Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pillage the road or an Incan Worker remove the road, is the unit stranded?

You can't remove the road under a city. So that is a non issue. What tends to happen with the Inca is that you have larger mountain ranges so the city could be shielded (at least from one direction, it's more rare to have blobby mountainranges or a tile that is a mountain surrounded only by other mountain tiles) that way until you get a scouter unit with the trailblazer3 promotion to take the city. You still bombard it from range and then just have the scout move in for the kill and take over. As noted the way for other units to get up there is if you have an actual road/railroad network on mountain tiles. Then just just stand next to it and move up into it and once there you can follow the roads. So if you for some reason do have a road network you need to guard the entrances to the network so others can't get up on the mountain without the proper promotions.

So some time has passed since the release. Has anyone noticed better VRAM performance (faster loading of textures, less late game UI glitches and crashes etc.) with 1.3.x? These are more apparent in larger maps&more civs. If there's indeed an improvement, I think I can shrink some more files to further decrease the VP size by around 50-75Mbs.

The game feels more responsive on my toaster, I'm very grateful for your work! (especially in the late game)

Is anyone else getting a bunch of crashes related to whatever functions are undergone by the AI during war? Each time I crash I can just set the offending civ that caused the crash to make peace with everyone and the crashes stop.

EDIT: nevermind, now it's just crashing every other turn by civs that aren't even at war. And as I hit around turn 180 it started happening more frequently (every 5-6 turns or so) until turn 200 in which I am completely locked out of the game unless I delete every aztec city.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting a bunch of crashes related to whatever functions are undergone by the AI during war? Each time I crash I can just set the offending civ that caused the crash to make peace with everyone and the crashes stop.

EDIT: nevermind, now it's just crashing every other turn by civs that aren't even at war. And as I hit around turn 180 it started happening more frequently (every 5-6 turns or so) until turn 200 in which I am completely locked out of the game unless I delete every aztec city.

Which mods are you using? I do not use any mods and the game works perfectly.

Please post a bug report on Github, I suspect it's a crash when attempting a city lookup.

Which mods are you using? I do not use any mods and the game works perfectly.
Not many, and more importantly none that have caused any issues with crashing in my previous versions. The only new mod I was using this version was the "faith purchases in puppet cities" mod, which could or could not be the offending element.

Please post a bug report on Github, I suspect it's a crash when attempting a city lookup.
Done.

My game is also crashing every few turns now. But every time I load autosave, I don't get the crash next turn...
Should I enable logging and post logs only (unless I get a guaranteed to crash savegame) after the next crash?

I note that raging barbs not appearing was resolved in the notes, though never had a problem, but recently I have tried a couple of Marathon game, & the barbarians are hardly there, despite raging barbs on. Is this a general problem with marathon mode. This was a bit annoying as I was playing the Aztecs who need all these kill for their UA. Anyone else noticed this.

I note that raging barbs not appearing was resolved in the notes, though never had a problem, but recently I have tried a couple of Marathon game, & the barbarians are hardly there, despite raging barbs on. Is this a general problem with marathon mode. This was a bit annoying as I was playing the Aztecs who need all these kill for their UA. Anyone else noticed this.

As someone else that always plays deity marathon and huge maps. They are spawning. Don't think or perhaps I should say I'm not sure there is an issue. Perhaps the AI has just gotten better to kill them or to prevent them spawning by scouting and being in most parts of the map. The AI is more annoying then ever in the killing department (good job I guess!). As I recall it barb camps can't spawn in visual range. That said perhaps they are not as raging as I would sometimes like them to be. Not seeing any barbarian hordes very often, even when the city-state quest starts it's usually only 1-2 units that pop up every few turns.

Mostly I find the issue in that as the continents gets settled the barbs mostly spawn out on islands etc and far in the north/south where there are no people and then they sort of stay there for most of the time as the AI has some kind of limit to how far it will go unless they go on some kind of barb-killing-expeditions (which happens).

In my experience the type of continent you're on has a huge control over the barbs due to simple geometry. You get tons of barbs on large and blocky continents and very few on small and spindly continents. It's those big forested inlands that tend to be in fog for all players at once most often.

Thanks to both of you that have replied. I am playing the Aztecs & thought if might be fun to play a pangaea Rainforest map, which I have never used before, for loads of jungle. I managed to explore the whole continent with Scout & Jaguars, start two wars with Korea & Egypt who were heading my way with settlers. Except once when my scout has been attacking by a couple of barb warriors there has been little contact, & took me around 100 turns to gain a pantheon by killing them, though never attacked a camp. Around 130 turns in made my way to the two southern camps, where no barbs had ever ventured towards my capital, & even Milan had no barb issues. Found a lowly warrior in each, which I soon disposed of.

Contrast this to the last time I played Marathon mode, around a year ago, as the Huns on lovely flat ground. I was under siege by stacks of them all around the capital, until build pastures & obtained horses, then they were soon no more.

In my previous game on the same version, playing epic with Babylon, there were loads of them, with The Aztecs getting a religion very early virtually on these kills alone. In previous epic games the same. It is just this Marathon one, plus another I was just testing, with the same issues, despite a mod reinstall in the latter. You always know there is a problem when virtually all the CS have no barb issues, as usually they are swamped by them. All the civs were just strolling around, with barely a dent on all the pathfinders. Wonder if it is this Rainforest map, though would have thought there would be more of them playing that.

I started another game on Marathon with pangaea map, & had no problems with loads of barbs. I think it might be the Rainforest Map, & reason why noone has seen anything is probably because it isn't played much. Strange if it is that map.

I started another game on Marathon with pangaea map, & had no problems with loads of barbs. I think it might be the Rainforest Map, & reason why noone has seen anything is probably because it isn't played much. Strange if it is that map.

Water level is also a big factor. Lower water levels I find significantly increase barb numbers.

Water level is also a big factor. Lower water levels I find significantly increase barb numbers.

That is certainly true, but this is a fairly big land map, with hardly any barbs. It seems to be an issue with the Rainforest map for some reason. Never used it before.

Didn't see that before - Brazil built 4 settlers and they sit in capital. Why build settlers if not settle cities - they can't cross oceans yet and won't be able at least for 4-5 techs. They have place for 1 city, but they don't settle that spot either.

8930_20220116033840_1.png

Didn't see that before - Brazil built 4 settlers and they sit in capital. Why build settlers if not settle cities - they can't cross oceans yet and won't be able at least for 4-5 techs. They have place for 1 city, but they don't settle that spot either.

View attachment 618641
I've seen this quite often. Settlers kept for ages in a city when there is no where for them to settle. It would be good to see the AI delete it's unneeded settlers are it's a resource drain for them. I thought it possible the AI might hoard them if they wanted to destroy another Civs city then settle over it but I've witnessed a passive Civ do this also.

Given that settlers cost population, they shouldn't make one without a location that they want to settle immediately, and they definitely shouldn't be making a second one if: a) they don't have another settling location that they don't want to settle immediately, and b) their first settler isn't on their way to the first settling location.

Sorry if I repeat myself but have foreign legions been fixed ? In 1.2.1 they don't have the formation promotion and skip the rifleman upgrade (straight to infantry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom