New Unit: Hospitaler Knight

BeBro

King of the Krauts

Attachments

• hospital1_vic.gif
    hospital1_vic.gif
    71.7 KB · Views: 6,226
Oh, and as always, the preview above is slower than the anim in game. Somehow my Photopaint can´t generate gif anims that play faster.....

However, here´s the pedia pic:

Attachments

• hospitaler_pedia.gif
    hospitaler_pedia.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 6,609
Wonderful unit, BeBro :love: Do You plan to create more flavour units for the medieval scenario in C3C ?

Beautiful unit! -- Whereas, until now, I had a minor wonder available to each medieval European Civ called "Crusading Order" to generate knights, it begins to make sense to limit things to two or three Major Wonders -- Hospitalers; Templars -- instead.

Many Thanks,

Oz

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Steph&Bangorash: I´m thinking about doing the variations for knights Winter suggested in the thread for the teutonic knight. Since my basic knight anims only need to be reworked for those variations the amount of work is not as big. I´ll release them then as unit pack (but as said, I´m slow these days;))

As for muslim mounted units I need to do research about them first (esp. pics), currently I have no idea how they should look.

BeBro,

I very seldom post at Unit Graphics anymore,
.....but I must say: This unit is excellent!

Thank you.

Regards

Rocoteh

I think an excellent muslim counterpart for this would be Kinboat's cataphract.

Thank you so much Bebro:thanx:

Originally posted by Ekmek
nice as always bebro. Is any one modding the C3C middle age scenario to incorporte your great units?
Well its gonna go right into the MEM;)

Originally posted by papajohns
mm..doesnt seem to have a civ color area...maybe make the red cover civ color?
There are some blue parts on the unit, which are usually the default civ colors that BeBro uses.

Besides, Hospitaler knights are unique for their red color, so can't make that a civ color.

Actually, I came accross a spelling of "hospitaler" as "hospitalier"... Which one you guys think is the correct one?

Originally posted by SpincruS
Actually, I came accross a spelling of "hospitaler" as "hospitalier"... Which one you guys think is the correct one?
Both.

Originally posted by SpincruS
There are some blue parts on the unit, which are usually the default civ colors that BeBro uses.

Besides, Hospitaler knights are unique for their red color, so can't make that a civ color.

papajohns, yep, SpincruS is right -- that was the main reason to make civ colors only those blue parts. They work quite good in game IMO. Since Hospitalers used either red clothes with white crosses, or black clothes with red crosses using civ colors for their clothes or the horse´s cover would not look correct when one civ uses anything else than red or black then.

Top Bottom