1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - April 30th (4/30)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, May 1, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

New version inbound. Spit and polish, etc. Changelog

Not savegame compatible. Link: https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

I'm going out of town this week (vacation, whoo!) so I'm leaving the 4-20-5 installer in the repo in the event that I goofed something realgood. But I don't think I did. But it can happen. Sometimes. Maybe. Anyways, have fun!

Cheers,
    G

2. Deadstarre

Deadstarre Expert

Enjoy!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Hehe have you ever released a version you thought was crap and full of bugs? That would be a funny patch notes. "This version is hell on earth. If you don't have a CTD in the first 5 turns I would be shocked. You are a masochistic if you download this version" :)

My thoughts:

1) CV: I think bringing back the wonder is fine to try (though it is a big change this late in the mod game). But telecom feels a bit late. I think CV should still come before diplo and science.
    2) Boat Garrison: I actually don't like this funny enough. I didn't see a need to change it, just let boats be useless in port....pretty much like in real life.
    3) Religion changes look good to me. I don't know if (which one gives the bonus to WLTKD, can't remember) needed a boost, but the one that hits Golden Ages I am good with a small buff.

Tekamthi likes this.
  4. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Code:
    Boats can now properly garrison a city (city chooses best defender based on unit defense)
    Does that mean that a second unit will step up after the boat is killed effectively giving the city stacked defense? Or was stacked defense already an option before and I wasn't aware.

5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Coastal cities were too vulnerable anyways, so maybe it's not that bad to have backup garrisons in coastal cities.

I don't really see anything that I really dislike in the changelog. Late tourism wonder is not a bad idea either. There are now two windows for culture victory. We'll see.
    You know I wasn't in favor to give Tradition more food.
    Also, I'm not sure about the extra religion. Founding a religion is an investment in itself, and there were already ways to deal with the non-founder situation. Maybe AI wasn't aware that a good move was to capture a Holy City? I guess it increases priority for St. Basil.

Thanks for all the work, though.

wobuffet likes this.
  6. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

That's fine. I just had a question about stackable units in cities, I'm not sure what the status is.

7. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

Was the CV wonder in vanilla the utopia project? the panopticon, as a perfect prison - likened to the modern openplan office or call centre doesn't feel right.

8. verybiased

verybiased Chieftain

Was the change for AI getting angry when you spread your religion to them and they only have a pantheon reverted/ adjusted? Or is that still in this version?

9. Tantro

Tantro Chieftain

Extra religion is going to be interesting.

10. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Thanks, it is a really good change :thumbsup:
    Will start a new game, with these changes it will be something new :)

11. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Prince

Awesome! I've been on the "CV needs its own end-game Wonder" side of the fence for some time now, so it will be interesting to see how the game feels now that most all of the major bugs with Tourism yields have been ironed out. Telecom seems a bit late, but with policy generation slowed down in the last patch I feel that policies and tech are finally coming into alignment. My only real bugbear at this point is that on the highest difficulties the bonuses the AI get make it so that top Civs often reach technological eras centuries ahead of when those eras were triggered in reality (reaching Industrial Era in the 15th century, for example), but without a difficulty-based scalar on tech costs I think there is pretty much nothing more that can be done about this. The "middle" range of difficulties seem to be pretty much in sync with technological era versus calendar date, however.

Cheers, and enjoy your vacation, G!

12. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

If it means that much to you there are instructions in another thread about how to globally scale science. I'm sure people would appreciate a modmod with good values for multiple difficulties and it wouldn't be too hard.

13. Vortok

Vortok Chieftain

It's where all the dirty warmongers going for a domination victory are locked up, so that they can't stop the tourism train with overwhelming force anymore. :lol:

I like the tourism changes. The community will likely help adjust any numbers that seem off via feedback, but it's nice to see it getting some attention.

I didn't realize that 4 religions was the norm on 8 player maps (for some reason I thought it was a display thing, despite VP being so on top of updating other tooltips), given the default Civ5 amount. Maybe that's part of why it feels like such a stressful race to found a religion. I'm guessing there was a reason for it initially and so now we get to test reverting to the old standard amount. I think I'll like the increased possibility to found without the intention of becoming a world religion.

I just played Byzantium (with the Science on spread to foreign religions Enhancer) + Borodubur and it actually felt pretty good. The potential science per turn was a bit crazy, though. The QOL option to make missionaries is nice, especially if there are other cities that can comfortably build wonders. About the only problem was teching faster than I could put in infrastructure, but I also had to worry about Babylon's massive tech lead (reached Renaissance while I was halfway through Classical -.-)... who could bring up the global infrastructure average, lawl.

14. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

I noticed that all events (bad, good, neutral, and trade) are disabled by default in the advanced game options.
    Was it some reason for that?

15. Guynemer

Guynemer King

The Panopticon feels like a very weird choice for a Cultural Victory.

Asterix Rage likes this.
  16. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

+1

17. Bascule2000

Bascule2000 Warlord

What about Disney World?

CppMaster likes this.
  18. wistak

wistak Chieftain

AAAAAA
    multi works GREAT barbarians on and no desyncs to 50 turn

19. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

I tend to agree; I enjoyed the dynamic of having to move at least a few land units to coastal captures, if I want to defend 'em fully... & the ability to catch ships 'in port' so-to-speak. The AI appeared to handle this adequately.

Not 100% on point to this change, but it seems from this thread that existing naval/city mechanism was liked well-enough.

20. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

I’ve been strongly against the cultural victory wonder idea, and I still view it with some trepidation. It can exacerbate the problem, which has never been fully fixed from vanilla, that the end game is frequently an exercise in hitting “next turn.” But maybe with the recent changes to culture and tourism it won’t be as bad as I fear. I’m still hard pressed to see what positive impact this change brings to the game though.