New Units: 4 Spiders (September 24, 2004)

GeneralX said:
I haven't been able to sleep without first checking under the bed (or the toilet seat).
My first suggestion would be to stop sleeping on the toilet... man, I hate waking up with that ring imprinted on my @$$. :p

Hikaro Takayama said:
Well, Civ II Test of Time (which, BTW has animated units) had a gaint Scorpion with a rider in its Sci-Fi variant. If I could figure out how to convert the .SPR files into Civ III FLC's, I'd do just that.
Yes please do that, that would be awesome. I could use the scorpion too!

I've fixed the walk animations for the last three and posted the zip in the first post. Basicly I got the leg movement switched around when I was copying it from the first to the second and then never realized it for the other two.

Goldflash said:
What wil lcrawl out of the Kinboat Warfactory next?

it may be something that flies... ;)

I like your current avatar and title nameless53...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Originally Posted by nameless53 said:
it may be something that flies... ;)
How do you know that? Have you had a private chat with kinboat or something? Did you request something and he accepted? Are you just guessing?

Hikaro Takayama said:
Well, Civ II Test of Time (which, BTW has animated units) had a gaint Scorpion with a rider in its Sci-Fi variant. If I could figure out how to convert the .SPR files into Civ III FLC's, I'd do just that.
subbss said:
Yes please do that, that would be awesome. I could use the scorpion too!
I could use that scorpion as well or even a Manscorpion.

I could use that scorpion as well or even a Manscorpion.

Well, if soneone would be so kind as to point me to where I can find a Test of Time .SPR file editor, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

I just saw the wolfspider in game for the first time yesterday... completely amazing (In fact it puts to shame many other units used alongside it). Plus it was doubly great after changing the bararians to a more aggressive type thanks to the recent discoveries about them as described in the conquests forum.

Creepy! :D

Great work Kinboat! :thumbsup:

subbss said:
I like your current avatar and title nameless53...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How do you know that? Have you had a private chat with kinboat or something? Did you request something and he accepted? Are you just guessing?
both A and B.
I di private chat and had a request accepted.

Wow... I hate them!!! (what means they are so good!)
But, for the next time, why don't you use another kind of insect, for example a nice butterfly??? Its attack could be... trap you into a cocoon of silk..
Anyway, these spiders are excellent, for those who like them...
I think i am going to download them, just to build a wild earth with dozens of those monsters ... hehehe.
Good work ;)

Working on it microbe. I intend to use all 4 of them. Can't say soon though, still much to do.

microbe said:
Great units! I hope a mod using this would come up soon. :)
My mod, "Animal Wars: Pet and Pest" will be using all of these units although it may not be finished very soon.

Speaking of microbe... a microbe unit would be interesting
Yeah I would love to have a microbe unit too! I need one badly. Although technically you should'nt be able to see anything, for a civ unit maybe a green slime on the ground would represent it well. It would also be pretty easy to create as a unit.

Top Bottom