New Unit: Amazon Martial Artist

Mzm

Chieftain
This is my first unit.

Unit Update (see post 19 for "what's new")
Amazon Martial Artist v.1.1 download.

Thanks to:
- Utahjazz7 for his tutorial/props
- Kinboat for his figures/props
- Everybody posted tips and programs (Steph, Moeniir, etc.)

PS - I need some help with explosion effects in Poser. Anyone can help me via priv. mess.?

Welcome to the forums :)

This unit looks good. The animations are smooth, and I recognize a lot of them from when I did karate ;)

One thing you might want to think about in future versions is decreasing their frame delay in Flickster, as at the moment she's a little bit slow (did you use the default 125?)

All in all, I'd say this is a very good unit! Will we be expecting any more shortly?

Hi MZM! Welcome to CFC!

This is a very nice first unit :) All animations are good, but the attacks need more work. More force to the punch (its great that she ads he body weight to the strike, but the arm needs to dominate) and I think she should lean a bit more to the left during the kick, and the leg should be a bit more stiff. All in all a nice unit :)

This sounds intresting.

Preview ? :D

Thanks for the welcomes. It's about 2 years that I attend this forum.
I hardly modded my Civ3 version with units grabbed here. Then I decided to do the big step, and make my own units.

To Virote - I used these frame delays: Attacks 80, Run 59, Death 95, Fortify 88, Default 125, Victory 142. Last is slower to underline the moment. I have to solve before some technical problems with Poser, then I'll post more units.

To Stormrage - You're right. I'll update the unit when I'll have some extra time.

To Heretic - Sorry, I've not programs to make animated gif. I use Flicster to see Civ3 unit animations.

PS - Excuse me for my bad English, it's not my mother-tongue.

Made a preview for you. Animations are very good, just decrease the frame rate:

Good job on your first unit! :goodjob:

Like the others before me, I do recommend that the attacks be a bit more forceful, and it play a bit faster.

But other than that, nice job! :)

Very good!

The Fortify is the one that really needs to play faster (and she slides her feet during it instead of stepping one at a time). Also, the attack animations should begin (and end) with the last frame of the Fortify. That is, during the Fortify, the character gets into the "attack" pose which begins and ends the attack animations. The Death should also begin with the "attack" pose, and the Victory should begin with the "attack" pose and end with the Default pose.

Otherwise it's definitely a nice unit. A very good start!

She does have a nice "junk in the trunk.":D

Kinda reminds me of one of those women self-defense class with the instructor telling students to say:No! Means No!:lol:

Mzm... Congratulations on your 1st Unit. :goodjob:

Experiment with Faster Frame Rates in Poser...calculate the Frame Rate so the Run animation will play well at 66 speed then adjust as wanted when you generate the Flc in Flicster.
For example, A Flc Speed of 66 would be set in Flicster for a 10 Frame Run animation to have it play in .66 of a second like the Original Game Units but a Flc Speed of 44 would be needed to play a 15 Frame animation in the same .66 of a second.

IF the Frame Rate is not first set in Poser so the animation will playback at the Rate desired for the completed animation, the animation will not be able to be adjusted a great amount in Flicster to compensate for a play back speed that differs far from the Frame Rate that was used to create it.

What this means is to first set the Frame Rate in Poser when you are creating an animation to obtain the desired Final Flc Speed for the completed animation that will provide the best playback. We can alter the "Normal" number of Frames (10) and Flc Speed (66) for Run animations that the CIV game uses for units but the results vary with difficulties, not to mention that sounds are usually more of a problem as well. More Frames are smoother but unless the Frame rate is adjusted in Poser and Flicster to have them playback basically the same as "Normal" Civ Game Units, we will get slow motion animations.

Good Luck and I hope to see more Fun Units from you.

Stormrage... "unky Vuldacon" :lol: How did you know that I slide out from under my Car when I post? ;) I did just complete the animation renders for the Super Sport Camaro which will be in the EFZI2 Scenario.

This Amazon Martial Artist from Mzm is very good for a first unit by anyone...in fact it has very good movements. By simply using some minor technical adjustments in the procedures that were used to create the unit, with a few subtle adjustments in the animations it would improve the good work that is already finished. We all remember our first units and the many factors that we did not know then. It requires time and experience to gain the needed information and be able to put it all together for use. There are very talented, creative members of this site who have all collectively helped many others through the years. It is good to try and return favors... so yes, I do try to "slide out from under my car" and post something to help if possible.
...I rather like the concept of this Amazon Martial Artist to add to the list of existing Amazon units.

As everyone else said, looks great, for a first unit especially.:goodjob:
Nice job and I look forward to your future works.:)

Holy crap, man! You're better at animating than I am, :lol:. Spectacular job, fluid movements and good work. You've certainly got potential. Also, there are some good free explosion effects on this page (they're the explosions Navy Dawg uses)

Hi there.
I re-made the unit, following the hints from Plotinus, BlueMofia, Vuldacon and others. Thank you for that.

The download link is on post #1.

What's new:
- Every animations is faster
- Re-make of Attack A, Attack B, Death and Victory
- New Attack C (turning kick)
- Every attack animations begins with the last frame of Fortify
- Death animation begins with the last frame of attacks
- Victory animation begins with the last frame of attack and ends with the first frame of Default
- Added an entry in the .ini file for the new Attack C

To NavyDawg: Thanks, I'll send you a pm with the questions.
To OdinTheKing: Thanks for the link, it seems to be very useful.
To everybody: Thanks for benevolent judgements on my first unit.

Sorry about preview, I've not a program to make animated .gif

PS - I need a chariot prop for an Amazon Chariot unit. ;)

Top Bottom