New unit pack: Pokemon Trainers (started Oct. 2nd, 2011)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
Units are game tested, unless noted otherwise

My first unit pack! This will consist of the pokemon trainer units that I make. Every trainer will have sounds included in the folder. The sounds I found online are I think from the actual anime, so they fit nice enough :).

Made the trainer resemble the trainers from the games and the anime a little, I think he looks cool enough to be a trainer. The vest and cap are civ colored.

NOTE about animations: The Run, Default and Fidget animations are the same for all trainers, so there will be a general preview of that first, and then the specific trainer animations will have a seperate preview. The Victory, fortify, death and attack animations are the same for the trainers, but NOT for the pokemon. I also choose not to actually kill the trainer or the pokemon, but rather have them bow their head in shame and let out a dissapointing sigh..

now on to the previews
NOTE: For all previews: the ingame speeds may vary, and they will look better ingame.
general animations:
(default - fidget - default - run x2)

just some generic moves. Felt like a fidget would be nice :) Now, onto the trainers:

Pikachu Trainer (2nd Oct. 2011)

(default - fortify - attack x2 - victory - fortify - attack - death)

Of course I start with a Pikachu trainer, everyone knows and loves Pikachu! Made a regular lightning attack. the shadow is gone in the actual unit.
Download Pikachu trainer HERE

Gengar Trainer (2nd Oct, 2011)

(default - fortify - attack x2 - victory - fortify - attack - death)

And for the second one, I made my favourite pokemon. Gave him a shadow ball attack.
Download Gengar trainer HERE

Ivysaur trainer (11th oct, 2011)

(fortify, attack x2, victory, fortify, attack, death)

gave him a razor leaf attack, improvised abit with the leaves coming from the plant on his back. Not that much visible ingame, but oh well.

download HERE

Last edited:
It's great ! I like the appearing/disappearing effect. The boning seems very well done, too.

During the Fortify/AttackA, perhaps you could make the trainer take a few step back, allowing more distance between him and the creature.

A very small point: It seems the lightning has a shadow. You should disable it and perhaps give it a higher Ambiant_Value.

It's great ! The boning seems very well done, too.

During the Fortify/AttackA, perhaps you could make the trainer take a few step back, allowing more distance between him and the creature.

A very small point: It seems the lightning have a shadow. You should disable it and perhaps give it a higher Ambiant_Value.

oh wow, I completely missed the shadow on the lightning O.o. I think its best if I go remove that, thanks for spotting it :p

also, the trainer is already a little bit back by default, wich allowed for the pokemon to exit the pokeball safely :p.

also, I didnt really think this through, but maybe I shouldve reserved some posts O.o. But I guess I could always just link to posts in my first post. Unless a mod can give me like 2 extra posts after my initial one :p

This reminds me of ten years ago. Pokemaaans. Man, I was pants-on-head crazy for the pokemans.

Then I realized that all it is is grinding. Forget that.

Excellent unit, sapphire_gravy.

how many are you going to make? there are millions aren't there?

there are I believe over 600 now, but I dont know all of them. I only know the first 251, and I wont make them all obviously. I will probably stick to the most well known ones, and the ones I like, and the ones that are doable. :)

These are very nicely done. I echo the point about the shadow of the lightning, especially the idea of turning up the Ambient setting on the lightning itself. It may also be a good idea to use a spotlight as well, to illuminate the rest of the unit when the lightning appears, to show that it is bright. Note that if you do that you must be careful to angle the spotlight so it is slightly pointing up, to ensure that the shadows on the floor are not affected.

I love you more than life itself. <3

well i have an ideaa - an owner throws a pokemon which throws a smaller pokemon which in turn also throws a tiny pokemon, but with a devastating effect....and when the small one shoul return back in the lamp he activates his own pokemon and trapps the others inside....kind of scary..hmmm? :hammer2:

well i have an ideaa - an owner throws a pokemon which throws a smaller pokemon which in turn also throws a tiny pokemon, but with a devastating effect....and when the small one shoul return back in the lamp he activates his own pokemon and trapps the others inside....kind of scary..hmmm? :hammer2:

I have no idea what it is you say. Ever.

just have a russion dolls unit: smallest one does the damage :lol:

anyway;
in game use for this unit:
trainer=army, allow up to 5-6(?) pokemon at a time

this way you may only need to animate each pokemon, instead of doing a trainer for each poemon
just a thought ;)

Top Bottom