new unit: Fire fighter (feb 24, 2008)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
sort of like an anti-flame thrower, I guess...

unit is game tested

previews:

(default - run - fortify - attack (x2) - victory - fortify - attack - death)

yeah, he leaks alot...

I linked to the flamethrower attack sound, wich seems to fit very nice

ENJOY

download HERE

Last edited:
Interesting. Not sure how to use him...

One point, aesthetics more than anything: should water be dripping from the nozzle as he's firing?

Interesting. Not sure how to use him...

One point, aesthetics more than anything: should water be dripping from the nozzle as he's firing?

well, the drop is created before the actual blast, as in, the nozzle stutters a bit before really firing... I guess? thats why I put the drop there :p

and about the not sure where to use it, alot of people have that with my other units too. so I am not surprised there >_<

ruby_sauce said:
and about the not sure where to use it, alot of people have that with my other units too. so I am not surprised there >_<
You should feel honoured; it's a sign of originality. ;)

Very nice unit.

Very nice! :)

I would like to request some randomness from you if you take them. Such as Jesus (with halo) with an AK-47. :)

Hmm it think the attack animation is strange cause at the beginning the waterflow doesn't follow gravity. The water should start somehow like half a parabola and extend to the straight line with increasing presure...
All in all an interesting unit...

I like the unit ideas you come up with. I'm pretty sure I can use this one.

I do agree with the criticisms others have posted (water pressure, dripping, etc.) but I know it's not easy to make a unit, so great job!

I don't think there was a flamethrower unit in C3C or PTW or vanilla (the .ini references "american flamethrower" sounds) This will cause errors unless you explain what flamethrower unit we have to download to get this unit to work. (or you can include those sounds in the download and rewrite the .ini)

And if you are taking requests, I could use a snowman with a gun (or any attack you think is cool)

Rather clever idea, I daresay. Makes me want to play Lego for some reason! :)

thanks for the comments. I don't know about requests though, as I would like to practice some more, and also I have some units I want to make for myself too. but if I am done with those, I would like to do some requests :p

I like the unit ideas you come up with. I'm pretty sure I can use this one.

I do agree with the criticisms others have posted (water pressure, dripping, etc.) but I know it's not easy to make a unit, so great job!

I don't think there was a flamethrower unit in C3C or PTW or vanilla (the .ini references "american flamethrower" sounds) This will cause errors unless you explain what flamethrower unit we have to download to get this unit to work. (or you can include those sounds in the download and rewrite the .ini)

And if you are taking requests, I could use a snowman with a gun (or any attack you think is cool)

Look in civ3PTW\Extras\World War II.

Top Bottom