Status
Not open for further replies.
In my recent game v2.6 every civ could build chateaux, even most CityStates did it, France was not in the game. Is it a known bug? New feature?
edit: Additional mods IGE, RAS, some UI mods and Free Recon Units (v 3)

Last edited:
I can't quite put my finder on it, but there seems to be something wrong with Germany's unit gifting ability. Either I'm not getting credit for some of my unit gifts or the bonus is kicking in much later than the 3 turns the UI says it should take, I'm not sure yet.

CS influence calculation was changed not long ago (the more you have the faster it degrades), if I know you were away for some time so maybe that's the reason? I noticed similar things with the policy that increases CS influence when you have a TR with them (my influence didn't go up). I had the assumption that this change was the reason for it, but maybe something sinister is going on. Might be worth more testing or even a github ticket.

In my recent game v2.6 every civ could build chateaux, even most CityStates did it, France was not in the game. Is it a known bug? New feature?
edit: Additional mods IGE, RAS, some UI mods and Free Recon Units (v 3)

I don't have this problem, maybe a fresh reinstall helps? (or just clearing the cache)

CS influence calculation was changed not long ago (the more you have the faster it degrades), if I know you were away for some time so maybe that's the reason? I noticed similar things with the policy that increases CS influence when you have a TR with them (my influence didn't go up). I had the assumption that this change was the reason for it, but maybe something sinister is going on. Might be worth more testing or even a github ticket.
So watching it more closely, I think what is happening is that I am gifting warriors a bit too late in the game, and the AI is either disbanding them or more likely upgrading them into spears. Upgrades disable the unit gift, so I'm not actually getting the benefit.

I noticed similar things with the policy that increases CS influence when you have a TR with them (my influence didn't go up). I had the assumption that this change was the reason for it, but maybe something sinister is going on. Might be worth more testing or even a github ticket.
The Trade Route policies not working is actually a separate issue that has been fixed for the next version.

I do not understand why I can't get Shaka to declare on Brazil. He has no Defensive pact or friendship with brazil.

Spoiler :

Screenshot.png

So watching it more closely, I think what is happening is that I am gifting warriors a bit too late in the game, and the AI is either disbanding them or more likely upgrading them into spears. Upgrades disable the unit gift, so I'm not actually getting the benefit.
That would actually makes sense.
The Trade Route policies not working is actually a separate issue that has been fixed for the next version.
Oh, that's really good news! Thank you!

I do not understand why I can't get Shaka to declare on Brazil. He has no Defensive pact or friendship with brazil.
from what is says another ai has def pact brazil and dp/dof you. it sounds like you would attack a member of your own coalition and apparently it is not allowed?

or if that s about ai who has dp with both shakaa and brazil, it would mean shaka will be dowed by an ai he has dp/dof with. reasonable it is not allowed

The issue is who Brazil has a Defensive Pact with. You're not allowed to broker war against your friends or DPs, directly or indirectly.

The issue is who Brazil has a Defensive Pact with. You're not allowed to broker war against your friends or DPs, directly or indirectly.
Shaka has no friendship or DP with Brazil, and I am currently at war with Brazil...so pretty sure its not me:)

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but;

is it WAD that Venice can establish more than 3 new puppet cities using Great Merchants?

(I also use submods "3rd & 4th Uniqie Components" and "Really Advanced Setup"

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but;

is it WAD that Venice can establish more than 3 new puppet cities using Great Merchants?

(I also use submods "3rd & 4th Uniqie Components" and "Really Advanced Setup"
Intended.

Shaka has no friendship or DP with Brazil, and I am currently at war with Brazil...so pretty sure its not me:)
Brazil can have DP with civ X, and that civ X can have dof or DP with Shaka or you, thus if Shaka dow Brazil it will dow you or its own friends (who's not Brazil).
Would be easy to find out if you use the full relationship/stats mod (I can't remember the name)

One thing I'm noticing consistently with the AI on emperor and immortal. Its loving to do this Caravel Spam + War Declaration.

Spoiler :
Screenshot.png

The problem is....caravels are not good warships. They take a LONG time to kill with my xbows, but they just sit there and do nothing. On the one hand they snuff out all of my sea trade, because I can't field an equivalent navy to fight this at this stage in the game. But on the other, land wise these ships are lame ducks, they just sit there not attacking cities while I just plink plink plink away at them. So what it creates is boredom, I'm not really ever in danger, but I have to spend a lot of time hitting each of these ships like 6 times to kill them.

Now one way to address this...is teaching the AI about amphibious tactics. If the AI was using these caravels as shields for its amphibious forces hitting my coastal lines...that would be legitimately scary.

One thing I'm noticing consistently with the AI on emperor and immortal. Its loving to do this Caravel Spam + War Declaration.

The problem is....caravels are not good warships. They take a LONG time to kill with my xbows, but they just sit there and do nothing. On the one hand they snuff out all of my sea trade, because I can't field an equivalent navy to fight this at this stage in the game. But on the other, land wise these ships are lame ducks, they just sit there not attacking cities while I just plink plink plink away at them. So what it creates is boredom, I'm not really ever in danger, but I have to spend a lot of time hitting each of these ships like 6 times to kill them.

Now one way to address this...is teaching the AI about amphibious tactics. If the AI was using these caravels as shields for its amphibious forces hitting my coastal lines...that would be legitimately scary.
simple fix would be to change the unit AI type for caravels to exploration only? and/or take a look at the army formation and make sure there are mandatory slots for ranged units

edit: changing the unitai type might have side effects ... it could force the caravels to be disbanded when they have too many after upgrading their triremes

I think they're already set for an amphibious attack, but you're already spamming too many units on the coast so they just couldn't land.
Sea blockage without engagement was an actual strategy during WW1 btw, not historically inaccurate.
Still, would be better if they have a more balanced naval with more ranged ships, probably can increase the weight for ranged ships if there're already a lot of melee ships.

Spoiler :
Screenshot.png

I think the GP points on this quest are overtuned. Coups are very easy right now, and this one just landed me a whole 6 GPs in the capital!

How do Inquisitors work now in terms of their faith removal? It seems like they removal the primary faith but leave all the secondaries alone, as generally I see a lot of secondary faith in my city after an inquisitor hit.

How do Inquisitors work now in terms of their faith removal? It seems like they removal the primary faith but leave all the secondaries alone, as generally I see a lot of secondary faith in my city after an inquisitor hit.
I though they removed a % of the power of all faiths that isnt the faith they belong to. I dont recall now how much it removed but it was from all faiths not their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom