1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - 1.3.4 (December 27, 2021)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Recursive, Dec 23, 2021.

1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Irreligious?

I agree that atheism has a bad habit of claiming the neutral territory, and is a misnomer for people who don’t have deeply held religious identities. It sometimes seems like atheists will simply dismiss agnosticism and the spiritual-but-not-religious as atheists with extra steps.​

Closed Sky likes this.
  2. Closed Sky

Closed Sky Chieftain

It would also be anachronism to call anyone atheist before industrial era:
    The term denoted a social category created by orthodox religionists into which those who did not share their religious beliefs were placed.[14] The actual term atheism emerged first in the 16th century.[15] With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves using the word atheist lived in the 18th century during the Age of Enlightenment.
    Not to mention they will forget their atheism to passive pressure.

balparmak likes this.
  3. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Note that pressure towards NO_RELIGION can never be removed by any means. It is unaffected by Great Prophets, Inquisitors, and Missionaries with pressure erosion. This generally means that there will always be at least one population without a religion in a given city unless a huge amount of effort is spent on adding religious pressure.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  4. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

Building does get constructed properly and the next item gets one turn of production, so in this case everything functions properly. I was thinking more about the case when building would cost more than 4 turns of production. It was not a late investment, and I started to build this building on turn 186, immediately invested it.
    I think it's not a big deal, because it's affects only NW, and I build those only in capital, so production times wouldn't be more than 4.
    I checked case with WW and investing those works fine, production cost get discount 25% and stays still.

balparmak likes this.
  5. Closed Sky

Closed Sky Chieftain

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Now I’m convinced there’s something hugely wrong and reversing to last version. I’ve never seen a city state with more than one resource, not to mention proximity. This is communitas map that was working before. Who had any problems with resource placement and civilopedia anyway? I’ve never seen any one bringing this issue before it was changed right now. It was probably outdated for years and it was perfectly fine for all VP players so I would change it the other way, updating entries if anyone need it.

Moreover, using only Alternative Difficulty Mod v10 in addition to base VP, it doesn't work.

6. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Skidizzle likes this.
  7. Closed Sky

Closed Sky Chieftain

But it's not a bug, it's intended. And no other users report this so it's working how it should I assume? Recursive did job right, it is some mapscripts breaking at new AssignStartingPlots.lua. That the AssignStartingPlots.lua shouldn't had been touched is just my opinion, not a bug either.

I hadn't seen any discussion about if resources need any update but maybe I missed it. I play VP since 2018 and I don't remember ever luxes changing resources apart from recently allowing horses on flood plains , stone on hills and lake fish, which was fun.

8. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Just because changes were made to AssignStartPlots.lua, doesn't mean all of the changes had effects that were intentional.

@azum4roll can correct me, but the only thing that was supposed to change was that resources correctly spawn on the tiles that Civilopedia states that they spawn on.

Try making a game on a default Civ map: eg Continents.

9. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I agree that non-religious or irreligious are excellent generic terms to use in-game!
    Atheism as a historical or philosophical subject is not a good representation of what people who identify as atheist believe. It's much broader than what that general definition mentions, and nobody likes to be generalised about :). I personally quite like agnosticism and non-religious spirituality.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    CppMaster likes this.
  10. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Lake fish has never existed. If you've seen one you're clearly using some other mods/mapscripts.

11. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Is there a problem with the download as says unable to connect. Thought it might be a conflict with Norton but have no trouble downloading previous version.

12. looorg

looorg Prince

No. I just tried. It's just google being google. It's slow as hell. First it tries desperately to preview the file, and fails. Then it keep trying and trying to do some virus check only to come to the conclusion that the file is to large and then it eventually moves you to the screen when you can download it at you own risk. Seriously how hard is it to check file size first before trying to run the check?

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1AJm5e5xuBfBmFstDD_MAD2MnRzs5TOaH&export=download

Try going there directly instead of having to wait at the fist screen, instead you have to wait at this screen but at least it should be after the failed virus scan and the preview that never happens.

13. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Tried it again same result. Werdly, the version 1.3.1 downloads perfectly without any problem & started a game with that. Have no idea why this version is so problematic. Anyhow, it doesn't seem like I am missing to much.

Does anyone know why the database for all the previous versions in the install thread is gone. Only seem to be able to download the newest version, unless you go into previous threads.

Thanks for your help.

14. Closed Sky

Closed Sky Chieftain

https://mega.nz/folder/RsVEADRY#NauL_a2fWwSAPGJSDM-Umw/folder/J1sCSbBR

Could use a stick somewhere I guess. I could download 1.3.4 without any issues from opening post.

15. Rosete

Rosete Chieftain

England's Sotl still starts with indomitable, giving them logistics right away. Reading through the balancing threads on England, I was under the impression that Sotl had indomitable removed for splash I & II. Did the changes never go through?

16. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

That's only in my mod and maybe some other tweak mods.

17. Mambo668

Mambo668 Chieftain

Starting with silver monopoly in this version is bugged. Russia spawned with 0 silver near capital(plains area) and 4 silver nearby in the tundra instead of 8. Silver can only be spawned on tundra and desert in this version. This is probabbly reason for that.

18. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Do you have a savegame that shows this, @Mambo668? If so, would you please post this issue on Github?

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Which map? Also need Lua.log to debug

20. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

I noticed that Honor (authority policy) doesn't spawn units near your cities if you are in military supply deficit. Not sure it's intended.