1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

New version inbound. Spent the weekend coughing teasing a bit more performance out of the DLL and making AI optimizations/improvements. Also made some balance changes based on forum feedback and AI testing runs. Pretty happy with this one. Barring any major exploits, ideologies and policies are now locked, as well as all beliefs. Not making any more substantial changes to the underlying systems or models.

Online as of 12:15pm EST.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!rJNgBJwJ!lyzX-WvxUUn4xuABcafim-M76BfnvbH2jkEYc5vRSK8
    G

Groff, bigcat88, Dawnpromise and 11 others like this.
  2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

That's a really harsh nerf for the Celts. They are a great civ but I don't think she is that OP, maybe the Celidh Hall should get something to compensate? Or you could leave it at 3 faith per city, but decrease the faith per kill on the Pictish warrior. Its hard to create a flexible civ with 10 equally viable pantheons when the UU is so extremely favorable to Authority

New Goddess of Beauty is very cool. Can't wait to abuse that with India

On Mausoleum, I would return the original effect of gold for great people. After playing with the artistry tree and seeing this effect in action, I've really come to like it. Its far more interesting that culture for great people. Its an amazing wonder, but without that effect I'm not sure how strong it will be. Its in a pretty bad spot in the tech tree to research that early on

ElliotS and Owlbebach like this.
  3. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Good timing. My hotseat buddy ceded the game to me today. I'm going to spin the runestone changes as a nerf and play against him again. Muahaha.

LukaSlovenia29 likes this.
  4. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

New Goddess of Beauty will be so well fit with Egypt.
    Assyria/Portugal buff! Hooray!

5. Gothic_Empire

The runestone Civpedia entry still says they give 25 culture. Is that a bug or is saying it here enough? :)

6. H3LLBL4Z3R

H3LLBL4Z3R Chieftain

CBP Version 2017-8-16 Modpack, so you can play Multiplayer and/or Quickly Load etc.

This is my Second Modpack upload, just uploaded the previous one earlier today, I had a hunch that the next patch was coming around the corner... ;)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!Bz5RVZiB!837GxL5qjY4LaRSsCDQ_QgochyMm8hyHP4bWHV47WWs (EUI Included)

Let me know if it works good, I provided a Readme for people who are less experienced with this.

P.S: Making the post in both the "New Version" thread posts and the "DLC Modpack and 43-Civ Version Repository"

I'll try and keep on top of creating and uploading Modpacks as the glorious patches come in, atleast for a while.. :)

Cheers,

wheats and vyyt like this.
  7. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

I like each change so far, even the ethiopia ones ^^

8. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

:crazyeye:
    • Pagoda
      • Dropped to +1 per religion in city (was +2)
    • Cathedral
      • Now: Farms and Pastures gain +1 Gold (was Farm 1g/1p)
    Oh damn. this is a big nerf, but yeah, these buildings deserved to be halved in yields. I'll be curious to hear a tier list from everyone of all the follower beliefs now. Its not quite clear. I still think asceticism and maybe cooperation is top tier, but I'll have to reevaluate with all these changes. Maybe I don't have to worry about founding anymore since all the follower beliefs are relatively equal in power.

As always, thanks. It's fun evaluating what these changes mean.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    vyyt likes this.
  9. Funak

Funak Deity

Am I surprised to see the Celt nerf? I mean in my view the Celts were one of the absolute weakest civs in the game with their UA pretty much stopping them from spreading their religion and by extension reforming and their UB being mediocre at best.
    But I guess you have some inside information that I don't have.

10. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Typo of Portugal UA wasn't changed. Also it will be very helpful if there is description of India UA limit.

11. Txurce

Txurce Deity

It's eerie how these changes cue up with my casual observations. Markets are now very viable, as they should be, like barracks. All the religion changes make sense to me, and Goddess of Beauty is suddenly very tempting if you're one of the early-religion civs.

You also nailed Assyria on the head. Their big problem is striking too soon. But let them get a head of steam, and they do very well.

And the SOTL/navy changes are enough that England could be a high performer with good players.

Erikose and vyyt like this.
  12. vuko

vuko Chieftain

Save game compatible with the 7-8 version?

13. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Prince

I suppose once more the thing to do is start a new game. Tally ho!

glider1 likes this.
  14. Gothic_Empire

The celts perform really well whenever I play them.

15. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

About the Pagoda, does anybody build it? I never do. Does it generate pressure and defends from pressure like the other buildings?

16. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I think Denmark will be way too strong, easy to get 25% CS for your melee combined with tons of yields is a bit too much. Once you crush the enemy force, that'll be 10 C/P per city for every tile in classical (30 each in renaissance), and tiles with roads count twice, so 20C/20P in their case. That scales, too. Besides that, all seems good, though Pagoda and Cathedral might need at least +1 base Faith (and maybe Gold in Cathedral's case) or something as they've lost a half of their power, and that might be too much of a hit.

17. ShadedSkies

ShadedSkies Chieftain

New ships of the line are quite useful, I was able to take a Deity capital in 3 turns with 5 of them. Also I can't believe they still have that early spy, I built my first Council in the renaissance and still got to industrial before anyone else. It's so good.

18. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Haven't tried it myself but seems like with new naval promotions Carthage unique boat will be overpowered. Previously it was strong enough to take cities with it and now it is way stronger

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Some of my text files didn't update, I'll fix that later. It'll be savegame compatible.

G

20. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

I build. It significantly increases all city yields and reduces boredom. Isn't it good?
    Well, probably I won't build it anymore, because +1 per religion is may be a little bit low.