New Unit: Hobbit

Kindred72

Vampire
My only complaint is that i couldn't show hairy feet. Otherwise, I'm happy.

Hobbit

Here's the victory animation for the little guy.

Attachments

• hobbitvictory.gif
    hobbitvictory.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 3,450
Whoops! I forgot to convert the pediaicons to 256 and pcx

It is below

Attachments

• hobbitpedia.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 742
Yeah, he's a little dark, but that's cuz of his clothes. I used the same lighting on him as my other units. If anyone wants to make a better hobbit/halfling character, I won't be offended.

Hum weird...is that his attack animation? Well if you ask me he reminds me of Bruce Lee, instead of a hobbit! :D
[The animation is good btw! ;)]

Well, If you read above the picture. It says that it is his victory animation. I thought it was a good animation so, i decided to post that one. It seemed fitting for a hobbit.

Ah I thought that its the attack animation! :) I should read the text, before I post.......:rolleyes:

I think you did a good job :) it looks like hobbit to me. the new version of them anyway ;) maybe the feet could be a little bigger but, that's just my constructive 2cent's :D
It's nice the way it is though :)

His feet are pretty big. everything is difficult to see in this unit cuz he's soo small. This was definitely my most difficult unit. sorry if it didn't come out that well. I won't be offended in the least if someone else wants to make more hobbits.

Hey COAtlantis, This is great, thanks very much. Can i leave it to you to come up with sounds for all my units. I'm really looking for some female warrior sounds.

posted by Bhiita:
"maybe the feet could be a little bigger"

sigh... in the books, hobbits do not have large feet. Their feet are leathery on the bottom and are covered in wooly hair.

This is another misinterpritation made by Pete Jackson and his crew when they made the movie. They could have saved a lot of money that went into large prosthetic feet and just used wigs. ;)

Anyway... I really like this unit, Kindred, especially his little happy victory hop. ;) Very hobbit-like indeed. This little guy would make a good militia unit for the Shire, such as used in the Battle of Bywater.

I think that I shall post my ideas for a LOTR mod in the main forum... maybe that will get the ball rolling. We need civs and a mod to go with all these awesome graphics.

Top Bottom