New Unit: Sloop

Orthanc

Shipwright
:clap: It's Finished! :clap:

For all those following the somewhat extensive preview thread I hope you finally are satisfied with the end result.

Thank you everyone who helped me punch out my first unit, you will not regret it! :thumbsup:

The zips contain absolutely everything needed for the unit, including a readme/tutorial for installing it.

Anyways, here they are:

Attachments

• Sloop1.zip
    466 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Sloop2.zip
    426.1 KB · Views: 870
I think I'll toss this into the GATTM right away There a sloop in it, one of aalgo's corsairs.. but thsi is a TRUE sloop.

EDIT:

Its Top Notch! I think some one Cloned aalgo!

Looks excellent. It IS really bright though. I think somebody may be able to adjust that though. Otherwise, really superb.

I'm pleased to see you said your first unit.... I'm eagerly awaiting your next project! :D

Looks Great for your 1st Unit! ...animations are well done :goodjob:
Suggestions for improvement: Edit the palette and make the unit Darker, especially the Yellows. Adjust the trailing water to subside as it goes rather than abruptly Blink out. The SW, S and SE directions for the Attack look as if the Guns are firing into the water, below the explosions, you could elevate the brighter firing spots for the Guns. The W, SW, SE and E directions for the Victory have the same thing happening as the Attack, which is the Guns look as if they are firing into the water...again, elevate the Bright spots for the Guns Firing. The Death could be a little slower and adding shadows as it sinks underwater would also be a nice touch...like aaglo's work.
...Hope this isn't being Too Critical because you have done a very Good job and these suggestions are meant to help not merely criticize.

About my next project, I have four ideas:

1) My own completely custom Corvette, basically just a bigger, trimmer Sloop with more sails and guns.
2) A Monitor, Monitors were slow but heavily armed vessels designed for defense.
3) My own invention, The Trident. A fictional, MASSIVE (I'm talking epic, even biblical) warship with like six masts, five insanely long cannon decks and a whole new meaning attached to the terms fore and aft castles.
4) The Titanic, with actual colours and a death animation that sinks her just like she did in April of 1912.

Eventually I'm going to finish all of these anyways, I'm just looking for suggestions on which one to go with first.

Yeah, me too.

About critiscm (if I can spell it right) it is always appreciated when constructive, so far everyone's done good at that. I might fix this sometime, but right now I want to get onto the next project so this'll take a bit of a back seat for a tad. However the good news is those edits wouldn't be very hard, although changing the palette wouldn't be my method of choice for darkening this thing. I'd like to point out however that the lights used are the same ones agloo suggested and uses (since I've seen his work on the actual POV-Ray files) so the brightness is probably mostly due to the textures and not lighting.

PS: Forgot to mention this before, but agloo you are a genius, seeing those POV-Ray files of yours was very humbling. If anyone else that knows POV-Ray well has seen them I'm sure they'll agree with me. Just thoguht I'd get that out.

Wonderful first unit man! I don't care about the brightness so much since this is your first, and I am sure you(or someone else) will take care of it in time. Stick with the master ship builder;) and keep it up:)

Ah... well, I am pleased you're staying in the naval area. We need more boat-builders :)

Actually... I myself am working on a boat at the moment... an aircraft carrier to be exact...

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
DPII...not you too! Wyrmshadow has made every Aircraft Carrier we could possibly want...unless of coarse...its a fictional future one...but still, please, I beg you, finish the Aztek Rifleman.....Its important

Knowing the Way DPII works he probably has.. or almost has... and will release like, 9 units in one day, much like he did on my Birthday :D :bday:

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
DPII...not you too! Wyrmshadow has made every Aircraft Carrier we could possibly want...unless of coarse...its a fictional future one...but still, please, I beg you, finish the Aztek Rifleman.....Its important

Actually, he hasn't... it isn't futuristic, but trust me, it's unlike any aircraft carrier any of us has ever seen... ;) It's a fictional one... a flavor unit... but I bet you won't be able to guess... :p

But that's still in dry dock at the moment. I am working on a number of things, most Carthaginian units right now... because I promised them a while back... even before I started work on the Aztec Rifleman. I should finish that soon too though, and I promise that once the Carthy units are done, the Aztec Rifleman is top priority.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Well I've made up my mind and I'm going to make the Trident, starting a few minutes after I finish this post.

After the Trident I'll probably go with the Corvette, since that's also in demand.

And for future notice I still have lots of other ideas for ships, maybe two mechs in the far horizon along with a redo of a fictional-futuristic battleship that I started work on a year ago and never finished for several reasons.

Stay Tuned!:thumbsup:

Orthanc said:
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Well I've made up my mind and I'm going to make the Trident, starting a few minutes after I finish this post.

After the Trident I'll probably go with the Corvette, since that's also in demand.

And for future notice I still have lots of other ideas for ships, maybe two mechs in the far horizon along with a redo of a fictional-futuristic battleship that I started work on a year ago and never finished for several reasons.

Stay Tuned!:thumbsup:

Woohoo! Trident, baby, Trident! Not only does it taste good, it cleans your teeth as you chew it!

Top Bottom