1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Unit: Farm Truck July 3, 2010

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Vuldacon, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Uh uh; it should be in Modern Units, according to the definition (1900 - present) in the database. The database organization is something of a thorn in my side; some makers of military units have made a regular habit of sticking anything before 1930 (and even a few more modern units!) into the Industrial age database in order to keep separate their WWI & WW2 units. This means inevitably that someone looking for, say Napoleonic units has to wade through page after page of Biplanes. I like biplanes as much, maybe more than the next guy, but it makes the database unnecessarily difficult to use, and the category designation meaningless. Imploring the aforementioned unit makers to change their ways (and I've tried) is a masochistic exercise in futility.

IMHO, there should be separate WWI and WW2 era categories in the database, due to the popularity and sheer number of units that have been made for each. I mean, it's like my encyclopedia: when the volume "S" got too bloated, the publishers divided it into 'S - Si' and 'Sj - Sz'. Problem solved. Surely it couldn't be that difficult to do on a website.

Anyway, it would be easier to find the farm truck in Modern Units, I think. :cool:

2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

OK.. I moved the unit back to "Other Units" as I had it to begin with. It is not a Modern Unit by any definition and Other Units fits best.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

We should do like in email servers and have labels instead of folders.

4. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

A Ford pickup that runs that well clearly belongs in the Fantasy Units section.

5. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Cool unit Greg, nice to see you're still doing fine and producing very nice units with a special feel...

6. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Absolutely superb unit Greg!

7. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Perhaps it should go in the Ancient downloads section... because they are just not that common nowadays anymore :mischief:

;)