Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. I'm not feeling creative, so I'll just let the changelog speak for itself. Thanks to @Rekk, @balparmak, @pineappledan, @ilteroi, @Gazebo for assorted changes and fixes.

Changelog
Code:
General
- Lots of text fixes
- Performance improvements

AI
- Significant improvements to diplomacy AI regarding war state evaluation
- AI should be much more willing to attack cities when at war
- Improvements to tactical AI
- Improved AI logic regarding willingness to trade Open Borders
- Civs must be on the same land area to complain about you settling too near them
- Modified Optimize Great Works to exclude the capital when avoiding sending works to endangered cities

Balance
  Germany
    Landsknecht moved back to Gunpowder, now has no maintenance penalty
    New UA - Blood and Iron
    - +3 Culture for each City-State ally, +3 Science per friend
    - Unit gifts to City-States provide +1 Influence per turn (lost when the gifted unit is killed or upgraded)

City-States
  - Influence now decays at an exponentially higher rate when you have several hundred or thousand Influence
  - Extra decay penalty is now (floor(Influence/100))^1.5; the exponent is customizable in CoreDefines.sql
  - All Influence decay penalties are now tripled if you have a PTP and the City-State's capital is damaged (as stated in the text); also customizable
  - Can no longer gift units to City-States if they are at their unit supply cap (removed separate unit gift cap that wasn't working)
  - Militaristic City-States now give their City-State-exclusive units less frequently, naval units more frequently

War
  - Land units now blockade adjacent undefended tiles
  - Units created in damaged cities are now also damaged, missing a % of their max HP equal to the missing % of the city's HP
  - +20% bonus for blockading a city now actually applies (it didn't for years now even though it was in the UI)
  - Expending Great Generals/Great Admirals now increases unit supply by 1 instead of 2

Units
  - Mechanized Infantry need a Military Base to purchase
  - Atomic era ships need a Military Academy to purchase
  - Information era ships need a Military Base to purchase
  - Comanche Riders need an Armory/Stables to purchase
  - Zero needs a Military Base and Airport to purchase
  - B17 needs a Military Base and Airport to purchase
  - Longbowman now obsoletes at the correct tech
  - Increased CS and cost of Berserker
  - Increased CS of Samurai
  - Sight Penalty promotion now lost on upgrade

Improvements
  - Units attacking from forts/citadels/encampments/etc. in neutral territory don't leave after killing an enemy

Policies
    Statecraft
    - Opener now grants Golden Age Points

Wonders
  - Stonehenge instant Faith buffed to 60 (was 50), to grant a pantheon on all game speeds

UI
- Resources, Techs and Votes are now automatically expanded in the trade screen
- Adopt Policy button defaults to the Ideologies tab once Ideologies are unlocked (EUI only)
- Text when third party war/peace cannot be traded is now more specific about the reason why

Bugfixes
- Fixed spies dying on safe missions
- Fixed being unable to send a Diplomat to a capital if no offensive spy actions are possible in that city
- Automated workers should leave unique/GPTI improvements located on resources alone
- Fixed one-sided Research Agreements in trade offers
- Fixed AI sending insults when unable to declare war
- Fixed issues with AI building roads
- Fixed double border growth during GA/WLTKD not being reflected in border growth turns display
- Fixed incorrect application of diplo penalties if master refuses to allow a vassal independence
- Improvements that scale GEMS expend abilities + Transnationalism Franchises no longer need to be within workable distance of an owned city (still needs to be in owned territory and built by the player).
- The Holy Land reformation belief now works for any combination of 2 Holy Sites and Landmarks (instead of requiring exactly 2 Holy Sites or 2 Landmarks).
- Combat Strength PER UnitCombat modifiers from Promotions should now work for all Ranged Units
- Fixed combat bonuses applying to embarked units in the UI
- Fixed Air Ambush II being unselectable
- Fixed being unable to choose a city's fate in OCC games
- Fixed incorrect total score calculation (wasn't factoring in score from cities)
- Fixed war victory bonuses not applying globally if a player was eliminated
- Fixed war victory bonuses from eliminating a City-State - majors only
- Fixed AI gifting units to City-States they're planning to bully/war
- City-States now can't scrap units due to bankruptcy, since they don't deal with GPT the same way
- Fixed bug with Brazil's Golden Age mechanic (could be exploited to gain many more yields than intended)
- Fixed AI attempting to gift units when not allowed to

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_NCfyrJmWUmOtXNhcltn9Iw0Qg5VG57/view?usp=sharing

Online as of 3:30 AM CST on June 21. Not savegame compatible.

---

Version 2.4.1
Code:
- Fixed human players' units being automatically gifted to City-States

Online as of 12:18 PM CST on June 21. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

---

Version 2.4.2
Code:
- Fixed database error messing up the Fealty policy tree

Online as of 12:33 PM CST on June 22. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

---

Version 2.4.3
Code:
- Fixed a bug allowing players to steal Natural Wonders by settling next to them (actually, this time)
- Further improvements to AI war state evaluation logic
- AI is now more willing to use nukes

Online as of 6:41 PM CST on June 22. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

---

Version 2.4.4
Code:
- Fixed a bug causing the AI to be too pacifistic
Online as of 9:47 PM CST on June 22. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why Marathon doesn't have 300% Instant Yields? They are only 200%, right? I'd like to see what Marathon Players have to say about this.

So we should be seeing more City Blockades now. This should help the AI immensely.

GG and GA give their extra supply after the reduction from tech level?

Also I'm not sure that will work for Stonehenge? I'd say just put instantYieldPercent to the normal gamespeed scaling values, I don't really understand why they are different.

Is there a reason why Marathon doesn't have 300% Instant Yields? They are only 200%, right? I'd like to see what Marathon Players have to say about this.

So we should be seeing more City Blockades now. This should help the AI immensely.

GG/GA supply has been unaffected by tech level for a while. This made it more powerful.

Yes, you should see more blockades.

Gazebo reduced the power of Instant Yields on Quick and Marathon some years ago as they were too impactful in testing. I don't know the reasons why, you'd have to ask him.

As Arabia, my Camel Archers are being automatically donated to a distant city state. I'm not initiating it, and newly built ones are immediately sent (I get the promotion notification but I can't actually promote them because they don't exist on the board at that time as they are already on their way). Earlier I was able to build a single Camel Archer that did stick around for a while but it vanished without my noticing until I was looking for it when war broke out. Then I got notified of my donation to Sydney a couple of turns later. Anyone else seeing weird donation issues?

Version 2.4.1 (hotfix) has been released. Link in OP has been updated.
Code:
- Fixed human players' units being automatically gifted to City-States

Online as of 12:18 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

Gazebo reduced the power of Instant Yields on Quick and Marathon some years ago as they were too impactful in testing. I don't know the reasons why, you'd have to ask him.

I think the essential problem with Instant Yields in other gamespeeds is that there are two types of instant yield.

1) Instant Yields which will trigger a set number of times per game or per game per city (sometimes just once), such as Stonehenge/Oracle and Progress bonuses. IYs like this should scale exactly with gamespeed so they provide the same relative amount.

2) Instant Yields which will trigger more frequently with more time to move your units around. This is basically killing and pillaging bonuses, and also War Win and City Capture bonuses arguably. These IYs arguably should scale sublinearly with gamespeed to some extent.

The compromise is that IYs as a whole scale slightly sublinearly, though this does make Authority better on Marathon and Progress better on Quick. The better solution would involve actually separating IYs into two classes but that would be a lot of work and controversy probably.

I haven't been able to play of late, and may not be doing much so in the near future either, but the bug fixes alone are magnificent.
+20% bonus for blockading a city now actually applies (it didn't for years now even though it was in the UI)
What in the actual hell! LOL

I found this bug last night before the patch, haven't made a report on it yet though:

When I spawned my first Great Prophet in my capital, I moved it to one of my other cities before founding. After I auto-purchased my first missionary there, I converted some of the citizens in my capital, but the first charge only did enough so that neither my pantheon nor my religion were the majority in my capital. When this happened I noticed that the countdown for my next missionary disappeared; missionaries were no longer available on auto-purchase, and I couldn't buy them in my holy city either. This fixed itself when I used my missionary's second charge to fully convert my capital, allowing missionaries to be purchased again.

This is incredible work, truly above and beyond.

