Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor thing but you guys should fix the Spain leader selection screen to show the Hacienda instead of Inquisitor unit.

No, I wanted to know if it was still an issue first. It's a pretty obvious one so I'd be quite surprised if nobody noticed it for so long.

You would be surprised : the later part of the game is played by a far less important portion of members, so problems there (bugs or balance) usually take a lot longer to be detected, especially for a unit unlocked by a policy.

It's basically like looking at a tree : you notice things on the trunk for more easily than on one branch.

To be honest, I would like one day to see a modmod that allows for more balanced non-ancient era starts, so that we can make tests for the endgame more easily.

Last edited:
No, I wanted to know if it was still an issue first. It's a pretty obvious one so I'd be quite surprised if nobody noticed it for so long.

In my latest game I noticed this as well, thought it was a bit weird but intended.

the later part of the game is players by a far less important portion of members, so problem there (bugs or balance) usually take a lot longer to be detected, especially for a unit unlocked by a policy.

This has always bothered me, there's a lot of content late game that just gets glossed over. I tend to limit my victory types though, so that might have an impact. Diplo and Cultural victories can be won much earlier than Science and Domination (depending on map/civ comb for the latter).

You would be surprised : the later part of the game is played by a far less important portion of members, so problems there (bugs or balance) usually take a lot longer to be detected, especially for a unit unlocked by a policy.

It's basically like looking at a tree : you notice things on the trunk for more easily than on one branch.

To be honest, I would like one day to see a modmod that allows for more balanced non-ancient era starts, so that we can make tests for the endgame more easily.

Fair point, civ games can be extremely long after all. I've submitted a bug report.

Guys, I noticed the AI making very low offers for some mid-late game resources. Specifically coal, got the same offer twice: 1 gold per turn = 4 coal.
I wonder if its possible to adjust these at some point :)

another suggestion, but I imagine this is hard - if even possible - to do: make it so the AI offers less if you choose to sell something they didnt look for. To reduce the abuses.
Example: the AI values a certain resource 10g per turn if it tries to buy from you. If you try to sell it to them, they are willing to pay only a third of that, as they weren't looking for it.

Whats your opinions? Thanks!

Guys, I noticed the AI making very low offers for some mid-late game resources. Specifically coal, got the same offer twice: 1 gold per turn = 4 coal.
I wonder if its possible to adjust these at some point :)

another suggestion, but I imagine this is hard - if even possible - to do: make it so the AI offers less if you choose to sell something they didnt look for. To reduce the abuses.
Example: the AI values a certain resource 10g per turn if it tries to buy from you. If you try to sell it to them, they are willing to pay only a third of that, as they weren't looking for it.

Whats your opinions? Thanks!

There have been a lot of reports on this. I suppose I should look through the existing logic and get some opinions on how it should function.

Whats your opinions? Thanks![/QUOTE]

IMO a third is too low, making deals would be basically pointless unless the AI offers it. Though i like the concept. Maybe the AI could give 1 or 2 gold less? So if he values luxuries at 10 but doesnt have happiness issues or needs that specific luxury for a WLTKD, then he would only be willing to offer 8 gold let's say.

IMO a third is too low, making deals would be basically pointless unless the AI offers it. Though i like the concept. Maybe the AI could give 1 or 2 gold less? So if he values luxuries at 10 but doesnt have happiness issues or needs that specific luxury for a WLTKD, then he would only be willing to offer 8 gold let's say.

this could be elaborated for sure. I think hapiness, WLTKD and their gold income should come into play. If they are tight they would be less willing to spend on a resource they don't need.

ps. I didnt try selling a luxury they already had, so I dont know if its possible. If it is, this could be the edge case where they offer little or just say impossible.

this could be elaborated for sure. I think hapiness, WLTKD and their gold income should come into play. If they are tight they would be less willing to spend on a resource they don't need.

ps. I didnt try selling a luxury they already had, so I dont know if its possible. If it is, this could be the edge case where they offer little or just say impossible.
AI don't buy luxuries that it already has except Netherlands.

Would YOU buy a luxury that's not asked by any city while you're happy enough? I sure wouldn't, unless it's given for free.

Would YOU buy a luxury that's not asked by any city while you're happy enough? I sure wouldn't, unless it's given for free.
That depends on the price. If I don't have the resource yet, that's few more golden age points. If I do, that's one less resource for trade for the seller.

Since WLTKD and CS quests only ask for a lux you don't have, it's better to not buy any to lower the chance they ask for a CS-exclusive one on the other continent.

In midgame (I'm playing with EE, so in beginning of EE) AI keeps offering ridiculous deals - 8 gold for open borders (but himself wants 4 GPT), 5 GPT for 8 iron or horses, then Theodora asks for help 143 GPT (when she has 116 GPT total and I have in golden age about 600) after that I get -30 diplomacy modifier "your recent diplomatic action disappointing me".
So it seems they going to hate me anyway, because they keep asking me for gifts of gold, resources, declarations of war on my close neighbors, while they sit on another continents.

Since WLTKD and CS quests only ask for a lux you don't have, it's better to not buy any to lower the chance they ask for a CS-exclusive one on the other continent.
Unless you're playing really wide and need any happiness you can get.

Austria UA doesn't work, for me. Influence with city state decay after marriage, doesn't boost great person generation, doesn't give additional delegate vote. Just charge gold (500 on epic speed), price doesn't increase and same city can be marriage the multiple times, but it doesn't give any benefit.
Can someone confirm this, because it's serious problem for player and AI.

Austria UA doesn't work, for me. Influence with city state decay after marriage, doesn't boost great person generation, doesn't give additional delegate vote. Just charge gold (500 on epic speed), price doesn't increase and same city can be marriage the multiple times, but it doesn't give any benefit.
Can someone confirm this, because it's serious problem for player and AI.

Playing the latest version? I fixed this bug already.

Playing the latest version? I fixed this bug already.
I'm playing on 1.3.4, I was playing on 1.3.1, I saw this bug and yesterday I installed this new version 1.3.4, but bug is still there. Maybe I need to clean cache or temp files, because I installed new version on 1.3.1? Or maybe bug isn't fixed, like happen for me many times, when after testing I see I don't fixed bug? :D
I also run game with (over) More Unique Components for VP (v 74) and Alternative Difficulty for VP + City State Changes (v 9).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom