1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New unit: Lego Warrior (1 July, 2016)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by ruby_sauce, Jul 1, 2016.

1. ruby_sauce

ruby_sauce Outside the box

Unit is game tested

A lego soldier!

previews:

runs at better speeds ingame:
    (default - fortify - attackA - attackB - victory - fortify - attackB - death - run)

its a lego dude, basically. I used to love lego's as a kid and finally got around to making this unit. I was surprised it didn't exist yet. It wasn't easy rigging this model and some parts of animation were quite hard to do or even impossible because the rigging didn't go perfectly, but I think it came out quite nicely.

the shirt is civ colored btw.

enjoy!

Download HERE

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Fun Unit ruby sauce... If you make many more Lego Units, they could make a Fun Game.

3. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

or maybe an update to the Playground Mod?

ruby_sauce, your personal mod must be way bizarro with all the oddities you've concocted over the years. And that's a compliment of the highest order.

4. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

So funny :) Love the little head falling off at the end (okay, that sounds very wrong somehow)

5. Jord Kells

Jord Kells Virgo

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Everything [about this unit] is awesome.

And that's all I have to say about that.

6. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

That's completely awesome! I love Lego. Someone made Lego terrain a while ago. Lego mod anyone?

7. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

So unfortunately we are probably not going to be keeping up with our tradition of releasing a new update of the Playground Mod coinciding with a new version of Civ release. :p The best that you are going to get is a graphics pack update replacing various units with better graphics or more fitting graphics developed after 2.0 was released, but don't count on it.

But this is fitting for the Playground Mod, yes.

8. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I'm sure there are people who customize the Playground Mod, just as happens with others. Wasn't hinting for a new version, just mentioning it as a home for the unit. No sense in trying to compete with EFZI for sequels, prequels, and reboots. :D

9. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Well, since I am due to re-upload 2.0 after AtomicGamer apparently went down a while back, I am tempted to implement those modifications while we are at it.

At this point it's just a matter of pride, since if I am going to reupload it anyways, I might as well do it properly, and clean things up a bit. I do regret that the Steam version of Civ3 has problems accessing the Scenario Editor for whatever reason.