new unit: earthbender (feb 26, 2008)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
UPDATE (MAR 1, 2008): FIXED THE PEDIA ICONS! I forgot to apply the pallete to them, so they didn't work in-game.

UPDATE (mar 5, 2008): edited the attack a bit. its in the zip

an earthbender from ''Avatar: the last airbender''

unit is game tested

previews:

(default - run - default - fortify - attack (x2) - victory - fortify - attack - death)

the image on his tunic is the earth nation emblem...

I made it so that it stamps the ground, and a rock comes flying out. he then throws it at the enemy.

in the death, he steps backwards and sort of triggering this, wich makes the rock come out >_<.

in the victory he bends sort of a pedestal for himself :p

sounds again included, I made some myself again with mixing from existing civ units.

I think I am gonna make one of each bender type (earth, water, air, fire)...

oh well, ENJOY!

NOTE:download the following zip with the correct pedia icons. overwrite the ones in the zip of the unit

download HERE

Last edited:
This is totally cool. What a great imagination. And good work too.
Might I offer that the foot stomp could perhaps be more forceful, show more movement?

Excellent. Now I finally have a Geomancer unit for the Kingdom of Jin in the "Annals of Seven Kingdoms" mod. :D

Woah! That is trippy. When he dies, his rock thing lands on his own head. Nice.

Nice stuff! I agree with Azmorg about the stamp. Actions like that often work best if you exaggerate them; remember that units are small, so b-i-g movements look better even if they might look over-the-top in Poser.

:)

Very well done!

Though may I recommend that, in the future if you decide to remake this unit, you make his actions more forceful like in the anime? And for the other benders, possibly make their actions correlate with their bending styles?

edited the pedia pix, because they didn't work in-game...

Top Bottom