEggPlant_units_32.pcx
Alien Transport Station II - Improvement
Images for buildings large and small
Alternate and Extra Images
Adjusted .ini file

Animations (flcs): AlienEggPlantDefault, AlienEggPlantRun, AlienEggPlantFortify, AlienEggPlantAttack,
AlienEggPlantFidget, AlienEggPlantDeath, AlienEggPlantVictory, AlienEggPlantAirdrop.

Sounds: AlienEggPlantRun.wav, AlienEggPlantFortify.wav, AlienEggPlantAttack.wav, AlienEggPlantFidget.wav,
AlienEggPlantDeath.wav, AlienEggPlantVictory.wav, AlienEggPlantAirdrop.wav.

The Alien Egg Plant does not use Civ Specific Colors.

All files have been Game Tested

You can Download the Alien Egg Plant zip file
Here

The Alien Egg Plant Alternate "Airdrop" has been added to the Unit Download as another extra version.

Attachments

• Alternate Airdrop.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Nice to see some units like these, however, the download is for the Alien unit instead of the egg.

Many thanks. Any chance of an alternative airdrop of it growing from a little seed? Then I can airdrop in a fantasy setting.

More like these though - can't have too many units in a mod can you?

modmyciv... that could be done. Send me a message of the details such as how does the seed get there or would it just be where ever you Airdrop. Rather than a seed, the unit could just be the size of a seed then get larger.

I am game testing now for an Update to EFZI2 Elite so busy at the moment.

Gosh, would be v. good if you did. Starting out as a seed or sprout and then growing would be ideal - growing from a tiny version would be easiest to animate I guess. Just didn't want it popping up instantly.

modmyciv... Have you tested the unit in game? This Unit was made of Props and the Tentacles are static and do not move so to make the Run I had to manipulate the sizes and direction of the Tentacles all together. I think It looks and works Much better in game than what the preview shows because it is moving across the Terrain.

As for the Seed... it would be so tiny that it would not really show. I think it better to adjust the Unit parts so it appears to grow up from the Ground to normal size. The seed would not be seen because it is under ground :)
...and anyway, if the seed was seen, how did it just appear there? This is why I asked about details such as How does the seed get placed where ever you Airdrop? Guess it could fall out of the sky but again it would be small and also that would take up more frames of the animation just to see the seed fall.
The "Airdrop" animations can only be just so long or the game will not play them well but I believe it can be done to have the unit appear to Grow up from the ground.

The way I have this Unit set, it is Very Strong and moves 4 tiles with Blitz and Lethal "spit" Bombardment. The Spaceship is used to Airdrop it.

I will see what I can do when I get time... still working on EFZI2 Elite and want to upload it, I hope, before the end of this month.

Thank you - I am adding it at once. In my mod such creatures are summoned by magical means, rather than projected from a settlement, so the growing animation works perfectly - your wizards call them forth from the very ground itself to defend your homelands etc....

I use it as a static defender with strong bombard

Last edited:
Top Bottom