Status
Not open for further replies.
A few turns ago, France declared war on Quebec. Almost immediately, CS got the quest 'defend the city from the barbarians' (they don't respect Napoleon at all).

It seems to me that such a quest should not appear if CS is already at war on its own with the AI or another city-state. If at war as someone's ally, then I see no reason to ban the quest.

These barbarians bring confusion to the clash of the warring parties and actually provide CS with additional protection by diverting AI attacks. Or they can make the 'war between two CS' quest easier and give advantage to one of the CS, which once happened in an earlier version.

Spoiler :

20221222201553_1.jpg

These barbarians bring confusion to the clash of the warring parties and actually provide CS with additional protection by diverting AI attacks. Or they can make the 'war between two CS' quest easier and give advantage to one of the CS, which once happened in an earlier version.
And? What's the problem with that? More dynamic gameplay.

And? What's the problem with that? More dynamic gameplay.

AI can't capture a CS that regularly spawns around 6 barbarians. It takes 3-4 turns to destroy each wave, and the pause between waves is also something like 4 turns.

In fact, there will be more dynamics if the AI gets a puppet. More diplomatic confrontations, more international tensions. The quest 'liberate CS' will appear.

Hi! Any chance of a release for Christmas? Something like a 3.05 or maybe a 3.1? Thanks in advance.

For the last few releases (maybe since the merge?) there has been like a 5 second delay after certain 'actions' like attacking with a unit or making an event choice. It's a little annoying but I haven't seen anyone else mention it here or github, so I'm not sure if it's a mod issue. To clarify: if I attack with a unit, then there is a few second delay before th game 'registers' it and moves on. It doesnt freeze the game but it doesn't cycle to the next unit for a while. I have quick combat, quick movement, and quick selection advance ON.

Mods: Unique City States, More Unique Components (most recently installed), Enlightenment Era

For the last few releases (maybe since the merge?) there has been like a 5 second delay after certain 'actions' like attacking with a unit or making an event choice. It's a little annoying but I haven't seen anyone else mention it here or github, so I'm not sure if it's a mod issue. To clarify: if I attack with a unit, then there is a few second delay before th game 'registers' it and moves on. It doesnt freeze the game but it doesn't cycle to the next unit for a while. I have quick combat, quick movement, and quick selection advance ON.

Mods: Unique City States, More Unique Components (most recently installed), Enlightenment Era
I don't got that problem and i also have quick in all.
I only use the mods that follow the installer :)

I also don't have this problem. Maybe hardware issue? Are you playing on larger maps?

ive seen ai lose cities to city states and also rebel creating another city state, also have raging barbarbians i find it does give the advantage to the human player but if the human takes authority its just a slowed down as the AI taking any other policy and having extra units as defence you can totally run away from the AI in science plus taking the wonder that gives culture for winning battles makes authority then look like the less optimum choice.

I noted some of this on Github. I see it a lot after you do the spread action with a missionary or attack with a plane.

Completed another game, The AI loves to stich you up in the World Congress ! jeepers creepers passive influence on city states pees em off enough i had world science intiative >decolonisation > sanctions > ban main lux etc, later on Spaceflight regulations. Once i was isolated they attacked themselves by decolonising each other

Still think science is way out for lower levels, also AIs Policy choices seem off i could be wrong but Authority>Statecraft is counter intuitive if your relying on bully the city states Authority seems to lack science for the AI

I was influencial over 2 /4 civs for culture victory

couldnt get Diplo victory as AI seems to excel at that

Domination victory wasnt worth the War Weariness

Chieftian still seems difficult in areas but trivial in others

I concur.

In my case it happens especially after ranged attacks. I use the mod quick turns. Everything is set to quick/not showing moves.

Regards
XSamatan

This is the first time I've seen AI properly build roads in difficult terrain. Persia deserves a medal.

And the Ottomans have a complete lack of understanding. On this river and in the forests you constantly get stuck. It is impossible to help him in defense. It is not surprising that everyone kicks him and is not lazy.

