New Unit: Tecpacuauhtli (February 19, 2005)

:cool: Cool :) :cool:

joeskip said:
since we are on the subject of non-historic meso-american units, I think some cavalry units for the mayans, aztecs, and inca would be much appreciated by many people. I know these civs didn't have horses, but I don't think they had iron-working either, so lets not let that limit us. I for one would be satisfied with something like a jaguar warrior riding a horse as an aztec knight, or a chasqui scout riding a llama :lol: Great work over all Utahjazz and here's to more units of a similar nature :beer:
I completely agree that we need "knight" units and to a lesser extent "cavalry" units for the Mesoamerican and South American civs. I've been behind this idea for awhile now.

However, Chasqui Scout riding a llama = no. That would be very... wrong, considering that llama's are not riding beasts, and definitely not war mounts. It'd be more ridiculous than mule or donkey mounted troops. :p

what about a lama chariot? ^ ^;;;;
also knights dont have to ride anything. Knights are just relgious(usually) warriors at the top or near top of the social ladder. Thats why I use uthajazz's jaguar warrior(because its better and more realistic than civ3's) as the aztec replacement for the knight

@ master kodama
I was just joking about the llama

@ shirokobbure
I agree that a knight does not neccessarily = a mounted unit, but I generally prefer mounted units for units with higher movement ratings.

Top Bottom