New Unit - Moving Van (Modern Settler Unit)

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
This is the moving van unit that I have completed at the request of Kal-El.

It took a long time to make it, but it's FINALLY here!

EDIT: VERSION 2.00 COMPLETED:
- Reduced the size of the van
- Reduced the perspective of the van

Originally posted by OmniMower
This is not a negative critisism,
but does that van image have perspective?

/OmniMower

Unfortunately, yes it does
my 3d program makes it have that perspective
I tried to edit a little bit by hand, but it still looks that way

Originally posted by OmniMower
Ok, is it so in the animation to?
Yes. It's more noticable with this unit because of its box-like shape and large size.

With my next unit - the freight truck, I will work at it a bit more to make it less perspective-like.

I use Micrografx simply 3d 2.0
As far as I know there is no way to turn off the perspective. I wish there was.

Or it may be possible to load the model into another program and make the conversion that way. It may be importable into Moray, Povray or Gmax. I don't know, but I know those programs are free.

How does the van look next to a tank? When I first saw it, it looked a little bigger than I had expected.

Other than that and perspective, great job. Are you thinking of re-animating it in another prog to rid the perspective?

GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin
How does the van look next to a tank? When I first saw it, it looked a little bigger than I had expected.

Other than that and perspective, great job. Are you thinking of re-animating it in another prog to rid the perspective?

GIDustin

I think I will shrink the size a bit first, then edit the perspective by hand in paint. What do you think, Kal-El? Is this a top priority? If not I will finish the freight first. I know you have a deadline to meet.

For now I can use the Moving Van as is. If there is time after the freight is done I would love it if further development on this unit were to take place. :) Thanks for asking.

Originally posted by zulu9812
surely the van doesn't need to be 'to scale' when compare with a tank? After all, the Infantry isn't.

That's true. The ships and planes are not to scale with the rest of the units. Nevertheless, I still think it may be a little TOO large. The new truck looks pretty good in the game. Here's a shot:

Top Bottom