I've been thinking, and it's so unfortunate that our community enjoying this way of playing Civ 5 is so small. Especially on Twitch, nobody is streaming this mod, they ALL play Vanilla or LEKmod.
This is by far the most addicting game I've ever played, and with this mod, we've flung beyond Gacha-games level of addiction.
It's also super easy for new players to get into, if they've played Civ 5 first.
I was wondering if the Yogscast could be made aware of this mod, so they can play it for their Jingle Jam christmas streams? They always play Civ 5 on December 5th, apart from last year, when the mod they were using, LEKmod malfunctioned, they might stop Civ 5 altogether if they're still not aware of this mod.

The biggest reason is that watching people play this mod can only improve our chances of this maybe making it into a mainline Civ videogame, and improving strategy from watching for newbie players like me.

2) Instant Yields which will trigger more frequently with more time to move your units around. This is basically killing and pillaging bonuses, and also War Win and City Capture bonuses arguably. These IYs arguably should scale sublinearly with gamespeed to some extent.

The thing is, aren't unit kills ultimately based on unit production, which means that they should theoretically cost the same proportion of hammers to train, and result in a similar number of occurrences regardless of gamespeed?

The logic is more applicable when it comes to barbarian spawns, but barbarian camps are also specifically designed to spawn slower on marathon (400% vs. 300% for most other factors).

I wanna say fantastic job as usual. One thing i noticed in the current version is that you now have to wait for cool down between purchases of workboats or workers as opposed to being able to do it every turn before. Is this intended cause i haven't noticed a patch note about it.

War
- Land units now blockade adjacent undefended tiles
- Units created in damaged cities are now also damaged, missing a % of their max HP equal to the missing % of the city's HP
- +20% bonus for blockading a city now actually applies (it didn't for years now even though it was in the UI)

- Increased CS and cost of Berserker
- Increased CS of Samurai

Looks great, I have two questions

Does this mean land units will now blockade a city settled next to a lake and that we now only need units in half the tiles around a city to blockade (as long as no new units get out)?
What are the numbers on Berserker and Samurai (old and new)?

Hello, found a nasty bug in this beautiful new release, a big chunk of the Fealty tree is broken because of a wrong called column.
Posting here so people can hotfix their game (as long a no Civ has gotten further than the opener)
"Piety.sql" line 104: BuildingType must be changed to Type

Looks great, I have two questions

Does this mean land units will now blockade a city settled next to a lake and that we now only need units in half the tiles around a city to blockade (as long as no new units get out)?
What are the numbers on Berserker and Samurai (old and new)?
Land units on land can't blockade water tiles (and visa versa). Embarked units can still contribute to a blockade.

Berserker : 20 -> 22 (matches Longswordsman)

Samurai : 23 -> 25 (matches Tercio)

Hello, found a nasty bug in this beautiful new release, a big chunk of the Fealty tree is broken because of a wrong called column.
Posting here so people can hotfix their game (as long a no Civ has gotten further than the opener)
"Piety.sql" line 104: BuildingType must be changed to Type

Thanks for your solution! I was just curious to why there is nobody to feedback such an obvious bug. :goodjob:

Version 2.4.2 (hotfix) has been released. Link in OP has been updated.
Code:
- Fixed database error messing up the Fealty policy tree

Online as of 12:33 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

Normally an enemy or a barbarian blocks a tile they are on, now (atleast barbarians no war yet) also blocks me from working adjacent tiles, is this intended?
edit: Maybe the new blockade thingie, but my own unit doesnt prevent the block and I cant work the tiles until the barb is killed or moved away.
Also, this means we will potentially be able to blockade a city with zero units up against the city (ie all melee units 1 tile away).

Version 2.4.3 (hotfix) has been released. Link in OP has been updated.
Code:
- Fixed a bug allowing players to steal Natural Wonders by settling next to them (actually, this time)
- Further improvements to AI war state evaluation logic
- AI is now more willing to use nukes

Online as of 6:41 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

Version 2.4.4 (hotfix) has been released. Link in OP has been updated.
Code:
- Fixed a bug causing the AI to be too pacifistic

Online as of 9:47 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 2.4 versions.

Should be the last one for now. Sorry for the flurry of hotfixes, everyone, this release had a few unexpected issues and improvements pop up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom