1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - April 20th (4/20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 20, 2018.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

By the way, I'm not seeing connect CS with road quest anymore. It worked last month, and now again it doesn't.

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

In two games played, all city states were hostile. This is pretty unlikely to just be a coincidence, right?

3. Vortok

Vortok Chieftain

I rather like that the option has been moved to an earlier spot. One of my earliest games was nigh surrounded by Jungles. I abandoned it when I realized how long I'd have to wait to improve any of the tiles/even get to the resources under some of the tiles. Being railroaded that far into one side of the tech tree that early in the game felt a bit annoying. So I really like that jungle chopping has been moved to an earlier location.

Some things taking awhile to unlock seems reasonable, even though I find it bothersome at times. Just means that some of them (ocean embark, as an example) are meaningful when you get them. It's mostly just personal agitation at Scouts being idle while there's still world to explore, rather than a balance concern, haha. There's already a number of incremental improvements as tech as are unlocked (city attack range, as an example) so shortening the time it takes to clear jungle with later techs seems to fit VP's style. I don't really have any comments about the chopping time itself, though.

4. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Yes, there are a topic somewhere on GitHub. For me the same, all were hostile :)

CrazyG likes this.
  5. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Prince

The RNG for city state demeanor is definitely bugged right now. They're all getting the same demeanor, but the demeanor is randomly chosen when they're spawned. So you start a new game and all CSs are Neutral. Restart a few different times and they'll all spawn as Hostile or Friendly etc.

6. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Check someone Indonesia, in my check all 6 first cities that I spawn in one turn gave me the same resource :)
    RNG just need some love :smoke:

7. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

I tested a bit, but didnt make logs and github, I can do it later if needed. The settings were once again Communitas Standardmap size. Indonesia. Only had nutmeg spawning. And it seems weird, on standard speed the ressources spawn as supposed. On Epic, some cities, (and the capital) dont spawn any ressources, but I didnt play until candis (seems to me pointless to play Indonesia without there bonus luxs ...).

8. ridjack

ridjack King

It's one of the better QoL changes in recent memory. Before now, I generally rerolled jungle heavy starts and starts with primarily ocean luxuries; jungle is now easily my favorite start. I hate to say this because I'm absolutely loving it, but getting jungle chopping and plantations on the same tech might be too good. Taking Goddess of Springtime and beelining Calendar has me rolling in gold even with Tradition, between bananas and the fact that most (all?) of the jungle luxuries are plantations.

Grabbl and raphaell666 like this.
  9. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Splitting forest and jungle chop has made jungle starts more elegant vs forest for sure.

Forest has to split their early tech for bronze working on chop and calendar for plantations. Jungle only needs to tech in 1 direction. I think it would be more fair if both chops came at the same tech. Jungle can still take longer to chop, but the tech’s location on the tree just makes it too smooth for the start

10. ridjack

ridjack King

Yes, that's a better way to express it. Forests are awkward and clunky now; jungles are lovely.

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

But jungle chops are quite a bit pricier (and make less production).

G

12. pza

pza Prince

Yeah I agree with Gazebo on this one. Both might be a little too slow, but my first impression is that it's less uneven between jungle and forest than it was before.

13. ridjack

ridjack King

Intellectually, I know that's true, but I'm still much, much happier to see jungle Dyes than Forest ones. I'm getting settlers and my first luxes all on the same tech line with absolutely no need to move anything to be able to do it. (Although, Bronze Working does unlock the Iron that is commonplace in jungles.)

14. ScooterDWiebels

ScooterDWiebels Warlord

It makes building the Pyramid wonder more desirable (my current game I built it along with the liberty policy even at epic speed the trees come down at a good rate)

15. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Counterpoint, though: Jungle starts are much more likely to need to get 'under' their features for pantheons, whereas forests do not. Jungle camps are much more rare than forest camps.

G

16. ScooterDWiebels

ScooterDWiebels Warlord

In the game I just started I had a lot of plantation resources spawning on forest tiles in that case you need both calendar and bronze working. (again if you beeline to calendar consider building pyramids to get the chop time down)

17. ridjack

ridjack King

That's a decent point to press down on. I might just be really noticing the jungles more; they got a more substantial change than forests did.

Speaking of those pantheons: I haven't paid attention to any of the tuning threads you guys were doing. Was there ever a discussion about the 'x yield for every 2 jungle/forest/plains worked' pantheons? I think those are the only ones I never even consider. I tried one of them recently and it was just as useless as I had assumed it would be.

(Sidenote: @Infixo Are you looking at the 'Religion Overview' interface at all? If you are or will be, it'd be really nice to stop seeing the pantheons in there twice.)

18. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

The pantheon for jungle/forest is correct with civs that have an UI on jungle/forest (like Maya). Except from that I would never pick it.

19. ridjack

ridjack King

Is anyone else seeing the AI running into early-game gold issues a lot more lately? I haven't been able to sell all my excess luxuries in the last couple games because everyone is running in negative GPT.

vyyt likes this.
  20. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I see that sometimes, it's usually the guys who spam warriors. What I see more often is AI having horrendous problems with unhappiness. It's the second game in a row somebody's city turned into a city state before/during medieval, that's not good.

vyyt likes this.