1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - August 7th (8-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

New version inbound. Some good stuff here.

Online as of 11:30pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!OdMWRDwQ!vYzZueY_msT7v4ZrgqK0-_SCrUGA_wbKoeNo-gvQp0U

Cheers,
    Gazebo

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Erikose, Groff, mikes61293 and 17 others like this.
  2. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Thanks! I just recently got back into the Civilization series solely because of this mod.

Erikose and saamohod like this.
  3. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

How much? :)

Can you get a monopoly on jewelry and the like?

Bromar1 likes this.
  4. Funak

Funak Deity

You already could.

5. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

I like all works, but I'm a bit worried about those almost unconditional percentage modifier of Medieval policies what VP avoided for years. Although I believe G has own idea.

6. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

The changes to religion seem great!

7. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Beniito likes this.
  8. HalfEmptyMug

HalfEmptyMug Chieftain

?

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Most welcome. This release caused expectation.

So, is it mandatory for trading civs to follow statecraft now?

10. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Prince

Well then, it seems to be a time to do some medieval mayhem. Interesting stuff.

11. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Prince

I can't wait to try this new build! I'm curious to see how the new Medieval policies will affect culture-heavy Civs like China that used to be able to go Tradition > Aesthetics and generate so much culture that they were 2-4 policies ahead of the rest of the world. Considering China's UA is still really good I don't see that changing much, but I'm also curious to see how the AI treats the new policy trees given that (save for a Diplo victory) the choice of which to pick is much less obvious.

12. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I just run the launcher and looking at the trees, the policies themselves have changed. However, the shape of the trees is the same and the text describing the Openers, Finishers and Scalers all seem to refer to the old stuff. I have installed incorrectly? I've not played in awhile, but previously when a new patch came out, I just ran the installer.

13. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

So we still get scout units from conscription?
    That is disappointing. Over 90% of players voted against this policy giving us scouts.

Bromar1 and bigcat88 like this.
  14. Txurce

Txurce Deity

My first game is going to be with Carthage, and since a religion is pretty much guaranteed, it will be an interesting choice. At first blush, my leaning is to go all in on trade (partly because it's more "new"). But I'll see how the game develops.

15. hokath

hokath King

Wow, great stuff! It was becoming more and more clear the medieval trees were not as interesting and flexible as the other, more modern trees. Another raise to the bar!

Will the swaptimize (and therefore the AI,?) algorithm take this into account in any way when assigning great work locations?

16. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Maybe in next version, but I am sure that Gazebo will do something with this.

17. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

If he did that, it should be no problem. Now those civilization events that spawn religious buildings might be in trouble...

18. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

Love the changes! With Spain having an almost guaranteed to get a religion, alongside having your cities immune to the new religious pressure, this version is a definite buff for Isabella. Here's hoping happiness impact of religious unrest is more than enough to make an impact. The synergy with fealty (on paper) seems really good, and will absolutely make an aggressive Spain a terror to deal with in the Medieval era. Can't wait to try it out.

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I think you mean conditional - they're not free.

Sounds like a mod conflict.

That's a bugfix, and it was bugfixed (someone posted something about it on github at some point).

If the religious building isn't unlocked by belief in the XML, it will (currently) affect all religions in the city. I'll do a small hotfix so that it explicitly checks for a religion to benefit, and - if none do - it'll benefit all religions in the city.

G

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  20. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

This version looks pretty sweet, I've got to try it out.

Spain got a nerf to itself as Mission's primary benefit is having them up fast and easily, +100% Production to Castles will make them more common for everyone and less of a plus for Spain, especially now that the Production>Faith ratio will very quickly become unfavourable, but then their policy tree of choice is probably way stronger so it's a buff anyway.