Spoiler :

20221223192022_1.jpg

Also in Japan. Where the roads could be overcome in 1 move, you spend 4-5 moves at best. Lip river, again forests, again hills. And marshes. You get stuck at every step.
It was necessary to build a road along the border of Japan to Genoa in order to create bridges across the river at least there.

Why not increase AI road priority and 1-2 additional workers? Make the key points to which you need to build roads - strategic resources, luxury resources, forts, fortresses, hill + forest tiles, hill + desert and around all this within a radius of 1 tile. Gradually, the AI territory will receive a fairly developed road network.

This will significantly improve the defense of each AI - wounded units will be able to quickly retreat to the rear. The cavalry will not get stuck in the forests - attacked, ran away.

Spoiler :

20221223192107_1.jpg

Hi! Any chance of a release for Christmas? Something like a 3.05 or maybe a 3.1? Thanks in advance.
I'll do a release soon, don't expect anything too special though.

Brilliant. Thanks for your answer. I am satisfied with having the latest corrections that have been made, such as the xp of the units... Thanks again and happy holidays to all.... HoHoHo!
I'll do a release soon, don't expect anything too special though.

science still feels out though, I did a poland game standard speed standard map, went tradition/artistry/Industry/freedom goddess of springtime/holylaw/mandir/inspired works/ then the one with golden age points and i think it was gp points. 4 cities won by turn 310 . Culture Victory is too easy vs science. Controlling the senate when you go freedom is much easier.

There is a weird crash where a tile can have an owning city that can't be accessed. When this is resolved, I'll do a new release.

If you capture CS with an embassy, then why does the embassy owner's voice remain active for the World Congress? The embassy is non-functional if CS became a puppet or was annexed.

In the early version, you could even set up an embassy in a bordering city-state, then capture the embassy with the Citadel, and then you could set up an embassy again and end up with 2 votes. Haven't tried the current version.

It would be nice to check the embassies every turn - whether they are located on the territories of independent city-states. If not (the city is captured, the tile is captured), then the owner of the embassy does not receive a vote. Great diplomats will stop sailing halfway across the world to polar CSs in order to establish an embassy, the territory of which will still not be able to be protected from capture. You will have to take care of close CSs, but sometimes spoil relations by occupying tiles with generals to remove someone else's embassy.

But there may be miscalculations with sold votes. There should be a limit on the sale of votes only those that are due to each member of Congress.

If you capture CS with an embassy, then why does the embassy owner's voice remain active for the World Congress? The embassy is non-functional if CS became a puppet or was annexed.

In the early version, you could even set up an embassy in a bordering city-state, then capture the embassy with the Citadel, and then you could set up an embassy again and end up with 2 votes. Haven't tried the current version.

It would be nice to check the embassies every turn - whether they are located on the territories of independent city-states. If not (the city is captured, the tile is captured), then the owner of the embassy does not receive a vote. Great diplomats will stop sailing halfway across the world to polar CSs in order to establish an embassy, the territory of which will still not be able to be protected from capture. You will have to take care of close CSs, but sometimes spoil relations by occupying tiles with generals to remove someone else's embassy.

But there may be miscalculations with sold votes. There should be a limit on the sale of votes only those that are due to each member of Congress.
I was under the impression that if a CS was taken over any embassy didn't count as a vote in WC.

As for Citadels, wouldn't happen in any game I play as play with 'Citadels don't steal land' mod, which makes gameplay far more sensible & Citadels are used as defenisve buildings as they should be.

I do agree it is silly how civs /players has embassies set up around the world they cannot protect. AI Embassies nearby just make me more likely to take over that civ.

I thought, why do skirmishers have 'logistics' at the same pole as 'infiltration'.

'Infiltrators' working behind enemy lines will be much more suitable for 'Parthian tactics' than double shooting at weakened units. It will be possible to really work behind enemy lines, ignoring zones of control and finishing off weakened units. Now it is extremely doubtful to do this on a Deity.

And logistics is more suitable in a head-on collision, when armies come face to face and there is not much point in ignoring zones of control and +1 movement. The AI will line up units very often anyway to get flank bonuses.

What about swapping 'Parthian tactics' and 'logistics'?

Spoiler :

20221226034520_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom