New Venture Beat Article 5/10/12

WOOO Prophet improvement!!!! Also more reasons to build Scouts early for Faith bonus from ruins.

Bit dissapointed by what I'm seing from the Smoky Skies scenario. They've had so long to do this, and they're reusing icons, colours and city lists. I believe SE of the city is definately an airship, seperation from the shadow

I know there are going to be new ships, but did we know there was going to be one at Navigation?

"It still takes time for the computer to resolve battles and move through turns, but it is faster than the base game is now. That is an important improvement because I used to get a little pang of boredom each time that I hit the turn button. I almost felt like I could get up and get a snack and then come back."

This is awesome, and something nobody else has mentioned, as far as I know. I was hoping for a snappier, faster turn time, and it looks like it may actually happen!

"It still takes time for the computer to resolve battles and move through turns, but it is faster than the base game is now. That is an important improvement because I used to get a little pang of boredom each time that I hit the turn button. I almost felt like I could get up and get a snack and then come back."

This is awesome, and something nobody else has mentioned, as far as I know. I was hoping for a snappier, faster turn time, and it looks like it may actually happen!

some optimization will be very very nice to get. But we'll never get to a point where there's no timed break between turns, given that the AI does actually need some time to think.

The military units now include World War I-era tanks, planes, machine gunners, and artillery

Does this confirm a new artillery unit, or does it just mean that the previewer is mistaken? To my knowledge, there's been no mention of a new arty unit, but it would be welcome. However, he did demonstrate that he's not familiar with all the nuances of the game, so it's possible that he made a mistake, and he's just referring the the arty we already have in-game. Thoughts?

Most of the work for the scenario was prolly done on Into the Renaissance.
Smoky Skies's scenario map doesn't look too interesting, just a bunch of islands

The artillary we already have seems pretty WW1 style already I think. He probably got a little carried away.

Most of the work for the scenario was prolly done on Into the Renaissance.
Smoky Skies's scenario map doesn't look too interesting, just a bunch of islands

all new units, not just renamed versions of current ones, plus a completely different win style? That takes some effort.

The map *is* likely just a random one though, since that one doesn't look like anything iRL.

Oh hey, GPs have a terrain improvement! I remember there was questions as to whether they'd have an ability like that.

Top Bottom