new unit: Zaken (mar 11, 2008)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
the raid boss Zaken, from Lineage 2

unit is game tested

previews:

(run - default - fortify - attackC - attackA - attackB - victory - fortify - attackB - death)

In the death, he dissapears, because thats what he does in the game, too. he does a step backwards before dissapearing if you couldn't notice :p

attacks are named in the order in wich they were made, but I thought this order suited better. feel free to play around with it yourself >_<. remember to also edit the sounds when you do.

for those who know him, suit isn't exactly it, this is the closest I could get...

he is supposed to be a pirate... an undead pirate O_o.

oh well, ENJOY!

download HERE

Last edited:
So, I saw the title.. Zaken. And thought to myself, WTF is a Zaken?
That's exactly what I thought too :lol:
As fir the unit... he seems a little shy in the attack: small moves, little footsteps... maybe he's afraid of getting cut by one of all these swords ;)

That's exactly what I thought too :lol:
As fir the unit... he seems a little shy in the attack: small moves, little footsteps... maybe he's afraid of getting cut by one of all these swords ;)
He's a boss; he's not used to actually having to fight.:p

yeah well, he mainly lets his swords do the work ^.^

but yeah, I didn't really want to let anything get of-screen, as the 100*100 frame seems nice for this kind of unit. also, this is the first swordsman unit i did >_<

So, I saw the title.. Zaken. And thought to myself, WTF is a Zaken? Then I thought, must be one of ruby`s units :D

Looks great!

yeah, well, couldn't really find a generic name, so I just took his actual name :p

Flippin' heck! You know the sources behind some pretty innovative units!

:thumbsup:

Looks great. Really crazy with all those swords, but would be a fun unit to use. Good job.:goodjob:

I love it. :D Your units would make perfect easter eggs...

I should make an easter bunny unit...

though I don't know how to make bunnies with correct movement and skeletons and stuff :p

I'll just stick to what I CAN do... like this unit :p

So what's his recommended attack/defense values?
With all those swords, he must be in the stratosphere!
Nice work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9jaOBvDYA&feature=related

Zaken is an undead Pirate King located in the Pirat Isle south of Giran, he is a level 60 EPIC Boss, in Lineage II, defended by an army of undead pirates.

EPIC Bosses in lineage II are almighty which means basicly that most of them requieres an army to be beaten, Zaken is madeable by about 40 people, while bosses such as antharas early game cannot be beaten unless handed over by around 120 people+

hm, I play on another server

where zaken can be beaten with 1 titan, 1 bishop and 1 warcryer

and I see vids on internet with alot of noobie chars, while titabns will doo fine. can you explain why noone uses titans in those vids?

hm, I play on another server

where zaken can be beaten with 1 titan, 1 bishop and 1 warcryer

and I see vids on internet with alot of noobie chars, while titabns will doo fine. can you explain why noone uses titans in those vids?

Because highrate=/=lowrate, you will never EVER kill zaken with titans on a lowrate, you need 2 parties of 6x SH's supported with 2 tanks, to block zaken off, since he ports out people around hes ship, and 1 tank just wont do, while he . .. .. .. .ing runs around ALOT, so its impossible to . .. .. .. . him up with frenzy, cus` even with maxed out p.attack hes dps is still lower then any SH [for newbies - DPS= Damage Per Second]

But whatever, if your killing him with 1 titan, 1 bishop and 1 warcryer somethings DEFINITELY wrong >.> or its just some kind of a x500 serv or whatever

hm

yeah I just don't like retail, I play on a x30 server now...

oh well...

Top Bottom