New Unit: Detective March 20, 2012

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
"Sam Hammer" has trained New Detectives and they are ready to handle your "Dirty Jobs' discretely :)

Winner of the March 2012 Unit of the Month Contest :trophy:

Winner of the 2012 Unit of the Year Contest :trophy:

I needed new Detectives for EFZI2 Complete. They are Auto-produced from the Detective's Office.

No CIV Specific Color was used for this Unit.
Game Tested as usual.

Animation Flc speeds differ in Game from this one speed gif preview.

Included Files:
DetectiveDefault.flc
DetectiveRun.flc
DetectiveFortify.flc
DetectiveFidget.flc
DetectiveAttack.flc
DetectiveDeath.flc
DetectiveVictory.flc

Sounds:
DetectiveRun.wav
DetectiveFortify.wav
DetectiveFidget.wav
DetectiveAttack.wav
DetectiveDeath.wav
DetectiveVictory.wav

DetectiveLarge.pcx, DetectiveSmall.pcx
Detective_units_32.pcx
Alternate Civilopedia Images with different colored backgrounds.
Extra Files: Previews and gif file
Adjusted .INI File

You can download the Zip File here

Last edited:
Thanks Kyriakos and yes, I made this unit so it could be used as wanted. It has no Zombie reference in the sounds. It could be used for any unit position it will work for.

Balthasar...
Thanks, the main reason I had him step back is because the frame size is 120 x 120 and he would fall through the enemy unless I animated him stepping back first.

Looks like I made the background for the preview a bit too dark but I wanted the Very Dark coat colors to show. He works and looks good on the map... stands out well.

At last, a counter-spy!

I need to hire this guy to investigate how Vuldacon manages to do such units.

were he to lose the briefcase and wear a leather coat (although it wouldn't be visible at civ3 scale) he'd also make a perfect Gestapo guy

I'd also like to see a version without the briefcase, so that I could put him into an earlier era, if it wouldn't be too much trouble to set that up. To match an even earlier era, all he'd need would be a wider tie.

Excellent work! I like the way his hat flips over onto his back in the death.

What human figure is this? Obviously not the PDM, but it looks like it matches the looks of the PDM well in the animations.

Yes... Michael 4 Model was used.

The one thing I would like to have changed is the height of his attack with the pistol.
I animated him pointing straight out, which works but due to lower enemies such as the Sewer Guards (Rats), the pistol is a bit high.
Perhaps would have been better to have him shoot from the hip level.
Guess most do not have such low enemies though :)

I definitely like this guy. I'm thinking he may make a good spy, secret police or Gestapo guy for a WW2 mod. With detect invisible he would be the only unit capable of finding invisible partisans. Hmmm. :mischief:

Top Bottom