New unit: Hellenistic/Roman Siege Tower

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi all!
Wow, this took a long time to do. But better late than never.

This is a modification/interpretation of a siege tower used by the romans and hellens (?) - and perhaps many other :)

This unit is not tested in game, so if any problems occur, don't hesitate to ask/comment/bash :)

Download from here

Here's the attack preview:

Attachments

• attackdemo.gif
    attackdemo.gif
    89.7 KB · Views: 8,105
Awesome. The Juggernnaut for my Hule Empire is finished. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One great unit!,
Two good points in previous posts:

First - Now you can get on to more ships (being the most
talented ship creator in the community!)

Second - the question of how to implement it into the game(?)

Perhaps a bombard unit, requiring iron,... but with a defensive
value in addition,... perhaps available with Invention...

Still not a clue who to give it to... I'm not really comfortable giving
it to the Romans, who already have a plethora of specialty units.

Ideas?

Originally posted by embryodead
:goodjob: It's good that you made it smaller. Now lets get back to speculating on how to implement it :hmm:

Put it at Construction, make it 0.0.1 5.1.1 costing 25 shields :D

Although it is a siege tower, it would have to come after catapults because it has a Catapult as part of its animation. But I'm sure it fits better in mods, than it does in the main game.

I wonder what the chances of a no Catapult version would be?

[q]Now lets get back to speculating on how to implement it [/q]

I find it quite funny, that I don't have the slightest idea :D

I would propably give this a/d/m 1/1/1, bombard 4 or 5, ROF 2 and cost a bit more than catapult.

Could this be upgraded to something that was used in a similar manner? A tank :lol:

Originally posted by embryodead
Now lets get back to speculating on how to implement it :hmm:
I hear the AI doesn't use land-transports, but I guess I could use it as a land-transport that has a super high-defence & defensive bombard -- allowing me to get my dudes into firing range of city walls, without fear of them getting picked off once they get there. Er, hang on, I can do that normally, can't I? Ach! Now I don't have an idea anymore.

Great unit, anyway, Aaglo! :D

awesoem :goodjob:

as a note, IMO, this would be best as a treb replacement, as a Roman Ballista will be on the way soon to repace the catapult ;) :)

Looks nice.

Thanks, I’m waiting for moths your unit.

I will use as: High defensive bombard unit. A/D/M 0/5/1. Bombard 4 /1/2
Appears with construction & needs iron

Upgrade?

Originally posted by aaglo

:lol:
We'll see what I can come up with.

your the awesomest Aaglo! :goodjob: :D

@Xen: What about Roman catapults? You could give the Romans a ballista and catapult, both with the same stats, they just look different. And yeah, this should replace the trebuchet.

because Ballistae were not the most useful weapon for seiges of real castles (timber forts and such yes, but against a castle, larger, stationary ballistae would have to be made, otherwise you would bassicalyl be limited to picking off the occasioanl trooper off the walls with a giant super=bow...) I wasthinking of having them as a defensive bombard unit

Top Bottom