New unit idea. Japanese Kamikazi.

Corinthian

Something odd about this.
Has anyone tried to build one of these?
Basically it would be a cruise missile unit with a Zero fighter graphic. I think it would make a great Japanese UU.

mm..you would have to make carrier able to carry tactical missles to make em able to load em

While the concept is nice within the game, I shudder to think about building a unit that has no chance of return. For that very reason, I never seem to produce cruise missles when playing. The only 'one way' unit I will create are the two nukes, as using them has a much higher payoff.
Still, it is an interesting concept for those last ditch efforts at saving yourself that you sometimes run into.

mm..the problem with zero as cruise missiles is that we wont be able to intercept them.. :(

how about a zero, that behaves like a regular plane but, has the bombard action and, cruise missile ability that way it's a regular plane but when you really need it you can make it kamakazi with a nice and high bombard value.

mm...interesting..

if u check cruise missile tag, the unit destroys after attack doesnt it? or only after bombard.....

that idea might work..

I know this isn't quite what you want, but what I did in my mod was give Japan an 'advanced fighter' as its special unit. I think I read somewhere that only 18 Kamikazees ever attacked, so it doesn't seem to be an essential to being historically accurate -- and, with all you've said, might be hard to set up right.
I increased firing rate, gave it a larger operational range (from 4 to 6), brought up its offense but kept its defense at 2. Movement on 2, if that matters, up from 1. Haven't tried this all out yet since I can't set up my world for it to work the way I want.
Put shield cost at 7.
So, basically, cheap offensive air unit, but low enough defense that it's vulnerable if you don't come in high numbers. Sort of works out historically, I think.
Did some tweaking of America's unit, took away F-15 gave them B-17 (i'm not familiar with the right model of the US's best bomber of the era, sorry) -- but, basically, really great bomber -- big range, lots of bombard capability, good defense, can carry tacticals.

Top Bottom