1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Unit: Saurus Standard Bearer (14th April, 2005)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by LMR, Apr 14, 2005.

1. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Hi all.

I made this unit intending for it to be used as a civ-specific army unit. But, i was told that it is not possible, and after some mucking around i came to the same conclusion.

So instead, i'm posting it as a Saurus Standard Bearer. Dunno how it could be used, but i like it, so i decided to share it with you all!

Saurus Standard Bearer

UPDATE: Vuldacon redid the pallette so it actually works as an Army :) Get the new animations here

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. [Ant]Wimp

[Ant]Wimp Chieftain

Indeed cant really find a place for this unit, but it sure looks good! Keep it up :)
    Its really a shame that civspecific armies dont work :(

3. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

Use it as a king unit? a flag? give it bombard effects and use as a magical standard?

Dont worry ill find a home for him.

Thanks. ps love your salamander.

4. Gomurr

Gomurr the Ancient

Excellent work, Salamander :) As for a use, perhaps units like this will finally spur the creation of some scenarios for the Warhammer Mod. In particular, I could see this unit being used in a 'Scales and Skulls' scenario, in which the central struggle between the Lizardmen and the undead of the Vampire Coast. Then you could have huge numbers be the advantage of the undead, while (small) armies be the advantage of the organized Lizardmen. Maybe have the Lizardmen as a bunch of different civs, each with one city, and a permanent alliance, to simulate how the Lizards operate on a city-state basis rather than as a unified nation. Hhmmm... if only I had time to mod. Anyways, if I had the time, I'd definately have a use for this unit in such a scenario, so don't think for a moment that your contribution is devoid of use! :)

5. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Thanks all. You can use it however you like. I'm just glad you guys like it!

And i like the idea of the 'Scales and Skulls' scenario. I might do it if i have the time, and if you don't mind Gomurr

6. Wolfhart

Wolfhart The Last in Line

I've tested the same thing. It seems it's not possible to use a Military Leader to create a civ-specific army unit; it transforms into the default army (the first in the unit list?).
    BUT when you build an army using the Military/War Academy improvement, it builds your civ-specific army unit!

7. Dark Russell

Dark Russell Octagonecologyst

You can also create a building that builds an army every X turns. I have a few of these in my game tied to specific resources on the board (which need to be in the cities radius). The AI even builds them and uses the armies.

8. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I think that the palette is still screwed up if you use it as an army, and i don't know how to fix it.

9. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

LizardmenRule!, here you go. Give this a try. I Converted all four of the Flcs to be able to be used as an Army. Only Embellished on the Standard (which you will see in Flicster or the game) and I kept all else as the same as you made them.
    The Zip has Default, Run Attack and Death Flcs and also enclosed the palettes so you could not have to generate them with Flicster just to look at them. Hope this is what you were looking for and it helps you.

Here is the Zip:

Attached Files:

10. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Thanks a lot, Vuldacon. They look good

11. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

I'm sure it could be used in scenarios, like king/princess and the like.
    Anyway, very good looking one. Hope someone will solve the problem so we can use it for armies at some point.

12. Frostyboy

Frostyboy Never Beaten

It's too bad it can't be swapped for the normal standard bearer, but if you make a lizard-only scenario with lots of swamps and jungle that will be really good to use