New Unit: Atlatl (October 28, 2005)

Hi utahjazz! I posted a link with the download in the Mesoamerican Conquest mod (Red Alert´s) saying it was probaly yours -then I realized this thread had just come out. Anyway, nice unit.

Ares de Borg said:
Great. What is it? ;-)
As said Bjornlo, the name of the weapon come from the language used by the Aztecs. And it has been recalled to the memory of Occidental Civilization when the Spaniards saw the Aztecs use this weapon against them efficiently! A good practical history lesson it was indeed! As a matter of fact, if I am not mistaken, this kind of weapon have been used by almost all culture groups in the Stone Age. Some kind of transition between the lance and the bow. A bit less dangerous against mammoths I guess.:rolleyes:

I will personally use this unit for the Aztecs; as a replacement for Archer. Thank You very much señor Utahjazz. Very beautiful, original and interesting! :goodjob:

Very Nice...Ill be replacing the archer for either Rapa Nui or Mercosur with this one...thanx much.....

And thanx to ANY unit creaters who are still working on Civ 3, we(those players who dont see any improvement in Civ4) still need you...

Wow, this is extremely well animated. Very good job!

I came up with this line for anyone who is interested:

Atlatl, upgrades to Javalin Thrower, an ancient Medditarian, Bronze age skirmisher.

Javalin Thrower upgrades to Velites, an iron age Roman skirmisher

Velites upgrade to Skirmisher, a midival spear throwing unit used in Europe.

Skirmishers could upgrade to a number of things. To continue the large projectile theme, I'd go with Aaglo's Medival Mortar

Medival Mortar, upgrades to the Napolian Era Grenadier, which carries a rifle which is capable of sending out a small grenade at the enemy.

Grenadier upgrades to Mortar, which are used threwout the first world war.

Mortar upgrades to Boozoka, and is used up until the Information age.

Boozoka upgrades to TOW Infantry, which is no surprise.

If you were to continue forward, as in the case of my mod...

Tow Infantry upgrades to a Rail Infantry, armed with a railgun boozooka.

And Railgun Infantry upgrade to Blaster Infantry(Bebro's XCOM Blue Blaster), which are armed with a portable laser cannon.

Top Bottom