Status
Not open for further replies.

looorg

King
When you click on a building and the queue is empty it just puts it in the queue and then close the city-screen or auto-move to the next city if there are multiple cities that have an empty queue. If you decide to invest/pay for the building it puts it in the queue but does not move to the next city with an empty queue. It's quite annoying. I don't recall that being a thing previously. Is there an option to revert that cause as mentioned it's quite annoying.

Certainly so if you want to add multiple buildings to a queue or do some other micro on the city when you are there. As you then have to go back to that city and open it and add again and then do things.

They are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.

It has always been there. That is as far as I know permanent. That said the weird thing I guess is that you can only ask once. If they reject you they have rejected you forever on that issue. If they accept it they accept it forever. So the cheese with that is that you ask when you are "friends", or as soon as they found their religion, cause then they are more or less always going to agree to it and then it lasts forever even if you later go to war or start to hate each other for other reasons (such as religious differences ...). I guess it's one of those early things that you just do in the early stage of the game when everyone sort of are friendly and then you forget about it for the rest of the game. I guess you could say that it breaks one aspect of the religious game.

notaspambot

Warlord
When you click on a building and the queue is empty it just puts it in the queue and then close the city-screen or auto-move to the next city if there are multiple cities that have an empty queue. If you decide to invest/pay for the building it puts it in the queue but does not move to the next city with an empty queue. It's quite annoying. I don't recall that being a thing previously. Is there an option to revert that cause as mentioned it's quite annoying.

Certainly so if you want to add multiple buildings to a queue or do some other micro on the city when you are there. As you then have to go back to that city and open it and add again and then do things.

I'm not sure when this has been changed, but I'm surprised you bring it up here because I don't think is a recent change, like at all. It's been working this way for at least the last year, IIRC. Personally, I deal with the issue by hopping between cities once with the arrow keys, which makes you no longer move away after adding something to the queue.

That being said, if I might add my own two cents: I'd like it if some hotkey adjustments were made here as well. For example, ctrl-clicking an item to add something to the back of the queue only with lctrl and not with rctrl. It would also be nice if you could ctrl click while investing to add it to the back of the queue.

looorg

King
I'm not sure when this has been changed, but I'm surprised you bring it up here because I don't think is a recent change, like at all. It's been working this way for at least the last year, IIRC. Personally, I deal with the issue by hopping between cities once with the arrow keys, which makes you no longer move away after adding something to the queue.

That being said, if I might add my own two cents: I'd like it if some hotkey adjustments were made here as well. For example, ctrl-clicking an item to add something to the back of the queue only with lctrl and not with rctrl. It would also be nice if you could ctrl click while investing to add it to the back of the queue.

I'm fairly certain this was not in the previous version. I would think I would have noticed it. I notice it now mostly cause it's different, and annoying. I don't know if it's in the latest version (2.2.whatever as I have not installed it yet). But the weird aspect of it is that this hopping thing only happens if the queue is empty and you clicked on the hammer in the right hand of notifications to jump to the cities that need to add things to the queue. If you just click on a city on the map and go to it then this does not happen. Also as noted if you click to invest in the building it doesn't happen either.

But as mentioned it's very weird since it only happens if I go to the city via the hammer icon, it doesn't happen if I manually click the city, it doesn't happen if I click on the "birth" icon on the right and go to the city etc. It only happens if you click on the hammer icon. So weird. So annoying.

Doesn't the queue already have those features? I seem to recall it being left-control or something is it left-shift or something to push something to the top of the queue. I don't recall exactly which one it is now but I use it when it's world congress project time to push things to the top of the queue. I think there is a combo to empty the entire list and put whatever you clicked on in there. That said I don't use them very often. But I think they are still in there. Or does invested items always get pushed to the top now? I mostly manually add and manage my queue so I had not paid that aspect of it to much attention. Once things are in the queue and you invest they don't move, so I don't really notice that to much.

Last edited:

notaspambot

Warlord
I'm fairly certain this was not in the previous version. I would think I would have noticed it. I notice it now mostly cause it's different, and annoying. I don't know if it's in the latest version (2.2.whatever as I have not installed it yet). But the weird aspect of it is that this hopping thing only happens if the queue is empty and you clicked on the hammer in the right hand of notifications to jump to the cities that need to add things to the queue. If you just click on a city on the map and go to it then this does not happen. Also as noted if you click to invest in the building it doesn't happen either.

But as mentioned it's very weird since it only happens if I go to the city via the hammer icon, it doesn't happen if I manually click the city, it doesn't happen if I click on the "birth" icon on the right and go to the city etc. It only happens if you click on the hammer icon. So weird. So annoying.
Hmm, maybe my memory is just failing me then. Anyway, if I might make another suggestion, I think that the current implementation does have its uses, just not as the default behaviour. I think that adding a hotkey to the city view that would let you go to the next city with an idle production queue (instead of doing so automatically) would be a decent enough compromise.

Doesn't the queue already have those features? I seem to recall it being left-control or something is it left-shift or something to push something to the top of the queue. I don't recall exactly which one it is now but I use it when it's world congress project time to push things to the top of the queue. I think there is a combo to empty the entire list and put whatever you clicked on in there. That said I don't use them very often. But I think they are still in there. Or does invested items always get pushed to the top now? I mostly manually add and manage my queue so I had not paid that aspect of it to much attention. Once things are in the queue and you invest they don't move, so I don't really notice that to much.
I think I missed a few words in my other post, so to clarify: "For example, ctrl-clicking an item to add something to the back of the queue currently only works with with lctrl and not with rctrl". Or in other words, for it to work with lctrl and rctrl, not just lctrl. And yeah, investing always puts things at the top of the queue, which works for some cases but not others.

Recursive

Already Looping
Moderator Action: Thread closed due to new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom