New Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here.

EUI: https://mega.nz/#!cNMgHQxR!Gslt_grnUve6KOOZmj0Y8xNWXRHbWzzbKruleaa7RJc

No EUI: https://mega.nz/#!hV9iDRxa!LbbASN2WenONatdUcJoJ0TfSrRDJih5kasBmwOjQYHA

There's nothing special about making modpacks. We all follow the same simple instructions, so I don't know what would cause problems with others.
@Gazebo , would be nice if you get around to updating the modpack repository so it gets multiplayer in the title sometime, along with removing the deprecated 43 civ stuff.

thanks for the upload, man, but my experience is different modpacks behave differently. It's a mystery to me as well. Perhaps it's based more on the mod version itself? I've never had a whole slew of modpacks of the same version with the same mods+extras to test.

EUI or Non-EUI? I found Non-EUI modpack I created of this 8-16 to give constant desyncs every 3-5 turns from the beginning of any game, while the 8-7 versions and before are flawless in our testing last night.
EUI. I never play without it. You sure it wasn't a one time thing? Civ multiplayer has never been all that stable to begin with, so consistency is always gonna be a pain.

I've no clue how much new versions can affect modpacks. It seems like the barbs and events were the only sure things that needed fixing, since stability issues don't seem relevant anymore since those were dealt with.

EUI. I never play without it. You sure it wasn't a one time thing? Civ multiplayer has never been all that stable to begin with, so consistency is always gonna be a pain.

I've no clue how much new versions can affect modpacks. It seems like the barbs and events were the only sure things that needed fixing, since stability issues don't seem relevant anymore since those were dealt with.

I'll give your non-EUI a try to compare. We never use events as they don't work in MP and haven't had any barb issues with versions I've made in almost 6 months. The only issue we've had besides desyncs from this version is the vanilla double turn bug if you don't save twice.

I find influence decay in actual version a bit harsh (base decay +1% current influence) needing a really big effort with diplomatic units to maintain alliances according to benefits (at least during a big part of the game), spending lots of gold and hammers (only justified because I'm using Unique City States mod).

To alleviate this a bit, I think that some possible options (apart from the obvious like increase a little base influence for each diplomatic unit) could be:

Change base decay from actual Friend-Neutral-Hostile 1 - 1- 1,5 to 0 - 0,75 - 1,5
Change Statecraft Trade Confederacy Policy +1 Influence for trade route to 2

Is this my particular concern or do you experience similar problems in your games?

I find influence decay in actual version a bit harsh (base decay +1% current influence) needing a really big effort with diplomatic units to maintain alliances according to benefits (at least during a big part of the game), spending lots of gold and hammers (only justified because I'm using Unique City States mod).

To alleviate this a bit, I think that some possible options (apart from the obvious like increase a little base influence for each diplomatic unit) could be:

Change base decay from actual Friend-Neutral-Hostile 1 - 1- 1,5 to 0 - 0,75 - 1,5

Is this my particular concern or do you experience similar problems in your games?
I agree, the increased decay is a large impact when having under 60 influence. At that stage it should still decay by only about 1 per turn

So I'm still puzzled how supply cap works. After failure to jump over 20 in dawn of modern era, I hit another wall doing usual Iroquis progress. Literacy leader, most techs out of known civs, point leader and yet I get -15 supply from tech cap. At the same time, one city Brazil has like 10-12 units. How is that possible?

Population also generates supply. Avoiding growth keeps your cities' pop lower.

I agree, the increased decay is a large impact when having under 60 influence. At that stage it should still decay by only about 1 per turn
I like Mitch's solution here.

My suggestion:
  • Friendly: base decay 0.4 + 1% of influence
  • Neutral: base decay 0.8 + 1% of influence
  • Hostile: base decay 1.2 + 1% of influence
  • Irrational: base decay 0 + 2% of influence
Alternatively, the % part of decay could be set to something like 1% * (Influence – 60) to only affect Civs with Ally+ level Influence.

Your modpack works well, even w/ EUI. Thanks again. Had minimal desyncs and only a couple crashes (it happens), for the amount time we played, I was very happy.

Is it just me or has the game gotten easier? Thought it was just a successful Carthaginian boat rosh at first, but the next game clinched it. I can now runaway on king, given a favourable start. Technology is less of a concern. I play on King, for the moment. Am I getting better, or is king difficulty getting easier? It certainly feels like it since last update.

Is it just me or has the game gotten easier? Thought it was just a successful Carthaginian boat rosh at first, but the next game clinched it. I can now runaway on king, given a favourable start. Technology is less of a concern. I play on King, for the moment. Am I getting better, or is king difficulty getting easier? It certainly feels like it since last update.

Nothing's easier. You've gotten better.

I've encountered what seems to be a bug. I started a new game with a jfd modded civ and every handful of turns ill get a pop up notifying me that "the new deal" proposal can go towards one of two bonuses. Now I'm in the ancient era with no ideology and after I choose an option it will say something about my choice improving "americas" infrastructure...I'm playing as Lithuania...

I dont suspect that the civ is the problem. I haven't had this bug before 8/16 patch and it seems to have something to do with either the ideology or events system. Hence the post here.
The New Deal is the unique ability for JFD's Franklin Roosevelt civilization, so yeah it's probably to do with him.

EDIT: Just to clear this up, even if it was some VP change that broke one of JFD's civs, you'll still have to contact him about it, Gazebo can't really take all other mods into consideration when making updates.

The New Deal is the unique ability for JFD's Franklin Roosevelt civilization, so yeah it's probably to do with him.

EDIT: Just to clear this up, even if it was some VP change that broke one of JFD's civs, you'll still have to contact him about it, Gazebo can't really take all other mods into consideration when making updates.
You're probably right. This is my first playing as the Lithuania civ. Probably a mishap in the civs creation.

I've encountered what seems to be a bug. I started a new game with a jfd modded civ and every handful of turns ill get a pop up notifying me that "the new deal" proposal can go towards one of two bonuses. Now I'm in the ancient era with no ideology and after I choose an option it will say something about my choice improving "americas" infrastructure...I'm playing as Lithuania...
All bugs go on github

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom