Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed a Bug, captured a few barb camps with civilian units but after capture the units disappear?? Not sure if this has been reported yet, if not let me know and I'll send a report on github.

Also stellar version this time!! Best so far imo. The barbs changes are immense! Really gives the early game more dynamic especially with barb xp uncapped.

Noticed a Bug, captured a few barb camps with civilian units but after capture the units disappear?? Not sure if this has been reported yet, if not let me know and I'll send a report on github.

Also stellar version this time!! Best so far imo. The barbs changes are immense! Really gives the early game more dynamic especially with barb xp uncapped.
please report

Happiness definitely feels better in this version. I still run up to the unhappiness wall much more easily than in the older versions, but I can at least build buildings now to lower unhappiness in order to grow more.

I feel barbs without "raging barbs" are on a good level now, decent spawn rate.
With raging barbs the map just explodes.
Seems like they annoy they AI some and slow them down a bit.
Have one Authority AI (zulu) and they are doing very bad.
Edit: oh and city states that join a war actually contributes a bit.

However.. It is possible to manipulate which development path the AI will choose. Not always, but very often.

Two neighbors - France and Japan. Map with ragings barbarians.

If played calmly and in peace, then Napoleon often chose Tradition. If you declare war on him 1 turn before he chooses the first policy (turn 18, if he did not find ruins with culture), then 100% he chose Authority.

Oda Nabunaga was more consistent and even in the event of a declaration of war, he retained his preference for Tradition or Progress very often (more than 80-90%). Only once managed to push his choice towards Authority, when he received the first policy on turn 13. - had to declare war on 12.

Want more warring civilizations? Declare war at the first meeting, you will always have time to make peace.

It seems like automated workers replace features to build normal improvements on non resource tiles, ets vilalge on road, fort to pass land into lake or the other side. All this happens despite having the don't remove features option enabled. Is this intended? Ngl in case of Netherlands it's really annoying.

Happiness definitely feels better in this version. I still run up to the unhappiness wall much more easily than in the older versions, but I can at least build buildings now to lower unhappiness in order to grow more.
Agree. Happiness is much more manageable in this version. Religious Unrest seems a bit off though.

I played another game at epic speed (instead of standard speed). The game saw a lot of warmongering: apart from me 4 other civs conquered original capitals (on a huge map); incidentally 3 of those civs had picked Authority. The 4 Tradition AI all got crushed despite leading in terms of points in the midgame. For me the yields from barbarian kills seemed to be good, they definitely weren't too low. Overall Authority seems to be strong at epic speed.

However.. It is possible to manipulate which development path the AI will choose. Not always, but very often.
It could also just be that there are a lot more barbarians about now so the incentive to pick Authority is higher.

I would just caution that until people put about 4-5 Turn 120 games under their belt, to be careful about giving happiness feedback.

Happiness is still VERY swingy. Case in point, one game I had. Turn 86 had 100% happiness with an authority style play. Another Authority game, Turn 86....32% and revolutionaries ate me alive.
So 1 game is not going to give you the proper impression.

Authority AIs seem to be VERY strong BUT I have always been playing with raging barbs to make games more interesting and to make authority stronger. If current barb iteration remains, I will not be playing with raging barbs anymore since they make the game too hectic and seem unbalanced for authority. I actually managed to save my cities for now but this amount of pressure makes the game somewhat tedious. I get to fight more trying to play peaceful than I did trying to do conquest in the past patches.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 187
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 170
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 192
Authority AIs seem to be VERY strong BUT I have always been playing with raging barbs to make games more interesting and to make authority stronger. If current barb iteration remains, I will not be playing with raging barbs anymore since they make the game too hectic and seem unbalanced for authority. I actually managed to save my cities for now but this amount of pressure makes the game somewhat tedious. I get to fight more trying to play peaceful than I did trying to do conquest in the past patches.
But those are not barbarians. It's Iroquos and France

But they are authority, each has one or two vassals and a conquest of another civ the game was morphed around those that picked authority I assume because of a good performance against raging barbs and the extra culture.
Here's some barbs

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 126
ok. This is expected, though. The more fight there is the better Authority is. And that's the point of raging barbarians, so they are powerful.

Progress feels great when it comes to happiness, which I love since I mainly play progress. Equality is super strong.

Why don't you have roads on every tile between cities on turn 290? You lose because of the lack of troop mobility - for each forest or hill tile you spend two movement points instead of 0.33.

I haven't played this overhaul for a year or two, I'm just wondering what changes has been made to the Barbarian camp spawn placements. They've felt super aggressive, spawning merely 2 tiles away from my borders and units.
I thought at first it was because I played at a Pangea map and I was just unlucky with AI being really good at preventing fog of war. Still noticed it was very aggressive in a second game at the community map script though.
I've had a barb camp repeatedly spawn and break my road connection because there was a small gap between my two cities z.z

Does unit vision still prevent barb placement, or is the rule just "don't spawn adjacent to an unit"?

Does unit vision still prevent barb placement, or is the rule just "don't spawn adjacent to an unit"?
Barbs ignore the fog of war in this version and sometimes they appear to pop up magically.

The best way to prevent this for now is to understand that they can't pop up within 1 tile of your territory or adjacent to your units, so plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom