New Unit: Aztec Knight (May 25, 2006)

utahjazz7

Deity
Finally, after a two-month long struggle, this unit is finally completed. The model was constructed once, and half of the animations were completed. Then, my hard drive broke and I lost all my data. So, I had to really start over from scratch: reinstalling Poser, downloading my and Kinboat's figures and props again, etc. And now, the unit has been reconstructed--better than originally . . .

So, before I become so sick of this unit that I don't want to post it, here is the Aztec Knight. I know that this has been a highly requested unit in the past, so I hope that I don't disappoint anyone with it. I tried to stay more or less truthful to Kal-el's conceptual drawing, but I made some changes like the shield pattern, weapon, and armor. Hopefully, everyone will approve of the alterations.

I'm pretty happy with the unit, I'd have to say. I hope you all enjoy it too. It's been almost three months since my last unit, so I hope that I didn't make any mistakes with the palettes or image sizes; I have to admit to feeling a little rusty. :)

Download.

Holy guacamole tamole! That is sweeeeeeeet! Um, beyond that, I am speechless. Kind of silly to be speechless with the first post, tho... :blush:

Is this some sort of 'fantasy' unit (no offense). If memory serves me, I thought that the Aztecs never had horses.

Great unit though. :thumbsup:

Put it in the Contest! Put it in the Contest! Wooo! Wait Till Swogmiester sees it!

Lord Malbeth said:
Is this some sort of 'fantasy' unit (no offense). If memory serves me, I thought that the Aztecs never had horses.
It is a "what if" unit, and a flavour unit for the Aztecs so they dont have armoured european knights running around :) AFAIK

very well done, utah. very well done indeed :thumbsup:

Absolutely brilliant and a unit that has been needed for a long time! I especially like the attention to detail (morphing the covering on the horse so it moves dynamically in the animation).

I have no use for it (sadly!) but it looks GREAT! The armor is fantastic, please make some historical units with that feature. ;)

This is very good, animations flow great, the thick blade on the sword is neat. Good work!

Lord Malbeth said:

I remember this coming up before. It actually does have a place in history - The Mixton Wars. This was a rebellion of many eastern tribes in Mexico about 10 years after the conquest. At that time many natives in these areas had secretly learned to ride horses and the generals would probably have worn similar clothing to Aztec war dress. I would use this as one of those generals in that war.

Kick ass, thats all I have to say Utah man...thankyou a bunch for making this. Between the Mesoamerican units that I've, kinboat, you and Shiro have made, I'm pretty certain that Mesoamerica is farely complete when it comes to historical and real-world units..

Maybe in the future I'll make a Coyote Warrior, and redo my Atlantes and my first aztec guy. For now, I'm trying to stay away from anything to stressful, since I just got out of the hospital and I don't want to go back lol.

Top Bottom