New Unit: Fusion Bomb

Here is a little reskin i made. I've included xml for the unit as well.

At only 350 hammers, this is a cheap weapon of mass destruction. It doesn't need any resources either. But the downside (if you call it that) is that it only affects 1 tile/plot on the map in stead of the 9 that the ICBM affects.

crappy screenshot:

Enjoy!

Attachments

• fbomb.zip
    266.4 KB · Views: 1,317
Awesome :goodjob: Perfect for Second Revolution. Btw, to fix that blue American flag, go into the America section of the wbs notepad save and add WhiteFlag=1. That should get rid of the blue. If not, use DXTBmp to color the alpha channel black as well.

the only problem with it is that a fusion bomb is in reality stronger than a normal fision bomb.
This missle could be called a "Tactical Nuclear Missle" and be more accurate.

but i love the reskin and idea of a smaller,cheaper nuke.
assuming you don't mind, I'll use it in my cold war mod.

A tactical nuke... finally you can nuke that enemy army *just* outside your border... :D

Does this mean when you use this weapon, you are dropping the "F-bomb"?:lol:

AlazkanAssassin said:
the only problem with it is that a fusion bomb is in reality stronger than a normal fision bomb.

but i love the reskin and idea of a smaller,cheaper nuke.
assuming you don't mind, I'll use it in my cold war mod.
Thank you very much and every one is welcome to use it! just download my mod when its done ;)

[my explanation]
The reason why I made it affect less tiles is because of the lack of fallout produced by the fusion burst. The current setting will only yield the possibility of one fallout tile.

I consider tiles that are destroyed in the 8-tile area of an ICBM to have been destroyed by fallout and secondary effects, not by the initial blast. Remember, a tile is at least 100 klicks across. A pure fusion bomb, not utilizing fission at all (theoretical?), would only have blast damage and heat damage. The enviromental impact would not have any radiation or fallout to spread to adjacent tiles.

Yeah. I figured this would've been a "weapon of the future" for civ. A little inaccurate, because fusion produces much more energy than fision.

But I like the skin, good job.

Fr8monkey said:
Does this mean when you use this weapon, you are dropping the "F-bomb"?:lol:

No, the H-Bomb. Fusion bomb = hydrogen bomb.

I think you should create two different types. One tactical nuke (a 10 kton warhead), which only affects one square. And then a strategic nuke (a 10 mton warhead), which should completely destroy everything in the square it lands on (including the city -- gone), and severely damage the 9 squares around it.

It's possible with Python (but I'm too un-python-y to do it myself). ;)

And of course, both nukes should be pythoned as deployable on "modern" subs only, not to mention that new improvement called ICBM-silo. ;)

How does the AI react to dropping this? is it like the ICBM? If so then is there any way of stopping the AI's from disliking or declaring war on you for using it?

GeoModder said:
A near-miss with an atomic weapon is a good thing? ;)

No, but until GPS, SLBMs were highly inaccurate. For a ballistic missile, you need to know your exact position and the exact position of the target. A submarine could, before GPS, only approximate its position, and therefore SLBMs weren't very accurate.

In fact, one of the major reasons for the development of GPS was just that.

thamis said:
...I think you should create two different types. One tactical nuke (a 10 kton warhead), which only affects one square. And then a strategic nuke (a 10 mton warhead), which should completely destroy everything in the square it lands on (including the city -- gone), and severely damage the 9 squares around it.

It's possible with Python (but I'm too un-python-y to do it myself). ;)

I am very un-python-y myself so i knew i couldn't make this one only create damage and no fallout. I wish a little bit that firaxis had included more configurations. maybe a tactical nuke should be in the works. it took a while to figure out the skin for this unit.:hammer2:

thamis said:
No, but until GPS, SLBMs were highly inaccurate. For a ballistic missile, you need to know your exact position and the exact position of the target. A submarine could, before GPS, only approximate its position, and therefore SLBMs weren't very accurate.

In fact, one of the major reasons for the development of GPS was just that.

I guess that why eventually multiple warheads on a SLBM were used. More chances of one going off in the right area.

Is the tactical nuke mobile? The mainstay of the russian nuclear force were mobile launchers, they were limited in range, but they could be moved away from danger, or as the case may be moved around so they couldn't be hit by icbms or bombers.

Top Bottom