Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but I won't update until I'm done :dance:

Although, army actions are also not scaled with game speed, as intended.

Hmm. Barbarian spawn timers from encampments or cities scale with game speed, but the rate at which encampments spawn does not. Maybe that should be changed? :hmm:

I am also really enjoing the relentless barbs as England, playing on marathon modes.

Talking of game speeds, is there a reason that a unit can only gain 45 experience against barbs or CS, whatever speed it is playing. Gaining 45 experience on standard is far bigger advantage than gaining it on marathon, where you only gain one promotion tops, plus 15 towards next level.

Talking of game speeds, is there a reason that a unit can only gain 45 experience against barbs or CS, whatever speed it is playing. Gaining 45 experience on standard is far bigger advantage than gaining it on marathon, where you only gain one promotion tops, plus 15 towards next level.
You can change this in CoreDefines.sql under Balance Changes to a value of your choice or even leave uncapped by setting the associated value to -1

You can change this in CoreDefines.sql under Balance Changes to a value of your choice or even leave uncapped by setting the associated value to -1

Thank you. I don't know why it is just not going up taking account the game speed, like other things. It can take an age, even if constant warmongering to gain special promotions like range & indirect fire without this. I remember playing Babylon, using their special Bowmen, on Standard being able to obtain the three accuracy settings & range fairly easily, using barracks & armories. Tried the same on marathon settings & it was awful.I remember being fully at war for most of games, & taking an age to obtain range promotion. It is not only barbarians but CS as well, where you have a limit of 45 pts. Alright on standard but poor on marathon.I can understand having a limit, otherwise abused, but surely it should go up taking into account the slower games.

Thank you. I don't know why it is just not going up taking account the game speed, like other things. It can take an age, even if constant warmongering to gain special promotions like range & indirect fire without this. I remember playing Babylon, using their special Bowmen, on Standard being able to obtain the three accuracy settings & range fairly easily, using barracks & armories. Tried the same on marathon settings & it was awful.I remember being fully at war for most of games, & taking an age to obtain range promotion. It is not only barbarians but CS as well, where you have a limit of 45 pts. Alright on standard but poor on marathon.I can understand having a limit, otherwise abused, but surely it should go up taking into account the slower games.
Make a bug report.

Do you actually get less XP on slower speed? Or it's just the 45XP limit from barbarians/CS?

Ok then. Is it bug, though, or intended? Because someone could think that on Marathon, you could do 3x attacks in an era compared to Standard, so they normalized it.

is updating a mod for V3.0 as easy as updating something like the references (done that with a previous version that initialy merged stuff and that worked out great) or is it something more involved? is there a guide in the works or something?
There are some civs mods that i love having in my games but their leader wont even show up now.
Here is hoping the authors come around updating them.
Short answer: it depends.

A little bit longer answer: It depends on what the mod is referencing in the base VP files. If those references changed, you have to dive deeper into the mod to make changes. And that's just one of many other possibilities that could need tweaked.

Do you actually get less XP on slower speed? Or it's just the 45XP limit from barbarians/CS?
It is 45xp max on all speeds. Always seems to have been like that for some reason. That is why I don't think it is a bug, but intended for some reason.

It is 45xp max on all speeds. Always seems to have been like that for some reason. That is why I don't think it is a bug, but intended for some reason.
No, in the very old version that I still sometimes play, the 45 limit does scale with gamespeed. So it was changed at some point, either deliberately or accidentally. At slower speeds you need more XP per promotion right, in which case it should scale I think.

Version 3.0.2 released. Changelog:
Code:
Fixed -2 billion AI deal valuation for resources if the receiving player's GPT income is negative
Fixed Barbarian units spawning inside (instead of around) enemy cities and capturing them
Fixed Bastion Fort not being counted as a defensive building for Defender of the Faith, Japan UA, and Military-Industrial Complex
Fixed Herbalist still costing gold maintenance
Fixed Barbarian/City-State XP caps for units not scaling with gamespeed
Fixed text issues for road/railroad icons in tech tree
Fixed forge, hospital, lodge, royal guardhouse, throne room text not being updated
Fixed Urbanization unhappiness being listed as 100x its actual value in the UI

Link in OP has been updated.

Online as of 3:12 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.0 versions, although existing Herbalists/Bastion Forts will be unaffected.

Last edited:
Version 3.0.3 released. Changelog:
Code:
Fixed broken trade screen in Community Patch only

Link in OP has been updated.

Online as of 6:23 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.0 versions.

Idk what to think about barbs spawning in between cities yet but naval situation looks out of control. In my first 3.x.x game (the one on the screenshot is 2nd) I had 7 barb ships surrounding my one city in the early game. May be it's always been like that, I haven't played a lot of VP but it seems a bit too much either way. Or may be I'm a noob and should've just spammed archers from early on, let me know if that's the case.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 149
Idk what to think about barbs spawning in between cities yet but naval situation looks out of control. In my first 3.x.x game (the one on the screenshot is 2nd) I had 7 barb ships surrounding my one city in the early game. May be it's always been like that, I haven't played a lot of VP but it seems a bit too much either way. Or may be I'm a noob and should've just spammed archers from early on, let me know if that's the case.
Have always hated naval barbs. Wish there was a setting to turn them off.

I think what is happening is that coastal barb camps are producing naval instead of land units, & if left unchecked suddenly start appearing in packs. In recent versions, they have hardly built any naval units, but now they do, it seems alot worse. A unit swimming to your cities is far easier to take out than ships, who can also cause more damage. It also makes it alot more dangerous in embarking your units, which until this version were in no danger doing so. In fairness to your screenshot above, they are all melee ships early on, & your cities are well protected from the sea, so can only attack one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom