1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - April 20th (4/20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 20, 2018.

1. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

hm, today in a test game for Indonesia( I just check if resources are spawn for Paramecium )when I settled 6 cities in one turn(with IGE settler spam of course), all 6 cities has the same type of resource(nutmeg).
    Someone need to do some tests in different turns for that, like in real game.

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It’s a small hotfix but I was tired last night. I’ll post today. :)

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

4. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Gazebo, was there a recent change to capturing settlers? In my current game, I saw a Barbarian capture a settler, then be destroyed and the settler captured by a second AI (not the one that lost it) while remaining a settler.

5. Gazebo

@ilteroi touched the code recently, but I haven't.

G

6. Gazebo

7. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I like the placement, but I still think 11 turns to chop jungle is too long. Jungle now has many more options for pantheons and other opening strategies (if you progress, the free worker actually does something other than cost maintenance!)

8. ridjack

ridjack King

They've always remained Settlers when the AI captures them (at least in vanilla; I've honestly never paid attention in VP); they only become workers when a human captures them.

ElliotS likes this.
  9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

10. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I missed a hotfix.

Any reason this was raised so much thought? Forest used to be 4 and I saw 0 discussion about changing it. 8 is a pretty long time, it means I'm improving half as many tiles as the civs outside jungle.

11. RedHotTomato

RedHotTomato Chieftain

Anyone experience constant crashing after turn 300 on this newest patch? playing on deity, pangea, epic speed.

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

13. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Because Lord willed it to be given thought. :worship:

14. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

I reply why In your GitHub topic. Now just need to wait till someone will look at code(or maybe there is a way to disable revolts?).

15. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

too longue. I even don't imagine what it will be in marathon

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I feel like I need more workers than usual.

EDIT. I'll explain. When jungles were good by themselves, I didn't put workers in the jungle. Now that I'm chopping, the worker has to move in harsh terrain, long before I can deploy roads, and it's taking ages just getting to the chopping sites. I built a plantation for citrus in 11 turns, then had to move the worker towards a horse resource, and it took almost 5 turns just getting to the horses. Then I had to come back to keep chopping jungle, and another 4 turns in the way back. In classical it's not that bad, since I have my road network ready. Even then, in middle ages the terrain was as underdeveloped as if I had 25% fewer workers.
    Now that I know, next time I'll produce more workers.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  17. Tantro

Tantro Chieftain

Tech placement is great, but chop time is slow. For game play reasons I'd prefer toning chop time down a couple of turns and make it equal, say 5 turns, for both forest & jungle.

On another note. Overall puppets now feel more balanced with happiness penalty and production/growth cap removed, incentivizing annexing. I'm surprised that puppets now sometimes build workers.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Gokudo01 likes this.
  18. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

I'm quite happy with the longer chop time, feels diverse.

19. Sruixan

Sruixan Chieftain

It just so happens that the thing I've registered to ask about - see, I started a game as Indonesia with the initial release of the 4/20 version and have so far had 12 nutmeg, 3 cloves and no pepper whatsoever. In my last game, with the 3/17 version, I'm pretty sure the AI Indonesia was spawning all three luxes, though admittedly that doesn't narrow down the source of this possible issue. Either I've got some catastrophically-bad luck, the spawning isn't purely random, or there's something up here.

Specifics: Huge map with the default 12 players, no other mods. I've played in three stints the past three days, and a quick look at the saves suggests the spawns have been NNN NNnNCc nNnNnc, where uppercase is from city foundation, lowercase is from conquest and the underlined nutmeg was the free Candi from the Hanging Gardens. I wondered if the fact that all the cloves have spawned later on in my sessions might be relevant, so I'll see what happens if I decide to play some more today...

20. Gazebo

Remember that it comes down at machinery. If it is trivial it might as well not happen at all. It also makes the worker penalties from capture hurt more, and the speed modifiers more useful.

G