New Unit - Rocket Cat - April 12, 2014

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
Requested by Blue Monkey, The Rocket Cat is a Strange and Unusual Unit that is set up for use as a Cruise Missile :lol:
Other than the Cruise Missile type animations, it also uses a Fortify and Fidget Animation as well.

Flc Speeds slightly differ in game from the .gif Previews
Default-Fidget-Fortify-Run-Attack-Bomb / Default All / Run All:

Included Files:
Alternate Civilopedia Images and Extra Images
Civilopedia: RocketCatLarge.pcx and RocketCatSmall.pcx
RocketCat_units_32.pcx
Animations: RocketCatDefault.flc, RocketCatRun.flc, RocketCatFortify.flc,
RocketCatFidget.flc, RocketCatAttack.flc and RocketCatBomb.flc
Sounds: RocketCatBomb.wav, RocketCatRun.wav, RocketCatFortify.wav and RocketCatFidget.wav
Adjusted .ini file

***You can Download the Zip File Here

Last edited:
:mad::mad::mad: omg y wud u do dat 2 the ppor kitteh???? IM GONNA GET AL MY PETA FREINDS 2 SPAM UR FAECBOK N SUE U 4 AMINAL KRUELTY!!1!!11!one :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously, great work as always... just how do you come up with this stuff??

Vuldacon, that is Fantastic!!!

Now, if I can find my image of the Russian Dog Mine, could you do something similar?

timerover51... The Dogs were like this:
http://warwriting.blogspot.com/2011/01/russian-war-dogs-sacrificed-to-attack.html
Would have to see about some props.

Yes, it was sad for the Dogs but they helped their Human Owners against Tanks.

Unfortunately for the Rocket Cat, Like the Dog Mine, there could be no escape for those animals when they performed their tasks.

Of course there was not really a Rocket Cat but the Dog Mines were real. In reality, I believe Cats were taken from the Enemy and used to carry packs of Gun Powder with a lit fuse back to their Enemy home areas where the charge would cause a Fire and or explode.

...Although Strange as it is, the Rocket Cat is more a Mythological Unit that represents animals being used against the Enemy.

...same principal as tossing a Hornet Nest on the Enemy in the days of old. "Anything goes" in War.

timerover51... The Dogs were like this:
http://warwriting.blogspot.com/2011/01/russian-war-dogs-sacrificed-to-attack.html
Would have to see about some props.

Yes, it was sad for the Dogs but they helped their Human Owners against Tanks.

Unfortunately for the Rocket Cat, Like the Dog Mine, there could be no escape for those animals when they performed their tasks.

Of course there was not really a Rocket Cat but the Dog Mines were real. In reality, I believe Cats were taken from the Enemy and used to carry packs of Gun Powder with a lit fuse back to their Enemy home areas where the charge would cause a Fire and or explode.

...Although Strange as it is, the Rocket Cat is more a Mythological Unit that represents animals being used against the Enemy.

...same principal as tossing a Hornet Nest on the Enemy in the days of old. "Anything goes" in War.

Hmm, on that subject, some of the pirates operating near Rhodes in the 3rd and 2nd Century BC developed the technique of using a small ballista to toss pottery jars full of poisonous snakes into an opposing galley's oarsmen, thoroughly disrupting the oarstroke and making it easier to either escape or successfully ram the now very distracted galley.

most unusual :eek:

Indeed! Both very well-done, and very different than the standard unit. I may have to have some Rocket-Boosted Scout Cats in my next game.

I thought the title said Rocket Cart at first.

Imagine my surprise to see a cat propelled by a rocket.

Some kitteh set us up the bomb.
All your box are belong to us.

I know not how I would use such a unit, but it, like the pimp, must be used some meow.

Awesome work!

But seriously, great work as always... just how do you come up with this stuff??
@Vuldacon: :bowdown: :lol: this is the perfect answer to a silly but funny request that was posted for april's fool: an awesome unit, perfectly modeled and animated :goodjob:
For anyone who missed it, the "request" thread was here.

There actually quite few weird units around - Deku Scrub, Kool-Aid Man, ... I wonder now if Vuldacon has something in mind for the Spunky Kid upgrade in EFZI: The Musical - shoulder-launched rocket cats?

Top Bottom