NEW UNIT: Rakamat/Lava spider

Nice work. This could be good with several fantasy mods. My Diablo project comes to mind.

It's okay, I didn't notice the date until you mentioned it, I don't recall seeing this show up before, so it might be good that it was accidentally bumped. eh.

Stormrage said:
Um, Diablo project? I don`t think those a-holes over at blizzard are gonna let ya do it. :( ...

OMG, I bumped... how da heck did I manage to see Jan in TJ`s post, and then turn it into Jan 06, 2006??? :crazyeye: Sorry, guys
Actually there is a way around the A-Holes at Blizzard, which I have dealt with for years on modding. The trick is to use nothing form their games. Everything has to be done by fan based material, nothing they have copyrighted. Names of things in their games aren't truly copyrighted as they borrowed form everyone else. Thier concepts are far from original. Only thier artwork.

I would never discard it, and maybe sometime in the far future I will make an attempt at it. I have everything that Blizzard published ever for Diablo including the novels. It's the best game they ever put together and I'm not sure they will ever top it, short of Diablo 3. So I will keep it on my to-do list. ;) Although it might be done for Civ 4 by the time I get around to it. I still don't have Civ4 yet, I haven't had the time, as you know.

tjedge1 said:
Actually there is a way around the A-Holes at Blizzard, which I have dealt with for years on modding. The trick is to use nothing form their games. Everything has to be done by fan based material, nothing they have copyrighted. Names of things in their games aren't truly copyrighted as they borrowed form everyone else. Thier concepts are far from original. Only thier artwork.
That's what I've been saying about a Starcraft mod, but everyone is scared of Blizzard. :sad:

WOW warcraft, starcraft and diablo mods would be really cool - hope we'll see one this year :) (optimism overflow)

Since this thread was accidentally bumped, I should like to place those comments I missed when it came out.

I should have liked to see this in action in Warhammer, but it is already two spiders there. I love this one.

Is it used in any finished mod?

Top Bottom