New Units??

nokmirt

Emperor
There are 9 new civs and 27 new units. I am assuming that means 9 UUs. What about the other 18, any ideas what those could be? I know about the privateer for sure, a biplane, triplane (supposedly), landship tank, and machine gun. So that leaves 13 left. Any ideas what they might be?

There are probably more than 9 UU's; possibly as many as half of the civ's could have a second UU instead of a UB. And we do know about Celtic Pict Warrior.

Units that have been hinted at:

Great Admiral: mentioned in the German article.
Great Prophet: probably a unit, but not necessarily.
Spy: probably a unit, but not necessarily.
Missionary: probably a unit, but not necessarily.

More speculative units:

Since the Machine Gun is a ranged unit, it makes have to include a Renaissance ranged unit like a Grenadier to allow an upgrade path from Crossbows. And maybe something Modern like a mortar team.

Expect a dedicated Ancient/Classical era ramming unit like the Trireme (possibly with a different unit like a Galley being the ranged version). Perhaps a ramming/boarding Renaissance unit like a Galleasse.

Quinquereme.

Quinquereme.

I could not help but notice that your mod for CiV looks very interesting. I would imagine you could create a real good Medieval mod as well, perhaps something that goes from 500 AD to 1415 AD or around there. Certainly dealing with the crusades at least.

On topic I would love to see a gallease and a quinquereme.

I could not help but notice that your mod for CiV looks very interesting. I would imagine you could create a real good Medieval mod as well, perhaps something that goes from 500 AD to 1415 AD or around there. Certainly dealing with the crusades at least.

Not medieval, but I am working on something right now that's post Ancient-era. New mod, new scenario. Not much more I can say, because it might not be finished. :(

And yes, I can create a Medieval mod. But creating a tech tree for that time period is a nightmare.

It was mentioned somewhere that there is no spy unit. The espionage will all happen through menus like the one in the screenshot.

Not medieval, but I am working on something right now that's post Ancient-era. New mod, new scenario. Not much more I can say, because it might not be finished. :(

And yes, I can create a Medieval mod. But creating a tech tree for that time period is a nightmare.

Well I cannot wait to see what it is. Thanks for the heads up.

If you look at the screenshots, flight lets you build 2 air units. Judging by the icons I´d say they are WWI era fighter(single engine triplane) and bomber(twin engine biplane)

The IGN preview mentioned buying faith-based units with faith. So maybe Templars or Shaolin Monks?

That would be so awesome...

Anyone else feel like a holy war in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

27 new units, lets say that new Civilizations get all one UU each plus half of them second one.

That leaves about 14 new units. I don't think new Great persons count as units, missinary probably does. Also, someone has been talking about mercenaries, has this been confirmed somewhere?

Confirmed are:
Missionary
Privateer
Landship (the early tank)
Machinegun
Biplane fighter
Biplane bomber. That leaves about eight units, my speculation is

Early unit, like javelin thrower
New ship
Crusader (some religious buildings grant new units)
Another religious holy warrior
Grenadier
Trench infantry (Infantry has new graphs in screenshots, maybe old graph goes to new unit)
Mortar type unit
Marine
Guerilla

My speculation only ;)

Ah, well confirmed enough. ;) 'Confirmed' for me is probably just something that isn't speculation. I thought I'd seen the Prophet mentioned somewhere, but I couldn't remember where.

So like a great scientist (when you can choose between a golden age, a tech or a tile improvement), the great prophet would give you the options of a golden age, a religion advancement or a tile improvement?

Would love a Dreadnought unit would give me hope of a longer Industrial age, but I highly doubt such a unit is one of the "new" units.

As far I understood, there will be (new) melee naval units and ranged. So I think, the melee naval units may count into the "new units".

The IGN preview mentioned buying faith-based units with faith. So maybe Templars or Shaolin Monks?

I hope there is Inquisitor type of unit to remove a religion from any city (own, CS or AI). Alternatively Missionary unit would be able to do that (perhaps promoted). That would give interesting twist to religious "fights" (most spread religion) and would make possible to keep ones cities clean from any other competing religions. Possibility to develop idea further with a new GP unit Grand Inquisitor.

I hope there is Inquisitor type of unit to remove a religion from any city (own, CS or AI). Alternatively Missionary unit would be able to do that (perhaps promoted). That would give interesting twist to religious "fights" (most spread religion) and would make possible to keep ones cities clean from any other competing religions. Possibility to develop idea further with a new GP unit Grand Inquisitor.

I hope there can be only one religion per city.

Top Bottom