New Version - 2.5 (July 14, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with warships available in lake cities? AI spamming them and having no land units? We still have lighthouses, coastal wonders, fishing boats in lake cities. And I miss them. By the way god of the sea didn't count lake cities as coastal before, IDK if it does now.
Looks unhealthy imo

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 143
I think I should be able to see this city to the left, founded by Assyria after I vassal him.
1659196951785.png

Looks unhealthy imo
Yeah. I think the playerbase is divided probably in line with preferred map sizes. I mostly play on Small, so I don't really get large or even medium sized lakes. They tend to be 3-4 tiles at most, and AI always wastes some ships there like in the screenshot. I've seen larger lakes almost like inland seas on larger maps though, so I can see why people may not like this change. Making it optional, or in some ways tied to the lake size would be better, the latter is too expensive probably.

Is anyone else seeing Venice founding cities? I didn't know they had a city list but in my last game they founded five cities!
I also can't seem to find the code that prevents Venice from creating settlers.

Last edited:
The Great Merchants of Venice can be used to found new cities for a while now in my experience and i believe it is intended.

I can't make any Inquisitor with any civ, and when I try to spawn one with Editor, I get the error 'none of your cities could purchase that unit (I only use VP and ingame editor)

Where is the city list?

Cant send spies to major Civs capitals or my own capital, other cities are ok.
My Capital is kinda greyed out and when i select an enemy capital the spy just wont move with no message

Last edited:
I meant in the files. I was trying to find it in the files but it wasn't in any of the places I looked. I wanted to see what city names Venice had.

Seems I can work the same tile with two cities at once, I filed a report on github and can avoid abusing it myself, I wonder if the AI provides the same curtesey?
1659641114476.png

1659641158935.png

Something fishy is happening when trading techs. I was clicking multiple times the technologies on both sides and the deal value was decreasing, Also at some point everything from my side of the deal was empty, like no options at all.
I will try to reproduce this, see if i can figure out what is happening and report back
Also about the spies thing/bug i reported earlier, well an era later when i got more spies to play around everything was working correctly, i could place a spy in foreign capitals and my own.

I wish the new versions were more about fixing problems and be stable than adding new mechanics / balance that always screw up something somewhere else.
Fixing previous version and adding new features should be 2 separate matters but I guess it is a lot more work.

EDIT: I guess my command of english isn't good enough to express what I wanted to say. I am tired to have new version where some stuff gets fixed but new stuff is added and cause bugs somewhere else then you have to wait for these bugs to be fixed while some more new features are added and fudged up something else:

Now it is 2.5.x which fix bugs of 2.4.x and adds plenty of new features and balance
VERSUS (what could be)
New version stable 2.5.final with bugs fixed AND NO NEW features
and
New version 2.5.beta with bugs fixed and NEW FEATURES to try.

Last edited:
I wish the new versions were more about fixing problems and be stable than adding new mechanics / balance that always screw up something somewhere else.
Fixing previous version and adding new features should be 2 separate matters but I guess it is a lot more work.
Quite literally 90% of the version is about bugfixes and improvements... :crazyeye:

Was it just after you built the second city? Happened to me too but next turn, only the new city could work the tile.
Yes and as long as I didnt touch the tile I could continue to double dip on it for several turns
As soon as I changed what tile should be used it became correctly locked to the northern city only.

Why can't I see unhappiness from poverty here? I do have -1.

Attachments

• no unhapiness.png
    no unhapiness.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 37
Suggestion - plz make artillery (cats, trebs, cannons, etc.) just a tiny bit more effective against cities.

Suggestion - plz make artillery (cats, trebs, cannons, etc.) just a tiny bit more effective against cities.
Recursive said in this thread that city healing is too high, hopefully there is a change in upcoming versions.
Surround does the trick but its very difficult to do without throwing away a bunch of units to the AI meat grinder.
Volley promotion does a lot for siege to be useful, thing you also want to get range so they dont just die, this means you need siege 3 and range before taking volley.
This is what makes wars so grindy on higher difficulty its basically an xp exercise.
Alternatively you go Ottoman (free volley promo from siege foundry) or Sweden (lots of exp) or Zulu (less exp needed for promos) or Korea (hwatcha attacks twice= double exp=faster upgrades).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom