[UNIT] New Units

ChukyVega

Chieftain
I guys, i'm not a peofessional doing mods, I'm just a fan of your mod and I've been playing it for years. On this occasion I gave myself the task of experimenting with some units. Especially the U.N. Including:

UN Peacekeeper;
UN Peacekeeper IFV;
UN APC;
UN Transport Airplane;
UN Transport Helicopter;
UN Motorized Infantry;
UN Diplomat (not finish).

And an air unit:

F5-E (in this case is treated that to get this unit depends on the culture, ie north american, asian, african, etc. but is not successful, is available for all civs).

Now I am working with more than 100 different units.

I would like to know your opinion, and functionality at stake. I myself have proved them and save the case of UN diplomat they work. Not extensively proven in play.

Sorry for my english, Greetings.

Attachments

• F5-E.rar
    314 KB · Views: 242
  • UN APC.rar
    84.4 KB · Views: 218
  • UN Diplomat.rar
    245.9 KB · Views: 221
  • UN Motorized Infantry.rar
    121.8 KB · Views: 240
  • UN Peacekeeper IFV.rar
    105.9 KB · Views: 224
  • UN Transport Airplane.rar
    235.3 KB · Views: 240
  • UN Transport Helicopter.rar
    71.7 KB · Views: 216
  • UNPeaceKeeper.rar
    130.9 KB · Views: 234
I would imagine ThunderBrd, Toffer, and Sparth would be interested in checking your work.

And Thanks for being a long time C2C fan/player. :)

JosEPh

I'll definitely be interested in taking a deeper look at them.

Can you explain your approach to their design and their intent?

The F5-E aims to become a low-cost and intermediate range 10 interceptor (F14 is about 10% more expensive and with more range12 I think).

My attempt with the F5-E to make it regional, and I explain, that it can be built by the civilizations of North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East and to be able to make other units and airplanes of different regions instead of relying on cultural bonuses Such as "american", "soviet" or "mexican".

In the case of the U.N. Units pretend to serve to intervene or defend the allies without declaring war. I know that it was tried before in the mod but I try to see if I can make them work, this because I have not seen that another person is working on it.

In the case of the U.N. Units pretend to serve to intervene or defend the allies without declaring war. I know that it was tried before in the mod but I try to see if I can make them work, this because I have not seen that another person is working on it.
This was what I was wondering, if you were trying to re-generate the old UN units we used to have in earlier AND manifestations. (I'm impressed you remember that far back!)

So I'm curious what tags you've used to give them this 'semi-neutrality'. I know I've given some unique new ways for this to maybe work although I haven't determined if it is working exactly how the UN was supposed to (not that they worked as planned originally which is why they were removed.)

This was what I was wondering, if you were trying to re-generate the old UN units we used to have in earlier AND manifestations. (I'm impressed you remember that far back!)

So I'm curious what tags you've used to give them this 'semi-neutrality'. I know I've given some unique new ways for this to maybe work although I haven't determined if it is working exactly how the UN was supposed to (not that they worked as planned originally which is why they were removed.)

Actually, I'm just using the tag? "<bHiddenNationality> 1 </ bHiddenNationality>" I'm still testing.
On the other hand I am doing an experiment on creating a modern reconnaissance unit (in the test phase) it is a mixture of "scout" and "modern infantry" with paradrop avilities.
I leave it here in case you want to try it.

Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

By the way for the unit i'm using "los_marinos" button from the module "My_Mods" (just for testing proposes). :shifty:

Also strat testing a CH-47 unit for fast insertion propuses in moder warfare.

Attachments

• Recon_Squad.rar
    99.8 KB · Views: 200
Unfortunately bHiddenNationality means "Everyone, please attack this unit" except for the owner of course.

Do we have the ability to say this unit is an ally nation y? Who can say this? Or are we going to have a new NPC group called UN (or EU or UA or other) where member nations can loan units and task forces to it for a given mission/period?

Unfortunately bHiddenNationality means "Everyone, please attack this unit" except for the owner of course.

Do we have the ability to say this unit is an ally nation y? Who can say this? Or are we going to have a new NPC group called UN (or EU or UA or other) where member nations can loan units and task forces to it for a given mission/period?
The thing is, it needs to be attackable or what use is it? You might be able to make bHiddenNationality without bAlwaysHostile, maybe bDefenseOnly and bBlendwithCity work. (Find the closest matches to those terms as written in the schema - I could be stating any of them slightly incorrectly)

Truth is, to do this right it's probably going to require some very interesting programming where you still control your own UN dedicated units but they specially only consider an enemy the units of normal enemy NPC units like barbs OR any nation that has been voted an enemy of the world by a new UN resolution. I've not done enough with resolutions to know how to do this - but it is a cool concept.

Last edited:
Who said it will not be attackable? However it should not be being attacked by its allies. The AI will always attack a hidden nationality unit if it has the chance of winning.

Who said it will not be attackable? However it should not be being attacked by its allies. The AI will always attack a hidden nationality unit if it has the chance of winning.
Without HN it can't be attacked. With it everyone attacks it. We don't have something in between.

Without HN it can't be attacked. With it everyone attacks it. We don't have something in between.
Would be interesting to implement the possibility for units from team X to be regarded by other teams as belonging to team Y even though team X controls the unit.
Dunno if it's possible, but it's an interesting idea.

I've been playing ROM:AND, I just recently stumbled across Caveman2Cosmos, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the depth you and the team haev put into this mod. I always liked playing strategy games where the player has more tools to resolve issues (and interact) without calling war. I used UN units quite a bit in ROM:AND

I notice that in the "C2C Concepts" page, it says that the UN Peacekeeper Forces mod and the "Holy War" mod should be in the "Unloaded Mods" folder in the C2C Assets directory, but I don't see them. I've been searching for these two mods, but I can't seem to find them anywhere in the modpack, or on the modmods forums :(

Are they gone indefinitely? Is there a way I can find these mod packs?

I've been playing ROM:AND, I just recently stumbled across Caveman2Cosmos, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the depth you and the team haev put into this mod. I always liked playing strategy games where the player has more tools to resolve issues (and interact) without calling war. I used UN units quite a bit in ROM:AND

I notice that in the "C2C Concepts" page, it says that the UN Peacekeeper Forces mod and the "Holy War" mod should be in the "Unloaded Mods" folder in the C2C Assets directory, but I don't see them. I've been searching for these two mods, but I can't seem to find them anywhere in the modpack, or on the modmods forums :(

Are they gone indefinitely? Is there a way I can find these mod packs?
UN are gone temporarily. When we work out a way to use them properly they will be back.

Holy Wars just does not have the art for any but Christian units and a few Muslim units. Where are the Fundamentalist Buddhist Monks of Japan (their name for themselves) and so on. It was basically removed because only Christians could fight such wars.

An idea I had after a while of toying with them was, the leader of the United Nations puts in a bill to sanction military peacekeeping intervention against a nation that's at war. If it's passed, all members of the United Nations may build UN units, and can only attack/defend against said nation. The AI would have a bias to voting yes against nations with a large military or city count. I'm not very well versed with Civ 4 scripting, but would this be possible?

You're right, it really didn't add much else to the other religions. It's clear that the mod maker didn't have a firm understanding (or was just not interested) in the crusades, as he left out other very notable Orders such as the Order of the Knights of Malta, but I'm a fan of anything that encourages unique interaction with players above "i want your provinces". It'd be cool if the mod did something special, like add in a religious committee system for fundamentalists, or allow for crusades where everyone involved receives aid from the theocrat calling for it. I don't know if this is scriptable.

An idea I had after a while of toying with them was, the leader of the United Nations puts in a bill to sanction military peacekeeping intervention against a nation that's at war. If it's passed, all members of the United Nations may build UN units, and can only attack/defend against said nation. The AI would have a bias to voting yes against nations with a large military or city count. I'm not very well versed with Civ 4 scripting, but would this be possible?

You're right, it really didn't add much else to the other religions. It's clear that the mod maker didn't have a firm understanding (or was just not interested) in the crusades, as he left out other very notable Orders such as the Order of the Knights of Malta, but I'm a fan of anything that encourages unique interaction with players above "i want your provinces". It'd be cool if the mod did something special, like add in a religious committee system for fundamentalists, or allow for crusades where everyone involved receives aid from the theocrat calling for it. I don't know if this is scriptable.
Suffice it to say it would not be a light modding project.

Top Bottom