1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Unit: Tesla Tank, Comrade (12 OCT 04)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Hikaro Takayama, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama a.k.a Laura

Ever wanted to "Shock" and Awe the opposition? Ever wanted to crush the evil capitalist swine in the name of Mother Russia? Ever wanted a tank that was "all that and a bottle of vodka"?

Well, my friend this is the tank for you. Sporting it's twin Telsa Coil emitters, each of which deliver a nice, crispy 1.8 gigavolts to the target, as well as not one but two twin mounted 40mm side cannons (in case you accidentally blow a fuse). All of this is mounted on a chassis with two 12 cylinder diesel engines that propel this monstrosity at speeds of up to 50 MpH (90 KpH) and generate enough electricity to charge the two 1 farad capacitors that power the tesla array. The best part is that you can have it for the low-low price of 100 billion rubles!

Anyways, Spetsnaz requested this unit for the CFC user's mod, so I decided to do it (I needed a break from all the FF units I was doing anyways). Other purposes this could be used for is a second/alternate UU for Russia (replaces the Modern Armor, but requires Superconductor tech and give it increased attack). It could also be used as one of the units in the Red Alert mod that some people were discussing earlier.

Before I wrap this up, I'd like to thank Muffins for making his Shadowsword tank model publicly available, since the I used that particular model for the main body of this tank, all I did was remove the laser cannon and the original mount for the laser cannon, modify the side cannons, make a new mount and the tesla coil turret, and re-texture most of the model and animate it.

Updated, thanks to Muffins. Now you can download the unit in one easy zip file.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/TeslaTank.zip

2. Hikaro Takayama

Here's the fully animated preview. BTW, the files above include all the sounds and civilopedia icons and the units_32 icon.

order of animations is: fidget/fortify, run, attack A, Attack B, Attack C, Victory, and Death

Attached Files:

3. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Yeah buddy! What is next?

4. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

Cool... :D

5. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

6. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

This tank just has to have one of the coolest attacks I've seen :D

Nice job! :goodjob:

7. Snorken

Snorken Chieftain

Faaar out man! :)

8. Barret

Barret Chieftain

Very nice indeed. :)

9. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

You betcha! :lol:

The tank looks spectacular! I usually can't tell one tank made from another, and therefore don't take much interest in them... but this is easily one of the best tanks, heck, best units I have ever seen :thumbsup:
    It truly is unique, and for me is a must use. Great job!

10. spincrus

spincrus sol invictus...

Very cool :)

11. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

I usually don't like your units at all. This is an exception. Thanks and great work.

Now, where to use it... perhaps the Zulu could use a second unique unit...

12. Hikaro Takayama

Wow, I'm overwhealmed by the responses. I'm glad this unit is so popular with you guys.

My next project will be revealed soon enough. Also, I'll be updating my post in the "MOD Creators Availability List" with my next several projects (in approximate order)

I'm framing that one and hanging it up on the wall of my den! :D

Thanks, and even more so, thanks for making your Shadow Sword model available. It would have taken me much longer to do this project without that.

Thanks, so anybody else still working on stuff for the CFC users' mod? I hope that this at least generated some more interest/support for the somewhat lagging mod.

Well, I'm glad you like at least one of my hard-worked projects, but.... the Zulu (my least favorite civ, BTW)? I'm using this bad boy for the Russians, comrade. :) Teach those Zulu backstabbers never to Impi rush me again :evil:

13. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Chieftain

sweeeet :p

14. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

I don't usually download modern units, but this one was too awesome to pass-up!

15. Hikaro Takayama

Thanks I'm really glad you like it. I may consider doing a whole series of "Bond type" units (i.e. wacky, but plausible near-future units). I've just realized that I've actually made 6 units thus far, and I don't have a single normal "real-life" unit among them. But then again, I figure that there's enough RL units to fill 50 mods, so I don't feel a need to contribute to the total. I like the wierder fantasy/hypothetical units. I mean, theoretically, a Tesla tank is possible, but it would require advances that yield better capacitors and superconductor materials for it to really be feasible.

16. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

how do i install this mod. and can i use it in civ conquests

nm i got it

17. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain

Love the Attack...Looks like it will Melt through just about anything ...you have done a Great Job :goodjob:

18. faizy999

faizy999 Chieftain

Great job ! first i thick u copy the design from red alert 2 tesla tank but its different.
    after all nice animations..

19. Kozmos

Kozmos Deep State shill

I would prefer that it fires lightning.

20. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

That's great buddy. I would prefere it fires 100 dollar bills, but as you can see by the thread title it was made a month and a half ago, so it seems pretty moot at this point. Don't revive old posts soley to share your opinion on lightning guns.