New unit: Modern Cavalry 28/06/2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Can't you use the GIs from the pacific conquest? Sure they're more WIIish, but better than nothing....;)

BTW, I may come back to this later when I start making infantry units from Steph's request thread - however, as said, I'll not promise anything at the moment....

unscratchedfoot

War is a good thing.
BeBro said:
Can't you use the GIs from the pacific conquest? Sure they're more WIIish, but better than nothing....;)

I do use that. But I got 8 countries all needing at least 1 unique infantry each. They hunger for your creative power Bebro.

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Excellent work, BeBro, high quality as we've all come to expect from your work. I'm downloading this as soon as I get to a location where I can download and adding this to the Tweaked Out mod as a "Mounted Guerilla" unit. I think I'll make him available with the same tech as the Mech Infantry, and geive him the same stats as the TOW infantry, but with 3 movement (and a corresponding shield cost increase) and only require Horses to build. Make a good late-game unit for nations finding themselves lacking in oil.... Trust me, that HAS happened to me once. Here I am, Modern age, with the world's largest country, nuclear subs, but limited to Ironclads, galleons, Guerillas, Marines and Cavalry because I don't have a single drop of oil in my 1000+ square miles of desert and tundra. I ended up having to go to war just to get a source of oil before my forces became too outdated to hold up under invasion. :crazyeye:

So, let me thank you again for making this unit, especially since I was one of the people who requested it. :goodjob:

Yiannis

Warlord
It's super, I applied it immediately, but I have problem with its properties. In the beginning I put 12 attack,4 defence,4 moves, requires only horses, available with replacable parts, costs 100 shields. It was too unbalanced, too powerful, too fast, makes guerilla useless. In the second time I put 11 attack, 4 defence, 3 moves, requires horses and rubber, available with the same tech. It's still not good. Has anybody an idea for balanced properties? I believe that the best tech for this is replacable parts, however.

puglover

Disturber of Worldviews
This would be good for games when you can't get oil.

Yiannis

Warlord
puglover said:
This would be good for games when you can't get oil.
Hmmm... I guess it would be realistic, or not? In the whole of 20th century there was many wars for oil.

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
I use it as an alternate upgrade for Cavalry when a civ can't get any oil to upgrade it to some mobile infantry.

24.12.3. All terrains as road, blitz, detect invisible. Requires Horse. Cost 110.

Stats are x4.

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
Yiannis said:
Hmmm... I guess it would be realistic, or not? In the whole of 20th century there was many wars for oil.

... Not to mention the 21st ... :satan:

sourboy

Awakening...
Good unit, should be a nice addition to use with some of the old Soviet Republics & Latin American countries. I like the idea of the 'mounted guerilla' mentioned earlier.

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
sourboy said:
Good unit, should be a nice addition to use with some of the old Soviet Republics & Latin American countries. I like the idea of the 'mounted guerilla' mentioned earlier.
Hmm, does look a bit too high-tech for guerillas...

Kidsmart1981

Chieftain
Yiannis said:
It's super, I applied it immediately, but I have problem with its properties. In the beginning I put 12 attack,4 defence,4 moves, requires only horses, available with replacable parts, costs 100 shields. It was too unbalanced, too powerful, too fast, makes guerilla useless. In the second time I put 11 attack, 4 defence, 3 moves, requires horses and rubber, available with the same tech. It's still not good. Has anybody an idea for balanced properties? I believe that the best tech for this is replacable parts, however.
In My Mod...i put "him" to Industrial Tactic(a new tech add---after Replacable). He has attack 8, defence 5, cost 100, move 3, requires horse+ rubber==> him work fun in my game, he is best choice to assault city (defence by infantry) before tanks :D

Goldflash

Grumpy Old Man
I think he might mean Pedia Text? I know this has all the files you need to use it, as I REQUESTED IT.

Four years later, I'm still proud.

Top Bottom